Marriott's Crystal Shores

worst marriott timeshare on the planet

Jun 27, 2010

Do not stay at this resort, they do not honor Marriotts name with customer service, they charge 90 dollars to sit on the beach for the week, they have the highest rates for water sports, their food is not marriott quality! To top it all off, they would not extend our checkout from 10 am to noon for the last day, something a family of 6 certainly needs with small children. This was by far the worst run resort, we spoke to the front desk and the "manager on duty" they have no concern for their guests, they are an embarrassement to the Marriott name, take it from someone whom travels 200 plus days a year, and has been a loyal marriott platinum member for the past 10 plus - do not buy this resport and do not trade into it. The worst management team we have ever encountered. I have been a Marriott timeshare owner for the past 13 years, and this resort is by far the worst ever.

Brian S.
Sep 04, 2010

Wow...You must have caught them on an odd week as we are here and having a fantastic experience. These units may be the finest quality in the Marriott Vacation Club network. The restaurant onsite is dynamite. Stilts. We have enjoyed two great meals there. Quality food, friendly service and wonderful setting. They have an rather unique offering by the pool upscale cabanas for $90a day or so. Not something we have take advantage of yet but certainly is inviting. Been an owner for close to a decade and have stayed at 30 + Clubs the standard has always been 10AM checkout..a frustrating trade off of vacationclub experience nonetheless worth the trade off. Curious where you might own that serves as your reference point but I think I may want to go since your expectation level is so high. Perhaps in two months this property has grown up?

Chris G.
May 05, 2011

Wow we sure DO NOT agree with your comments on Crystal Shores. We have currently 14 time shares around the world and just love this resort. The staff are so considerate, hard working and each year we see minor and other issues dealt with. The $90 charge for umbrella and chairs is a good deal and this is not Marriott run. All Time shares have this contractor and the prices are the same. How can anyone think this is a bad deal. Back to the resort, we have been here for 3 years now and have no complaints at all. I would thoroughly recommend this resort. maybe if you have children, take them to Orlando as Marco is more for mature couples as there is not a lot for children or teenages if they do not like the FABULOUS beach. The 10am check out is standard in Time Shares to give the staff time to clean up for the next occupant. Why should the next person booked into your unit be disadvantaged by not getting in on time if you were late. Consideration for others please.

Robert G.
Aug 06, 2019

The other responders are way too kind. Anyone who reads your review knows that you are one of "Those obnoxious people" Crystal Shores and Marco Island have long been considered among the top of the Marriott timeshare properties.

Marriott does not charge to sit on a beach in Florida. The beach is public property. The beach chair concession is managed by the local government, i.e. town or county. I cannot speak to the food ten years ago. I do hope that I never sit on the beach next to you. Your rude whining might disturb my vacation.

David S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.