General Discussion

Has anyone heard of Timeshare Professionals?

Aug 23, 2010

Timeshare Professionals has anyone heard or used them before?

Caroline M.
Aug 23, 2010

carolinem61 Never heard of 'em myself, but whoever they are ONLY deal with them if they take their commission UPON SALE (i.e., no upfront fees required). Expect to have to pay a minimum commission of $1,500 or 25% of selling price, whichever is higher. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 13, 2017 07:20 AM

Aug 30, 2010

ARDA recommended me to them. I could not find them on ARDA list. I call them about my timeshare and they said they will call me but haven't heard from them yet. They are in Orlando Fl.

Marilyn W.
Aug 30, 2010

marilynw83 wrote:
ARDA recommended me to them. I could not find them on ARDA list. I call them about my timeshare and they said they will call me but haven't heard from them yet. They are in Orlando Fl.

What exactly is Timeshare Professionals' claim? That they will sell your timeshare for thousands of dollars guaranteed within the next 3 months? That they will "legally cancel" your timeshare contract? That they will rent out your unit for 3 times your maintenance fees?

Any claim like these is a 99.99% chance of being a scam. Try entering their phone number in a search engine and see what this other ventures this company might be connected to. It will likely be enlightening.

Lance C.
Aug 30, 2010

I call them and they refer me to RE/MAX Properties SW They are a Licensed Real Estate Broker and experience in resell timeshare no upfront fee. I have a contract in front on me now from them. Tomorrow we will take it to an attorney to look it over. RE/MAX Properties are individually own. Some of their agent advertise on tug. I like to know is there anyone we can trust to resell timeshare for owners.

Marilyn W.
Aug 31, 2010

marilynw83 wrote:
I like to know is there anyone we can trust to resell timeshare for owners.
You can get a referral to a licensed real estate agent who sells timeshares but does NOT charge upfront fees at http://www.ltrba.com.

That said, however, a minimum commission is STILL likely to be somewhere between $1000- $1,500. If your timeshare has good market value, you may be happy to pay that amount as commission. If your timeshare week has little or no current market value however --- well, do the math...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 31, 2010 01:19 PM

Aug 31, 2010

Thank you Ken. I check their website and I found two of the license brokers with their picture there. I had check out their license with the Florida, Business and professional. Now that said they represent Timeshare Professional and through RE/Max Properties SW INC

Marilyn W.
Mar 08, 2014

Hi...I realize your post is quite old regarding a sale of a timeshare through Timeshare Professionals. How did this turn out? Were you happy with the process, sale, money received/ commission paid? Thanks for your input, Kay

marilynw83 wrote:
I call them and they refer me to RE/MAX Properties SW They are a Licensed Real Estate Broker and experience in resell timeshare no upfront fee. I have a contract in front on me now from them. Tomorrow we will take it to an attorney to look it over. RE/MAX Properties are individually own. Some of their agent advertise on tug. I like to know is there anyone we can trust to resell timeshare for owners.

Katherine K.
Mar 09, 2014

Key words are to never pay any entity an upfront fee to list your timeshare for sale or rent .... if they ask for such then it's a scam.

R P.
Mar 09, 2014

Judith and James Kozlowski (owners of Timeshare Professionals) have owned multiple timeshare resale companies over the last decade or so, constantly changing the names of the corporations throughout the years. I'm not finding a lot of damning evidence, including in regards to their real estate licenses that both expire on 3/31/2014 (I would check back to see if they renew), but owning multiple companies and changing the names constantly is not a good sign.

J V.
Mar 09, 2014

Thanks for your reply. Fortunately, I have heard the message loud and clear to never pay an upfront fee. That said, are there any resale companies that actually manage to sell your timeshare? Any recommendations?

Katherine K.
Mar 09, 2014

Go to ltrba.com. There's a list of licensed brokers who will do it properly (ie., take their commission out of the proceeds of the sale; no upfront fees).

However, they might be frank with you regarding the resale value of your unit. They charge a minimum $1000 commission and you might find that your unit is not worth that much.

Lance C.
Mar 10, 2014

jordanv6 wrote:
Judith and James Kozlowski (owners of Timeshare Professionals) have owned multiple timeshare resale companies over the last decade or so, constantly changing the names of the corporations throughout the years. I'm not finding a lot of damning evidence, including in regards to their real estate licenses that both expire on 3/31/2014 (I would check back to see if they renew), but owning multiple companies and changing the names constantly is not a good sign.

What difference does it make that they may have different companies ..... they are honest on their webpage that the do not charge upfront fees, but are paid via commission after the sale .... the main thing is that they do not charge upfront fees.

Quoted from their webpage:

"We are a Licensed Real Estate Brokerage since 1984. Of those years, 21 of them are with RE/MAX.

No Advance fees. We are a commission-based brokerage. We LIST, SELL, and RENT Timeshare.

We are a member of the TSX Multiple Listing Service, which is exclusively for timeshare. When you list with us, we promote your property to all the licensed Real Estate Agents that specialize in Reselling and Renting Timeshare".

R P.
Mar 10, 2014

katherinek85 wrote:
Thanks for your reply. Fortunately, I have heard the message loud and clear to never pay an upfront fee. That said, are there any resale companies that actually manage to sell your timeshare? Any recommendations?

Unless you own at a high brand resort or a summer/winter ocean/gulf front resort or a popular ski resort in winter, or a popular holiday resort or a Disney resort etc., then to be honest I doubt that your timeshare is worth much or anything on the resale market.

If you merely want out of paying ever increasing yearly maintenance fees then you may offer to give it away in Redweek's Bargain Basement.

R P.
Mar 10, 2014

jayjay wrote:
jordanv6 wrote:

What difference does it make that they may have different companies ..... they are honest on their webpage that the do not charge upfront fees, but are paid via commission after the sale .... the main thing is that they do not charge upfront fees.

Quoted from their webpage:

"We are a Licensed Real Estate Brokerage since 1984. Of those years, 21 of them are with RE/MAX.

No Advance fees. We are a commission-based brokerage. We LIST, SELL, and RENT Timeshare.

We are a member of the TSX Multiple Listing Service, which is exclusively for timeshare. When you list with us, we promote your property to all the licensed Real Estate Agents that specialize in Reselling and Renting Timeshare".

Because in the timeshare resale world it's not a good sign when people own companies, but change the names constantly. This is a red flag. However, like I said before, I didn't find evidence of fraudulent activity or really many complaints at all. At no point did I say they were a bad company or bad people.

J V.
May 17, 2017

Could you provide the link to their website here please? I'm interested in a timeshare resale listed on Redweek and they're the ones listed to use to move forward. I'm reluctant to do so based on what I'm reading here. If yo can provide any information so that I may contact them I would appreciate it.

Dee

Diane C.
May 17, 2017

Diane -

You can send the posting number you are inquiring about to support@redweek.com, or click on this link to Contact Us. We can let you know how long they have been RedWeek members and if we have any complaints on their account.

Phylllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
May 17, 2017

Thanks. We decided against this purchase.

Dee

Diane C.
Jun 13, 2017

Hi Everyone!

We have a beautiful timeshare in Hawaii and need to sell it. We just can't afford the payments right now. Can anyone advise me on a good company to contact to help us sell it? Thank you!

Cindy K.
Jun 13, 2017

cindyk315 wrote:
We have a beautiful timeshare in Hawaii and need to sell it. We just can't afford the payments right now. Can anyone advise me on a good company to contact to help us sell it? Thank you!

You mention "payments". If your reference to "payments" means that you still have an outstanding loan balance on the timeshare, be advised that the timeshare is not yet even actually yours to sell at all --- until / unless the associated loan is first satisfied. No one is going to take over your (or anyone else's) loan obligations; that ain't gonna happen.

If, on the other hand, your reference to "payments" instead actually refers only to maintenance fees on a PAID UP timeshare ownership, I would recommend that you to go to Timeshare Users Group (http://www.tug2.net), register there as a guest (it's free to do so) and post your question (no "advertising") within the Hawaii-specific discussion forum there. You'll want to specifically identify the property or company involved, since there are brokers who "specialize" in specific brands (Marriott, Hilton, etc.). TUG has 81,000 members and it's the most knowledgeable collection of timeshare people on Planet Earth. You'll reach a much broader and better informed and more experienced "audience" there than will ever see your post here, buried deep within a thread about a brokerage in Florida.

In any event, use a broker who is actually BASED in Hawaii (not someone in in Colorado, Florida, or Missouri). Hawaii savvy brokers know the intricacies and oddities of transfer details and fees in Hawaii, current market values, potential prospects, etc. Good luck!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 16, 2017 06:50 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.