Timeshare Companies

Marion Griffin, Thomas Verner are scammers

Aug 04, 2013

If you read my reply I asked that anyone that was not paid back by paypal to contact me. Why have you not contacted me like James did rather than to carry on posting again and again. As soon as I knew he had not been reimbursed I did something about that immediately. He posted this on this site so you are aware that is my intent now I am aware of the situation. You make me out to be this gigantic scam artist, yet there are a small handful of claims, just the same people posting over and over. Of which some of them received their money back when my accounts were comprised and the reason for this happening yet still continue to post. In addition to that it has been proved there are also fictitious claims being made. The Orange County Sheriffs Department advised me that before paying out anyone else I need to see proof of their claim. If you can send your information to me privately on m.marion22@yahoo.com as I requested in my previous replies showing the payment you made I am happy to work with you to get you reimbursed. There are a number of fictitious claims taking place made by con artists, the Sheriff is also aware of that too.

As far as the $50,000 I am not sure where this came from as from the bookings I had made in the past I never got anywhere near that figure. If you have absolute proof of this send me it the email address I sent you rather than just stating it, so I can get with the Sheriffs Department and see who is making these false claims up and possibly catch the party(s) who had hacked into my info and used it.

If you and other parties want to claim that is untrue to make you aware since Mr. con man from New York (who I have a text message which the Sheriffs have seen asking me pay him $500 in cash to protect me to assure me that none of you will ever bother me again!!) I now have had another attempt to get into my pal account. Whether this was him, or the original people who used identity theft on me and the party that logged into my account transferring money into her own private account I am not sure. But pay pal have already been contacted and I have forwarded the email below to them and they are looking into who was involved. For whichever ones of you who are probably reading this are responsible for this too the Orange County Sheriffs Department will also be getting a copy of this. ........................................................................................... Sent: Friday, August 2, 2013 10:56 PM Subject: Case ID Number PP-001-544-XXX

On August 03, 2013, We recently have determined that different computers have logged in your PayPal account.

And multiple password failures were present before the logo's. We now need you to re-confirm your account information to us. If this is not completed by ,10, 08, 2013, we will be forced to suspend your account indefinitely.

Case ID Number : PP-001-544-XXX

To restore your account,

Please download the attached form to verify your Profile information and restore your account access.

Make sure you enter the information accurately, and according to the formats required. Fill in all the required fields.

It's usually pretty easy to take care of things like this. Most of the time, we just need a little more information about your account or latest transactions.

To help us with this and to see what you can and can't do with your account until the issue is resolved, log in to your account and go to the Resolution Center.

Yours sincerely, PayPal

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Help Center: https://www.paypal.com/eg/cgi-bin/helpweb?cmd=_help Security Center: https://www.paypal.com/eg/security

Marion M.
Aug 04, 2013

As you can see just from the content which catches itself out this was an attempt to defraud me once more.

Marion M.
Aug 04, 2013

Hi Max or Pablo Escobar Jnr

No you did not get your money back, because I did not owe you anything. And your associates the Rivera's did not get the additional $2200 they were trying to bribe me with their threats and lies either. The Sheriff have seen both your text messages and hers and heard your calls and messages they have also seen all my legitimate legal papers and proof. I know you said you were a con man and spent six months in jail last year. But extortion is a criminal matter. Using an officers name to claim he made statements that are untrue too does not sit well with them either. One thing you overlooked is that I am not a con man otherwise I would have opted for your offer of protection and false identities for the $500 rather than the few thousand dollars of genuine people who really did get their money back. See you did do me one big favor. I was not aware of this site or the contents. I was of the opinion that everyone had been paid back when my accounts were compromised. I am a decent person and I am now able to find out who was not settled and do something about it, as it is not their fault that they became victims of what happened to me. It also will help track down the fictitious claims out there like the one you just posted.

Marion M.

Last edited by phyl21 on Aug 04, 2013 03:19 PM

Aug 04, 2013

Marion- what do you have to say about all the people that mentioned you on tugbbs.com. What excuses do you have for taking their money.

Keep posting because it is giving us all more evidence against you.

Julie A.
Aug 04, 2013

Once again when I made my first post of reply, I asked you, along with any other party to contact me directly if they did not get reimbursed. That was yesterday morning and not one person so far has tried to contact me that was involved in the Holiday rentals. You all clearly saw that as soon as James made me aware he was settled straight away. So it is obvious my intent now I am aware of the situation to make sure any genuine person, that is not part of the fictitious reports gets reimbursed. If someone owed me money and asked me contact them openly so I could get it back I would ensure I did if I had an honest claim. Everyone has appeared eager to claim I owe them money yet no-one is eager enough to contact me to get reimbursed.

In your particular situation earlier today I openly asked you to send me an email, as I was advised by the Sheriffs Dept before paying anyone else they need to show proof of the claim as they also aware of the people that are making false claims. This was now several hours ago. As of now you have not sent me a thing yet you have the time to post on here still complaining on this site that you did not get your money when I have given you the opportunity to have it back.

I am glad you are making notes on this site of what I am saying because the authorities can go back to paypal and see my account was compromised and that person knows who they are which started the whole mess off. It also means people are actually reading what has happened. They can also see from the paypal email I received today which I posted that once again person or person(s) are trying to get into my account and cause problems yet again within 24 hours of having my personal information, that quick.

If I was the con person and scammer I am made out to be, do you think that when Mr Max or Paublo or whoever Mr. self professed con man from New York really is, offered me $500 to stop people bothering me and protect me from anyone coming after me, and wanted to provide me with a different identity together with ID's to go with it (which is documented and the Sheriff has seen this) that I would not of jumped all over it. $500 is less money than what I had paid James to be reimbursed. Would I ask anyone that is still owed money to contact me directly and give them my email address. In fact I am glad that he did contact me and you people, because now I am aware of the facts that there are some people who were not settled it gives me the opportunity to put that right

Once again, if you, or anyone else, has proof of a claim that did not get reimbursed, please contact me as I have asked so I can get them settled.

Marion M.
Aug 04, 2013

As far as people on the other website I have just looked at that for the first time. there is only one legitimate person named Don whose name appears that actually has an actual real claim. As far as I was aware I had sent him his refund. I never heard from him again so assumed he had received it. He puts in his post he never bothered to re contact me. If you don't contact me how do I know you have not got it!! If anyone has his information, please, ask him to contact me directly. With all the other items he posted, he did not mention that he asked me for a specific time period, then changed it which once a certificate is used for a certain week cannot be changed. Yet I still sent his refund back.

The rest is you Julie adding posts on it who I continue to ask to contact me with proof of your claim so your claim can be settled and Margaret who has already got her money yet still writes on encouraging other people that I have had no business with to add their comments unaware of the real circumstances.

There is another that got his money back not because he wrote a nasty letter, but because he was part of the people that paypal reimbursed after my account was compromised.

Marion M.
Aug 05, 2013

The ONLY reason I was able to get my money back is because my credit card company considered both the deposit and the final payment to be one transaction since they were both paid by the same credit card even though the deposit was outside of the normal limits of dispute. I did receive one email from you stating that there was a problem with your PayPal account but never got anything further from you. My sister, who also paid for a timeshare rental from you, also received her money back. If I had not paid by credit card through Paypal, I would not have gotten my money back.

If you truly had problems, then I am sorry, however, based on my experience with you, I doubt it and still feel you scammed people. I called the Marriott and the timeshare company trying to make sure my rental was legitimate, all to no avail. If someone had hacked my accounts and I kept getting emails from someone I had legitimely rented a timeshare to, I would definitely have called them to let them know about the situation. You certainly had all of my email addresses and phone numbers to contact me. We never heard from you once you got our money.

Margaret

Margaret B.
Aug 06, 2013

Margaret, first of all I am sincerely sorry for what happened to you and anyone that caught up in this nasty mess. I am glad that you posted this message. Even you mention in here that I had advised you there was a problem with paypal, so it is not a story I am making up off the cuff now. You even show that your Sister was reimbursed, giving further validity to the fact that people were reimbursed. Your transaction, irrespective of whether you used your card or not, as you said was through paypal who were instructed to pay everyone back, that had actually paid into the account as they were aware of what had happened and the other circumstances at that point.

You can clearly see that once again party or parties have tried to get into the new paypal account as soon as they saw money transactions taking place, which I am making to anyone that did not get refunded. So this is not so unusual as perceived by people who choose not to believe this can happen.

I was always taught not to Judge other people unless I have the chance to walk in their shoes. Once a paypal account has been compromised, it is frozen, nothing can come in or out In addition to that cards and bank accounts linked to this, as such are also affected causing the knock on effects that happened together with email addresses being exposed and used by third parties to cause as much problems as possible. With the other factors going on I was put in an impossible situation.

As you can see, as soon as I was made aware that not everyone got refunded I took action immediately. I also posted on here, a number of times for anyone that did not get settled to contact me. That is not a scammer, that is someone that is openly genuinely trying to put right a bad situation instigated by third parties that affected these people and being aware it was not their fault they were caught up in it, an honest and open attempt by me to ensure they get settled.

You must also remember, and the Sheriffs Dept. has seen proof of this that there are also fictitious claims being made which is making people like yourself, who I feel is genuinely concerned for others, to feel there are more claims and people I have done wrong to out there than what is actually realistic true. This is why I was instructed by them to ask for proof of the claim from people.

To date it is now four days later and not one person has contacted me to get reimbursed for any vacation they paid for and was not settled when it is evident from James that if they did, they would get taken care of.

Please, if anyone did not get settled you now have my information, contact me

Marion M.
Sep 29, 2013

hi

Geraldine M.

Last edited by geraldinem49 on Oct 10, 2013 12:54 AM

Nov 17, 2013

Marion i didnt like the tone in which you came at me after some outstanding people i care for got swindled by you. Im sorry to say if you assume im Pablo Escobar jr i can assure i am not. But as the Knick J.R. Smith mentioned my "street homies" didnt appreciate how u cheated, made a mockery of and made cared ones suffer because of your greed. Never take from those whom you believe are inferrior in knowledge because you will find that con who takes pics of ur car plates and gets ur house info. you will be hearing from associates of mine soon. in the mean time hope yall got yall bread back if not i will be more than happy to be persuasive. Mr Portland see you for lunch still dont forget lol

Maximo F.

Last edited by phyl21 on Nov 17, 2013 05:05 PM

Nov 17, 2013

I am one of the people that were scammed by Marion. We talked and emailed back and forth for quite some time. When it came time for her to pay me, she sent two checks, however, neither one were good. There was supposed to be a third payment, however, I never received that or the second one. To this day, I still have copies of the checks with one that was returned to my bank due to insufficient funds. I did attempt to contact Marion at the email address she provided above, to no avail. She totally had us hooked by telling us an elaborate story of how she was sick, then had cancer. I felt so bad for her and her ordeal with cancer, which, I can now see was not true. Her daughter, Kelly Price, also conversed with us, adding to her story. In the end, we are no only out our money, but our trust in people as well. I don't expect Marion will ever make good on her promises, or that we will see any of the money she owes us. I do, however, hope this site prevents others from being duped as well. Marion is a smooth talker and has a knack of getting people to believe her. She acts on your sympathy and gains trust. Please, people beware!

Kim H.

Last edited by kimh424 on Nov 17, 2013 09:24 AM

Nov 17, 2013

Marion, you never made good on your promises to me and to date, I have not seen the money you owe me. I sent emails to the account you list - to no avail. Please do not post that you are willing to pay people back if they have proof when you have no intention of doing so. I still have the checks you wrote to me along with the note from Kelly. The checks bounced and we didn't receive the third payment. Please just be up front and tell people the truth, that you have no intention of making good on your promises.

Kim H.
Nov 17, 2013

Marion - I'm still waiting for you to send us the money you owe us. I've sent you numerous emails over the years as well as sent both you and your daughter, Kelly Price messages through facebook. You have not bothered to contact us since you took our money. Please, if you have any intention of being true to your word, pay us what you owe. Then, I would be happy to say that you definitely are true to your word, until then...howevever, I can say that you are not.

Kim H.
Jan 21, 2014

It has been some time since I have looked on this as not one person other than you Kim has contacted me .... the only reason for being on this is that a family member had mentioned it. I have not heard anything from you at all since your original email despite my many many attempts to get a response from you. After people like the idiot above got involved the Sheriffs Department saw copies of the messages etc. where it was obvious that the New York Con man and friends were trying to extort money out of me. They instructed me not to send out any money to anyone unless they can show me a valid claim.

Kim... Here are several of the 17 emails I sent to you. There is a proven record which completely contradicts your comments that I have not responded to you. If anyone wants me to forward them all of them I would be happy to do so. I have copies of every single one of them and so has my attorney. Each one asking you for the information, so I have not been hiding, not been trying to avoid you, quite on the contrary I sent endless emails on a daily basis to get a response from you. If you cared to have replied to one of them and been able to supply me with a valid claim and information of what the transaction was this would have been settled rather than writing on this website. As far as the cancer comment as I know you had family member going through this too at the time, I find it very sad that you would make such a a nasty comment. There are medical and hospital records to prove this and it was when I was fighting this that third parties took advantage of my situation.

I have now asked you 17 times to give me your address, and copy of the transaction that took place. If I do not have this how can I possibly settle this. If you also remember, you were advised that my paypal and accounts had been compromised, and I was party to Identity Theft which proof has been provided for this. I have openly said this many times so there is nothing to hide so quite confused as to why you are writing over and over again on this, rather than actually responding to the emails if your actual intention is to be reimbursed, If you would write to me on the email address below on which you had originally sent an email to me and from which you have received all the emails below plus many more giving your address, as I have asked multi times along with details of the transaction as I was instructed to ask for, this could have been settled back when I first asked you. Because of people making false claims I now keep every email received and sent I have just shown a third party copies of all the emails I sent to you. I am going to forward them all again to you now, so perhaps this will jog your memory that contrary to your comments of me not being to my word, whatever valid claim is outstanding can be dealt with. All I need from you is your address, plus details of the transaction.. I know that you had put a figure on this website. but both you and I know that was not what you had sent to me. Here are come of the replies I sent to you...

Me ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Marion V. <m.marion22@yahoo.com> To: Kim Hisel <kim-hisel@charter.net> Sent: Friday, August 9, 2013 6:04 AM Subject: Re: Hi Kim, I hope you are OK. I st Aug 12, 2013 Me Good morning Kim, Can you please let have your information so I can get you reimbursed as soon as possible. It has been a week since I first heard from you, you are the only one that has replied and I Aug 13, 2013 Me Good morning Kim I have now sent you over a dozen emails. Please provide me with your information so I can get you reimbursed. I do not have any of your information and really want to ensure you get s Aug 14, 2013 Me Good morning Kim I have now written to you constantly since I got your email on the 7th. I am sure, as you said you are struggling, I really want to ensure you get reimbursed and it would help you too Aug 15, 2013 Me Hi Kim, It has been a few weeks now since your first email. Please send me your information so I can get you reimbursed. I really want to ensure you get this. Thank you Marion Aug 17, 2013 Me Hi Kimj, Please send your information, as soon as you do I can get you refunded. I need your address I do not have any of the information. Thank you Marion Aug 20, 2013 Me Hi Kim, I got a phone message from you thank you so much. Unfortunately it was from unknown caller and ell blocks unknown callers but my landline does not but I had listened to the voicemail and I got Aug 24, 2013 Me To Kim Hisel Sep 3, 2013 Kim please give me your phone number or address I have money for you and want to make sure this is you emailing me and not that scam guy rom New York. Thank you Marion

Marion V.
Jan 21, 2014

Marion, I have been trying to reach you all day. Evidently you have time to post on this website but not time to return my calls.

Julie

Julie N.
Jan 22, 2014

Marion - While I appreciate your posting of information I never received ANY of the emails you post. You should still have my address as you sent some checks that were written on a closed account. I, too, have many of our correspondence, however, none were from recently. Once the checks bounced, I don't believe there has been any further contact. I even tried calling the telephone number you gave us. If you would like to make your word good by paying the money you owe us that would be wonderful. I would then be happy to post that you are true to your word. Until that time, however, I will say that everything I wrote is fact and I am still out my money.

Kim H.
Jan 22, 2014

Marion - I just sent you an email on the address you listed. One way to know it is truly me writing is when we first looked at our timeshare, you had on a black jacket. The day was cold and rainy. You gave me a "crumpet" to snack on. Does this ring a bell?

Kim H.
Jan 22, 2014

I still have the checks that you wrote. One of them I cashed and then had to reimburse my bank for them. I also have the original envelope and note that was included. I would be happy to provide anyone a copy of these. If anyone would like to see them, please let me know. I don't know if I can figure out how to post them to this site, but would send them in the mail. Please, don't lie and say that I won't provide you the information you requested. It is definitely the other way around. I really do feel sorry for you. It must be hard to live with the fact that you have hurt so many people. At least I can sleep at night knowing I am truthful and honest.

Kim H.
Jan 23, 2014

Marion - I sent an email to you at the address you listed in your post. In checking my email account just now, there is no response from you. Please, if you have any intention of paying the money that you owe me, please respond.

I really don't believe I will ever receive back what you took from us, but I was hopeful I was wrong. To keep posting on a site that you have every intention on making good on your promises and then totally ignoring people when they give you the chance that you ask for just goes to show the type of character you have. Please do the right thing.

Kim H.
Mar 02, 2014

Marion Verner phoned us here in the UK asking if we would like to have our house in Clermont Fla rented out. We are being "repossessed" and she explained that the bank would look favourably on us if the house was kept in good order. As the house was empty and the pool in a horrible state we accepted her offer to clean it up and let it out for us. We were to get $700.00 a month it worked out at aprox £430.00. We actually received 3 payments......... but have not heard from her since the middle of 2013. How do we find out if there is still people living in our house......and is she still collecting rent from them??

Jean S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.