Point Systems

Festiva Points

Sep 15, 2010

I was recently given an opportunity to convert my Festiva timeshare, The Cabins at Green Mountain in Branson, to Festiva's new point system. I was intrigued as it cost less than Diamond Resorts conversion. I own there too and converted to points. I like the flexibility but feel maintenance charges are too high. Festiva was more reasonable on maintenance fees also. I passed it up this time, but have not shut the door on Festiva's conversion. Is there anyone out there that has converted in Festiva, and can let me know how you like it, and was it worth it? Thanks a bunch.

Michael L.
Sep 27, 2010

I just converted to points with Festiva last week. I will let you know after I have rented some of my points how it goes.

Bevery H.
Jul 31, 2011

We converted last year to points. Of course it cost more money but it gave us access to more Wyndham locations plus we get a yearly bonus card good for a certain week at each location. Unfortunately the designated weeks available are for the lousiest times but we reserve that week and deposit it on Redweek which opens up various weeks all year through them. This has worked well for us so far.

Richard M.
Aug 02, 2011

richardm467 wrote:
We converted last year to points. .....it gave us access to more Wyndham locations..... we reserve that week and deposit it on Redweek...
1. I'm confused. As a (former, as of very recently ) Wyndham owner, I am entirely unclear on how converting to Festiva points could or would possibly give you "access to more Wyndham locations". Wyndham and Festiva have absolutely NO relationship or connection AT ALL to (or with) one another, and never did.

2. "Deposit it on RedWeek" is of course no longer even an option anyhow. The RedWeek exchange program is defunct, although it had been "run behind the scenes" by DAE (Dial an Exchange). DAE was already its' own independent exchange company before having any association with Redweek -- and still is now, even though the RedWeek exchange program is gone.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 02, 2011 06:09 PM

Aug 02, 2011

Sorry: I meant Festiva points and locations. Alsoit used to be Redweek - now it's DAE.

Richard M.

Last edited by richardm467 on Aug 02, 2011 10:16 AM

Jan 23, 2012

I am using the Redweek.com website to access this forum. If it is defunct why is the website still active? I have Festiva Adventure Club points to sell, but haven't posted them yet as I am still not quite sure how it works.

Ellen W.
Dec 27, 2012

have you rented your points yet?

Pls email me at fastpitchdad30@yahoo.com

thank you, Wayne

Wayne A.
Dec 28, 2012

Go here to list an ad to sell your points (copy and paste url):

http://www.redweek.com/account/add-posting?type=points

R P.
Mar 14, 2013

We love our Festiva points. We have enough that we also get the loyalty program (relaxing retreats card) each year and bank the crappy week with Interval. I have exchanged into some wonderful places with those and feel it is a great value.

We have 11000 points (even years) and can reliably book several great vacations off of that. We usually do one with points(booked well in advance) two with the relaxing retreats card (also in advance) and 2-3 with points booked within 30 days.

Stephanie M.
Apr 12, 2013

I actually just started a topic like this one and then I read the 'search before you post' post at the top. Whoops. Newbie mistake.

Anyway, I've had Festiva points system for 3 years and each year I've been able to book at least one decent vacation. None of the years I've gotten my first choice but it's always top three. We, my husband and I, do plan the vacation 6 month in advance though.

I wish we would have researched a little before signing up because I'm starting to find a whole bunch of online complaints about the point system (as well as some other vacation goer complaints).

I'm a little worried but I'm hoping that I'm one of the people that gets to have a good experience with Festiva.

Debbie T.
Aug 14, 2013

I am new to this Forum but I am trying to find the value (if any) of my 3500 points per year and if anyone has sold them thru redweek Thank you John

John M.
Jul 26, 2014

Hi! I have a few questions re- the FAC as we were offered to consolidate our 4 deeded weeks and I need help to decide whether to go through with it or not. Can I send you a private message? Thank you in advance.

Wilma C.
Jul 26, 2014

I don't think this forum has a pm function. You can go to tugbbs.com and ask your questions and send and receive pm's.

The advice will be to rescind while you have the chance. .

Tracey S.
Jul 18, 2015

I have owned with Festiva for over 3 years and own with alot of other points clubs and they are at the bottom of the list. The best is Wyndham. If I have trouble with Wyndham, I can email the executives and they are quick to fix the problem. Festiva is not that way at all. The executives do not want to be bothered with the problems. The website does not work correctly and the discounts are not available when they are suppose to be. Everytime I have a problem with things working incorrectly, they mess with my account and then I cannot book anything at all until they decide to fix it which can be weeks. Most of the resorts are good and I enjoy staying there, but dealing with member services is not very pleasant and it is impossible to not have to call them. If you use points protection and cancel a reservation, the system will not give your points back, so unless you call them you cannot get your points back. They only stay open until 6pm Monday-Thursday and until 5pm on Friday, so calling them is definitely a burden for me since I work until 5:30 to 6 each day. They are open on Saturday until 5, so that is when I have to find time to call.

In contrast, Wyndham is open until 8pm and their website works greats. I rarely need to call then but when I do, if they do not help, I can ask for a supervisor and generally do get the problem resolved immediately. Their resorts are always awesome and they do take care of their customers professionally. I was actually told that everyone at Festiva had talked to me, and knew my account. Let me tell you that I only call when the website is not working properly or they do not send my guest names to the resort which happens most of the time. I have to always call the resort and make sure they got the guest name if I send a friend or guest. Recently, they told me a room was oceanview and when I called the resort, they said the room was poolview, so be very careful about booking with them and double check with the resort before you count on anything.

I wish there was an Festiva exchange group like Bluegreen has. It is very helpful to learn about what is going on with Festiva.

Snowflake

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.