Mar 15, 2011

Has anyone heard of Sumday Vacations ? We made a mistake of going to a timeshare resale office and wanted to see if they want to buy our timeshare ! we came up later BUYING their timeshare ( you know how it works .. kind of forced buying , sign here , sign there ... ) and The Sumday Vacations , not the same people who sold us their timeshare , will take our timeshare in exchange ! well now I have to give my timeshare to Sumday Vacations and have to pay transfer fees .

So before I lose more money , I'd like to hear if anyone has had bad experience with them . I have not send in my timeshare yet . I wonder why there are 2 differents companies !

Thanks to all

Vien L.
Mar 15, 2011

deleted by choice...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 27, 2016 06:17 PM

Mar 16, 2011

Thank you for your warning ! I'd like very much running away from them But when I bought the timeshare from Coastal Timshare Creations, I signed paper to trade in my timeshare to Sumday Vacations and i signed things that I did not read carefully . You know it always go so fast and you don't take time to read , I know it is my fault ! Well , now is there any way not to give them my timeshare ? I don't know why they are 2 differents companies ?

Vien L.
Mar 16, 2011

deleted by choice...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 27, 2016 06:20 PM

Jun 19, 2011

How has this worked out for you? Did they sell your timeshare?

Panthea C.
Jun 19, 2011

Ken, Please tell me what some of the other names associated with Sumday Vacations are. Thanks!

Panthea C.
Jul 01, 2011

Yes. I purchased a timeshare from them via eBay. Their closing and transfers fees are the lowest in the resale business. I would buy from them again via eBay NOT directly. You can get a better deal on eBay.

Michelle
Jul 01, 2011

I went away for a few months and Sumdays asked me to sign the trade in before a notary and I had no time before leavingso this matter is not settled yet. Another point : I'll have to PAY the transfer fee to their name !! So I'll lose again !

Vien L.
Jul 01, 2011

I think they make money also on transfer fees because the amount they asked me to pay is way over the amount the timeshare company requires to transfer the title !

Vien L.
Jul 06, 2011

vienl wrote:
I think they make money also on transfer fees because the amount they asked me to pay is way over the amount the timeshare company requires to transfer the title !
Closing company fees specifically cover the preparation and recording of a new deed in new owner name(s) and notification to the resort of the change in ownership. Closing company fees should not cost more than $300.

"Transfer fee", on the other hand, refers very specifically to the fee which is charged directly by (some, not all) RESORTS to internally process the change in ownership in their owner / billing records. It's a gratuitous, greedy and completely unnecessary charge imposed for merely changing the name and address of the person to receive all future maintenance fee bills. Some resorts charge NO transfer fee at all (...and none EVER should, but they do it because they CAN). Many resorts charge $75-100 for a "transfer fee". Wyndham now imposes a $299 transfer fee to process ownership changes. Legacy Vacation Club (the new name for bankrupt and "reinvented" Celebrity Resorts) charges $200. Any such "transfer fee" is always completely separate from (and entirely unrelated to) those fees charged by a closing company for the preparation and recording of a new deed. The closing company has nothing to do with imposing "transfer fees" (although they MAY collect and pay them to the resort at buyer or seller request --- with additional funds from the buyer or seller ) . A "transfer fee", if imposed at all, is EXCLUSIVELY a RESORT - imposed charge.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 06, 2011 07:49 AM

Nov 29, 2012

Sumday Vacations, Kimberling City, MO is charging me $1,950 for transfer fee ! I run, run, run ! Sum-crooks.

Cornelio K.
Feb 04, 2013

Hello to all in this string, My name is Jeff Brown and I am the owner of Sumday Vacations. I would like to clear up a few things for you so that you might understand Sumday Vacations relationship with other companies more fully.

Here are the totally untrue things found throughout your posts: 1. Sumday is not a Post Card Company 2. Sumday has never used Resort Closings 3. Sumday has never employed a man named John Kushman 4. Sumday only blocks ebay bidders who do not pay for their purchases. 5. Sumday Vacations is not owned, controlled or managed by another company.

So, let me explain what Sumday is and does. Sumday is a timeshare transfer company who is contracted to conduct transfers for about 100 travel & timeshare companies throughout the US, Mexico and Europe.

To use this string as an example the client purchased something from Coastal and traded in their timeshare as part of that purchase. Coastal has the right to keep the timeshare in their inventory or they may elect to pass that unit to Sumday Vacations.

If it is passed to Sumday we find a new owner, transfer the title with the county recorder, and notify the resort of the ownership change. There are many fees involved when transferring a timeshare, here are the most common:

1. Recording fees ($30-140) 2. Title search ($50-75) 3. Title insurance ($100-115) 4. Document preparation ($30-70) 5. Attorney review ($50-150) 6. Transfer taxes ($3-75)

Then we have to notify the resort and the resort's have started charging for their owners to transfer to another party. In my honest opinion, this is a total scam by the resorts. I guarantee you that when you bought your timeshare they told you that you could rent, loan, sell or will your timeshare to whomever you choose. They did not tell you that you would have to pay a huge fee at the time you decided to sell it. This fee has become a source of revenue for the resorts.

In this string, Wyndham's fees of $299 are quoted but they are middle of the line, some of the higher fees are Spinnaker at $125 in transfer fees but they also require $750 in prepaid maint. fees for a biennial property or $1500 for an annual, the property will not transfer without those fees being paid upfront. Manhattan Club at $1000, Mayan properties at 10% of the original purchase price, there is even a small resort in Hot Springs, AR that requires $3500 to change the name of the owner in their computer, etc. etc. etc.

So, huge fees are possible in a timeshare transfer, I believe that you should weigh that cost against how you use your timeshare. For instance, a person who has all their weeks in the bank, hasn't used their timeshare in years, etc. pays $700 in maintenance fees and $140 to RCI is saving $840 per year by getting rid of their ownership. But, that same person if they use the timeshare to it's full capability should keep the property and use it for their enjoyment. Timeshares have never been an investment property and those people who believe they are have simply been lying to themselves.

I will gladly work with you if you have questions about our company, you can use a blog all you want to but chances are your not getting fully correct information. Email me directly at jeffbrown@sumdayvacations.com should you need any assistance.

Jeff B.

Last edited by jeffb647 on Feb 04, 2013 02:12 PM

Feb 05, 2013

corneliok wrote:
Sumday Vacations, Kimberling City, MO is charging me $1,950 for transfer fee ! I run, run, run ! Sum-crooks.

The owner above states the alleged reason for his high closing fees when closing fees at http://timeshareresaleclosings.com/fees.html and www.timesharetransfer.com and many other closing services are only a few hundred dollars.

R P.
Jan 09, 2015

Interesting comments! I loveeeee sumday vacations. I have been doing business with them for about 8 years! Bought many timeshares from them. Never had a problem. They have the best prices, service and ethics! Great company to buy from!

Len B.
Jan 10, 2015

I've used Sumday to buy more than one timeshare. Even if the other was a shill. I am not. No complaints and no problems with the Sumday purchases either off ebay or their website.

Using any resale, "donation", "trade in", or disposal company has its own risks and expenses. Unfortunately it is unrealistic these days that you can get rid of your unwanted timeshare with the help of another company for low costs without any potential problems. You even risk paying high fees and then still being stuck as the owner of record.

Tracey S.
Mar 11, 2016

My mother-in-law responded to a solicitation from Sumday or one of their related companies. (I think they use multiple companies so they can say "Oh, we did what we needed to do, that's being handled by XYZ now, you'll have to deal with them" and wash their hands of any responsibility.) When she talked with the people from Sumday, she was told she wouldn't have to pay anything at the presentation. We went to their presentation at a local hotel which was attended by other timeshare owners. It was a high pressure pitch and she paid thousands of dollars for Sumday to take her timeshare from her. THAT WAS ALMOST TWO YEARS AGO AND THEY STILL HAVEN'T TRANSFERRED HER TIMESHARE!!!! It's always "one more document" or "just a few weeks". I've been in real estate for 20 years and I can think of no legitimate reason why this can't be wrapped up in 60 days. She and the resort where she has the timeshare have both promptly responded to every request. When my mother-in-law said she was told that she wouldn't have to pay anything at the seminar, the people at the presentation said there must have been a "misunderstanding". I think that it's just part of the way they operate.

Here's the way the presentations work:

The people putting on the presentation will be very polite and friendly in a Eddie Haskell sort of way. They will make a presentation that may leave you thinking that you will never be able to sell your timeshare. If you abandon the timeshare and stop making payments, the result will be financial ruin for you and your heirs. But wait! There is hope, the wonderful, compassionate people at Sumday Vacations (or related entity working out of the same office) will free you from your timeshare if you would be so kind to give them thousands of dollars, right then. Sorry, tomorrow doesn't work, it's got to be right now. (Making you decide and pay right then is a classic scam artist trick.) Not saying that that is what these guys are, but it IS one of the tricks of the scam artist. (If it walks like a duck....)

They initially started out quoting something like $6,000 (sorry if my memory isn't accurate, but it was two years ago), but when you start talking with your individual salesperson, they will give you all sorts of discounts, senior citizen discount, veterans discounts, hardship discounts, etc, etc. Another ploy of the scam artist is to quote some outrageous price and then offer a discount, so you think "What luck!!, I'm getting this for XX% less than everyone else is". Another thing they did was once the salespeople were talking with the individuals, they put on the radio. Why? Maybe one reason was that people couldn't hear what the price people a few feet away were paying. Another was, once my mother-in-law signed all the paperwork and give them her credit card #, they walked us out to our car. Hmm, maybe they didn't want us talking to the other people to see how much they paid? So, Jeff Brown, when can my mother-in-law expect to be rid of her timeshare? Maybe when the people at the Better Business Bureau contact you, you can tell them too. I think the State of Missouri Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division may be interested in this as well. I'm just getting started.

If anyone does go to one of these presentations (and I highly advise against it) exchange contact info with other people attending the presentation. The people putting this on, may try to prevent you from doing so, but the more they fight, the more reason you should be concerned.

Hank S.
Mar 11, 2016

I have bought about 10 timeshares from sumday vacations. Only resale company I will ever work with! Have never sold to them, only bought from them. Better than eBay or any other timeshare experience I have had,

Len B.
Mar 11, 2016

Me too, great company!

Len B.
Mar 12, 2016

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they will get you out of your timeshare.

Don P.
Mar 14, 2016

hanks40 wrote:
My mother-in-law responded to a solicitation from Sumday or one of their related companies.

Here's the way the presentations work:

So, Jeff Brown, when can my mother-in-law expect to be rid of her timeshare?

Quote #1 response Sumday Vacations is a stand alone company, we do not have any other related companies. What you've described in your narrative sounds like a sales presentation put on by whomever? There is no way I would know as you give no details as to location or the name of the company that coaxed you into that presentation. Whomever that was, obviously uses Sumday Vacations as the company to transfer the title of the timeshare your mother-in-law wanted to be rid of.

Quote #2 response Sumday Vacations does not hold presentations, we do not make solicitations of any kind, thus you have to be referring to another company. Let me say this part again, we are not linked, tied to or a portion of any other entity that conducts presentations.

Quote#3 response I would really like to be able to answer that question for you and see what has happened so that you have closure. Please share with me the name of your mother-in-law (or the name of the person we have on file for this transaction) and the City of their address and I'll be happy to get you your answer.

Jeff B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.