Timeshare Companies

The Villa Group (Villa Del Palmar - Mexico) BEWARE

Apr 17, 2011

If asked to go to their presentation, BEWARE, they do not honor what's put on paper.

- Paid $2600.00 for one "free" week in a studio ($2600 was to be credited towards purchase of a timeshare unit) - Upgrade to 1 bedroom, $100.00 - Pick-up and delivery to airport included

Booking to this resort was to start the first of December, 2010. Due to our circumstances, we were to be able to book our stay starting February 2011.

- No answer to booking request until January - Extra cost for booking before April 2011, $245.00 - Up-grade to 1 bedroom, $ 216.00 - Must find own way to and from resort, or pay their high rates - Ended up with "ground" floor room, no view (although we were at the resort at noon, well before check-in time.) - Resort wanted $100.00 per day per person for "all inclusive". Suites had full kitchens so we declined. - A 15% gratuity charge was added to the end bill even though we tipped for "everything"

This was the most expensive vacation week we ever had or ever hope to have. Wouldn't go to a "Villa Group" resort fo any reason!!

Byron V.
Aug 23, 2011

just a few we understand the real situation or how things really happen in this and other resorts in mexico. I would like to help you with any legal information you may need, I have worked in the ts industry for many years and I may be able to provide reliable information. Samuel.

Samuel C.
Aug 24, 2011

And how much of an upfront fee do you charge for your supposed legal services ????

R P.
Mar 06, 2013

This is one of the scammers resorts. Don't trust in anyone.

Agustina H.

Last edited by phyl21 on Mar 06, 2013 08:33 PM

Mar 28, 2013

I'd be very grateful for any assistance you could give me in dealing with this type of situation. Like so may others I to have been snookered into a time share.

Brad M.
Mar 29, 2013

bradm170 wrote:
I'd be very grateful for any assistance you could give me in dealing with this type of situation. Like so may others I to have been snookered into a time share.

Have you passed your rescission period (anywhere from 3-10 days)? If not, then exercise your right of rescission and get to it immediately.

If you have passed it, then you now own it. Now that you own it, you're probably going to be getting a lot of phone calls or see a bunch of Google ads claiming they can magically get you out of your timeshare if you pay them a large fee. Don't fall for any of these!

There are ways you can make good use of your timeshare. Remember, there had to be something good about it for the salesperson to have convinced you to shell out thousands of dollars for it. I know they lie and exaggerate the facts but still, you must have seen something good in it.

If you no longer want it, make sure that all maintenance fees, taxes, assessments, and mortgages are paid off or else no one will want to take it from you --- No One!

Do not pay any entity a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare as these are all scams. Try to advertise it for sale here on RedWeek, My Resort Network, E-Bay, Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"), Bidshares, etc. Make sure you price it right.

If you see that your timeshare has practically zero resale value, then advertise through these mediums that you just want to give it away.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.