Westgate Vacation Villas

Has anyone had any luck at getting rid of their timeshare once they own it?

May 06, 2011

I am now getting threatened with foreclosure and all I want is to be rid of it. I haven't used it in years and at the time it was great. I have no use for it now. Please tell me there are others out there in my boat.

Pamela M.
Jun 08, 2011

I own there and the Smoky Mountains, and have not tried to get rid of either, however, I think it is very hard to get anything out of a timeshare-just look at e-bay, there are usually a bunch listed there for little to nothing. I have thought of getting rid of mine, but I really don't think you'd get anything much out of it so I've been very reluctant to even try. I wish you good luck and let me know how you ended up doing. Carla

Carla B.
Jan 08, 2012

Have you had any luck selling your timeshare.?I would love to sell mine but the ebay prices start at $95.

Maureen B.
Apr 20, 2012

You can talk to a charity of your choice and see if you can assign it over to them to auction it off. I think you may be able to take something off on you taxes for the value of the property at the end of the year that you donate it.

I bought mine on ebay for $100, but it is right down the street from where we live, and we can use the pool and other facilities everyday of the week. We usually exchange it for a week in Aruba. The maintenance costs are very low, so we are getting our moneys worth.

Let me know if you have any luck with it.

Nancy F.
Dec 10, 2012

How can I sell my timeshare vacation villas this is due to financial constraint. Pls. reply to me. Thanks

Nonato B.

Last edited by nonatob on Dec 10, 2012 04:26 AM

Dec 10, 2012

nonatob wrote:
How can I sell my timeshare vacation villas this is due to financial constraint. Pls. reply to me. Thanks

you could visit a resale website? I know of one right off hand that does not cost anything for listing the timeshare, they try to sell it as soon as possible and there are no upfront fees for advertising or anything!

Lauren J.
Dec 10, 2012

I got rid of mine working with Westgate. I told them that I couldn't afford or use it anymore and I wanted to transfer it back to them. I had to fill out paperwork for a quit claim deed or deed in lieu of foreclosure... I believe it cost me nothing. Below is what I sent them and then they replied...

"I would be interested in an option to be released from my timeshare Contract completely thus avoiding foreclosure proceedings. Vacation ownership is something that I no longer wish to continue. I would be willing to provide you with an address to send the Warranty Deed In Lieu of Foreclosure (WDIL)' with the understanding it would release me from all financial and contractual obligations with Westgate Resort. In other words, if Westgate would be willing to forgive the deficiency and unpaid amounts of the mortgage and maintenance and taxes, to include the late fees.

I have tried to discuss this a number of times before, however, nobody would provide me options. I would love to allow you to avoid the time, hassle and expense of a formal foreclosure, however I do NOT want to be held "on the hook" for any unpaid balances or "deficiencies" as I had tried a number of times previously to resolve this.

Please let me know soonest."

I hope this helps you out...I am now almost rid of the second one that I so foolishly purchased...but there is light at the end of this! Woohoo!

nonatob wrote:

Pamela M.
Dec 11, 2012

laurenj42 wrote:
nonatob wrote:

you could visit a resale website? I know of one right off hand that does not cost anything for listing the timeshare, they try to sell it as soon as possible and there are no upfront fees for advertising or anything!

Thanks Ms. Laurenj42 for your quick response. Can you help me with this? What is the 1st step. My email address is nonato.bello@aramco.com

Nonato B.
Jan 09, 2013

Did you know you can donate your Timeshare to Charity?

Patrick M.
Jan 22, 2013

I was very interested to read what you had to say. Who do I contact at Westgate to get rid of my timeshare. It is paid for, but I owe 2 yrs. in maintenance and taxes. Any information would be helpful. Thank you in advance. my email is hreynolds@embarqmail.com

pamelam293 wrote:
I got rid of mine working with Westgate. I told them that I couldn't afford or use it anymore and I wanted to transfer it back to them. I had to fill out paperwork for a quit claim deed or deed in lieu of foreclosure... I believe it cost me nothing. Below is what I sent them and then they replied...

"I would be interested in an option to be released from my timeshare Contract completely thus avoiding foreclosure proceedings. Vacation ownership is something that I no longer wish to continue. I would be willing to provide you with an address to send the Warranty Deed In Lieu of Foreclosure (WDIL)' with the understanding it would release me from all financial and contractual obligations with Westgate Resort. In other words, if Westgate would be willing to forgive the deficiency and unpaid amounts of the mortgage and maintenance and taxes, to include the late fees.

I have tried to discuss this a number of times before, however, nobody would provide me options. I would love to allow you to avoid the time, hassle and expense of a formal foreclosure, however I do NOT want to be held "on the hook" for any unpaid balances or "deficiencies" as I had tried a number of times previously to resolve this.

I hope this helps you out...I am now almost rid of the second one that I so foolishly purchased...but there is light at the end of this! Woohoo!

nonatob wrote:

Helen R.
Feb 04, 2013

Can you please let me know who you contacted at Westgate as I would like to contact them. My

pamelam293 I got rid of mine working with Westgate. I told them that I couldn't afford or use it anymore and I wanted to transfer it back to them. I had to fill out paperwork for a quit claim deed or deed in lieu of foreclosure... I believe it cost me nothing. Below is what I sent them and then they replied...

Dolly C.
Feb 04, 2013

I stopped making my monthly payments and after about 6 months or so they contacted me. miguel_jimenez@wgresorts.com was the person I dealt with. He provided me options...and I tried to be as polite as possible dollyc12 Can you please let me know who you contacted at Westgate as I would like to contact them. My

pamelam293 wrote:

Pamela M.
Feb 05, 2013

Thanks Pamelam293, much appreciated. Hopefully this person still works there.

pamelam293 I stopped making my monthly payments and after about 6 months or so they contacted me. miguel_jimenez@wgresorts.com was the person I dealt with. He provided me options...and I tried to be as polite as possible

dollyc12 wrote:
Can you please let me know who you contacted at Westgate as I would like to contact them. My

pamelam293 wrote:

Dolly C.
Jun 20, 2013

laurenj42 wrote:
nonatob wrote:

I would be interested in the info about the resale website with no upfront fees

Jackie T.
Jun 20, 2013

I have a timeshare at west gate villas in kississme. It is paid for! I no longer wish to be a part of this due to the difficulty of exchanging for another place and never being able to get another one with an extra bedroom for friends! How did u get them to work with u? Maybe a contact person?

Jackie T.
Jan 07, 2014

Is buying a timeshare on ebay legit? Like have u had any problems using it or getting it into your name? We are looking at buying. Thanks.

Leanne P.
Feb 12, 2014

Were you ever able to find out the name of the resale website with no upfront fees?

Paula C.
May 12, 2015

My parents had an RCI timeshare and these guys lied to them about everything imaginable. First of all after you pay them, you can never get ahold of them again. NO PHONE CALLS, NO EMAIL. Its like they dont exsist. Should have been a big red flag for them that it was a scam. They stole there time and there money. It was an absolute nightmare situation for them! I felt so bad for them and so mad that they were being taken advantage of. So luckily I found Aronson Law Group and they were wonderful. They fixes all my parents problems in a timely manner. If you are having the same nightmarish experience like they were, I highly recommend you check out www.Aaronsonlawgroup.com and get yourself out of the nightmare! Thomas V.

Thomas V.

Last edited by thomasv106 on May 30, 2015 10:38 AM

Jun 07, 2015

Hi Thomas, Did AaronLaw group charge upfront fee?

Tho T.
Jun 12, 2015

Yes they did have to pay a small fee up front but they told them it really depends on the case. Didnt want to take a credit hit over this nonsense. It was worth every penny to hand this matter over and let them deal with it so we didnt have to do anything. I really hope this helps! I hate to know there are people dealing with this nightmare too. Any further questions please let me know. Thomas

Thomas V.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 12, 2015 09:42 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.