Ask RedWeek

Tele Teton Corporation

Jun 17, 2011

Has anyone heard of this company with offices in Wyoming and Michigan?

Phillip H.
Jun 18, 2011

philliph37 wrote:
Has anyone heard of this company with offices in Wyoming and Michigan?

Again, if they ask for a large upfront fee then they're a scam.

R P.
Jun 23, 2011

yes, they contacted me the other day saying they have a buyer for my timeshare. they sound very professional and legitimate, and have sent me documents signed by the buyer, however, I've been scammed before and am very leery since they require me to send them more than a thousand dollars as my portion as seller for the title search etc. I am very uncomfortable with that.

Marilyn S.
Jun 23, 2011

marilyns225 wrote:
I've been scammed before ...

Well then learn your lesson and tell these crooks to take a hike.

Lance C.
Jun 24, 2011

marilyns225 wrote:
yes, they contacted me the other day saying they have a buyer for my timeshare. they sound very professional and legitimate, and have sent me documents signed by the buyer, however, I've been scammed before and am very leery since they require me to send them more than a thousand dollars as my portion as seller for the title search etc. I am very uncomfortable with that.

The socalled buyer will back out but the upfront fee scam company will keep your upfront fee saying they will still market it and find a buyer for you .... they don't, all they want is that upfront fee..

R P.
Jun 24, 2011

The Better Business Bureau of Eastern Michigan has them rated A- but they have been accredited only since June 10, 2011. That seems like a red flag.

Phillip H.
Jul 19, 2011

I just received the same phone call yesterday July 18 th, that this company has a buyer and now an offer to purchase my timeshares, with an upfront fee required..Can you tell me anything about your offer that was made to you.

I would appreciate your honest answer. Please reply to my email address: whincup@aol.com (Robert)

Thank you

Robert Whincup

Robert W.
Jul 20, 2011

robert2193 wrote:
this company has a buyer and now an offer to purchase my timeshares, with an upfront fee required..

This company does not, I repeat, does not have a buyer. That's just a line they use to paralyze you with excitement and stop you from thinking rationally.

The fact that you're even contemplating this "deal" when they said an upfront fee is required shows that they're successful in stopping you from thinking rationally.

Just for the record, the seller does not have to put up any money to sell. Also, many timeshares are going for pennies now and are available all over the web. There is absolutely no good reason why a middle-man would have to go phoning owners looking for timeshares for their (fictional) clients.

Do not deal with these scamming crooks. You have been warned!

Lance C.
Jul 21, 2011

I just received a call from Tele Teton. They claimed they have a buyer who wants to buy enough points to be a "Platinum status" so is buying timeshares for a certain amount per point and it was enough for me to be interested, but only after I did my due diligence which is checking them out on their website Tele Teton.net. The lady said nothing about a fee and claimed their was no up front fee...so far. They claim to just be the finance company who finances the buying of timeshares for people "spreading the risk." I am of course suspcious as all get out. So I am waiting to see if I get the call back on the buyer they allegedly have that wants to buy a million points to be a Platinum owner. When I asked how they got my name they said "off the database." I said I did not have my units for sale to which database were the referring and then I mentioned that I joined Redweek and they said that is where they got it. SOOOOO....this is not looking good and is looking like a scam. I won't be doing squat with these people unless they agree to take their title search charges out of the actual sale...and I am not holding my breath.

Jacqueline H.
Jul 21, 2011

Well Tele Teton called back and said "Yes, we have a buyer for your property at a high rate per point. All we have to do is sign up and pay the appraisal title fee of 1,995.00 bucks, and if the other party backs out they get their $1000 and we get the rest of the alleged down payment which is 20 percent. The only way we lose our $1,995 fee is if we back out after we sign the contract and they encouraged us to get a lawyer to review the contract before we sign it. (Like DUH) So we made them a counter offer. If you really have a buyer why don't you ask them to front the appraisal fee and then when we close they can deduct it from the amount you are sending from the proceeds of the sale. We will even discount the per point price because we don't have $1,995 just laying around. So they said they would ask the buyer and get back to us. Let's see if this one flies. I'd love this to death if it's the real deal, but why on earth would anyone buy our timeshare when they could get it way cheaper elsewhere???? If someone wants to pay me the money I'm willing to listen but not if I have to stick one penny out first. So if they are for real...we will see. I'll keep you posted but don't hold your breath.

Jacqueline H.
Jul 21, 2011

Oh, and we also told them that if they really wanted to check to see if our property was free and clear with RCI and paid in full all they have to do is make a 10 minute phone call to the clerk at Clark County and RCI. Not sure why a title search and attorney statement would cost $1,995 which is way out of line for a simple title search.

Jacqueline H.
Jul 22, 2011

jacquelineh53 wrote:
Oh, and we also told them that if they really wanted to check to see if our property was free and clear with RCI and paid in full all they have to do is make a 10 minute phone call to the clerk at Clark County and RCI. Not sure why a title search and attorney statement would cost $1,995 which is way out of line for a simple title search.

Actually RCI doesn't verify if timeshares are free and clear as they are merely an exchange company .... you could still owe on a loan AND deposit your timeshare as long as your maintenance fees are paid up.

R P.
Jul 26, 2011

Please..please take the time to read this..it is long but important. I believe this company is tied into another company called Redline Funding. We were contacted by Redline. We were very leary of them and asked our lawyer who said it was probably a scam. We contacted the Michigan Consumer Agency, contacted the Michigan State Attorneys office, the Michigan Better Business Bureau and the Internet Business Bureau. We could find NOTHING on them that we felt to be afraid of...A ratings and no complaints. They offer you a buyer and a contract that "looks" good. We took that to our county attorney and told him of all we had checked with and found nothing ..no complaints.. nothing. They have a "professional staff" all set up in a "office" somewhere. We DRILLED them over and over, thought we were being cautious and reponsible. Still somewhat leary, we signed with them for $2270. They take your money (first clue not to talk to them)..then they tell you it will take about 90 days and that the fee you have paid them is to do the legal work., ie, research your contract with your resort...notify them of a first right of refussel, etc. Then you wait. I called my resort today and of course they have never heard of them or been contacted by them. Our red flags that have already gone up are now flying high. Called the company and guess what? NO longer in service. The website says "due to circumstances beyond our control we are no longer in business". I called directory assistance to check on phone number. I was given three numbers, all with the same physical address under the name of "Redline Funding". Called them..one of them was TeleTeton. Imagine that!! The other is a Wyoming area code ( I know as I live in Wyoming). I called TeleTeton and talked extensively with a man. I believe there is a chance that people employed by them do not know they are working for a scam. I talked to one of them and either he is not in the know...or they are really good at their job. He also said that they have only been in business since Jan. , the same as Redline. Just long enough to take lots of money from all of us then shut down and move on. This is why I believe that Redlind Funding and TeleTeton are connected. I believe they change their name and employees. Beware. I thought that I had been pretty savvy and really checked them out. They don't have complaints or poor ratings because they aren't around long enough. We all need to go to the State Attorney General and stop this scam!

Janet P.

Last edited by janetp199 on Jul 26, 2011 05:25 PM

Jul 27, 2011

They also advertise as a member of OnLine Business Bureau which will give you a green rating once you pay the membership fee and is NOT associated with the BBB. What bothers me is they had my name, phone number and all the information about my timeshare. How did they get that?

Michael G.
Aug 13, 2011

SELLER BEWARE. I was almost scammed by these people but saved by my bank. DO NOT do business with this group. I checked with the Michigan Secretary of State Attorney General's office, Department of Consumer Protection and there are many complaints against them and their parent company Redline Funding. They sound very professional and are extremely convincing that they actually have a buyer for your timeshare. However, they can offer no proof that there is a buyer or ever will be a buyer and there is NO assurance that they could ever sell your timeshare. Don't send them money on verbal or written promises. The Better Business Bureau offers no help. You can't get through to a live person.

Lynn D.
Aug 20, 2011

I also was contacted Monday by Tele Teton Corp. and they stated they had a buyer for our timeshare. I contacted the attorney general's office of lansing, michigan and was informed that they were connected to Redline Funding and they informed me not to send them any money up front as all the title fees and other fees could be paid at closing. I also called the Wyoming attorney general's office and spoke to the lawyer for the state of Wyoming. He said they had no physical people in Wyoming, only a P. O. Box exists. How can a company work with no PHYSICAL people? I have sent them no money and don't plan on it. Thanks for the info.

Clara H.
Aug 21, 2011

clarah14 wrote:
I also was contacted Monday by Tele Teton Corp. and they stated they had a buyer for our timeshare. I contacted the attorney general's office of lansing, michigan and was informed that they were connected to Redline Funding and they informed me not to send them any money up front as all the title fees and other fees could be paid at closing. I also called the Wyoming attorney general's office and spoke to the lawyer for the state of Wyoming. He said they had no physical people in Wyoming, only a P. O. Box exists. How can a company work with no PHYSICAL people? I have sent them no money and don't plan on it. Thanks for the info.

Many uprfront fee resale scam companies have no physical address since they do their work from a computer or telephone in the comfort of their homes.

Kudos to you for contacting the attorneys general in MI and WY. In Florida timeshare resale scams are the number one complaint to the FL attorney general and he's working hard on those cases as we speak ..... he's closed down many of the scammers.

R P.
Aug 22, 2011

As you can see from my former post we were scammed by Redline Funding, which now appears to be the parent company to Tele Teton. I too had contacted the Michigan State Attorney Generals office and the Consumer Fraud department before we signed the contracat and was told that there was no complaints against them. At that time I guess there wasn't. I filed a complaint with the Attorney Generals office of Michigan and they sent me by mail a letter stating that it was forwarded to the U.S. Postal Service. What is that about?? I imagine it will just get lost and never go anywhere. What can those of us who have been scammed do to get these guys. I called the "office" in Wyoming and they tell you they have an office in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I live 2 hours from Cheyenne and we all know that they don't have a physical office!! I told Michigan Attorney General's office in my letter that they are connected to Redline, who already has shut down and taken everyones money. Tele Teton is still operating. WHY AREN'T THEY AFTER THEM and prosecuting them and those who are also connected to Redline Funding. Any thoughts out there about how to get these guys. We can file complaints...but then what.

Janet P.
Aug 23, 2011

The main thing you can do is keep on keeping on sending complaints on a daily basis to the MI and WY attorneys general UNTIL you get a reply.

I, myself, wonder why all the scam companies aren't shut down and the employees arrested and jailed since they are common criminals just like any other common criminal that's in jail. There has to be a way.

R P.
Aug 24, 2011

I think you've found the answer to who these people really are. What they have in common is the phone system. Both companys use a VOIP system , LINGO, and both systems were purchased by the same person. Surprise, Surprise, they are in Florida from what I learned when I called the phone company. I think we should all complain to the phone company cause they obviously don't know who they are dealing with. Going through Michigan general attorney is a good way to go but we should also file a complaint with the Florida attorney general! That' s what I did, I gave this info to both the Michigan AG office and Florida attorney general so they know who they are after and they have assured me that they are on their tail!

Kathleen G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.