General Discussion

TW Online Marketing

Jul 08, 2011

I have become aware of a company named TW Online Marketing, TWOnlineMarketing.com, and wonder if anyone has had experience with them. I am leary since they like most of them want $199.00 up front to sell a timeshare, but thought I would check them out. Cheryl Moats is VP of Marketing (540) 298-2951 and someone gave me her card.

Rich C.
Jul 08, 2011

castleo wrote:
I have become aware of a company named TW Online Marketing, TWOnlineMarketing.com, and wonder if anyone has had experience with them. I am leary since they like most of them want $199.00 up front to sell a timeshare, but thought I would check them out. Cheryl Moats is VP of Marketing (540) 298-2951 and someone gave me her card.

Do you see the contradiction here? They say they want money to SELL your timeshare yet their name implies that they just MARKET your timeshare. There's a huge difference.

And you are wise to be leery. Even wiser to stay away from such a scam.

Lance C.
Jul 08, 2011

lancec13 wrote:
Do you see the contradiction here? They say they want money to SELL your timeshare yet their name implies that they just MARKET your timeshare. There's a huge difference.

And you are wise to be leery. Even wiser to stay away from such a scam.

This is very good advice, clealy and plainly stated. Ignore at your peril (...and at your financial expense).

KC
Jul 30, 2011

They have a favorable BBB report, but we would like to hear from someone who has used them.

Gail D.
Jul 30, 2011

gaild107 wrote:
They have a favorable BBB report, but we would like to hear from someone who has used them.

A favorable BBB report simply means that nobody has bothered to file a complaint against them yet. Chances are that this company has not even been in business long enough to have a complaint.

What are you hoping to accomplish by using this company?

In case you haven't noticed the other posts in these forums, this is one of the latest scams aimed at owners of Mexican timeshares. They call owners saying they have buyers who are ready to drop down an obscene amount of money for a low-value timeshare while constantly claiming "no upfront fee!"

Then, when you are ready to do the paperwork, they tell you that you need to send them thousands of dollars to cover some sort of fee - but they refuse to label it "upfront fee".

Oh! By the way, the buyer does not even exist.

You can proceed with this company if you wish (this is a free country), but make sure you pay them with money that you do not need and can afford to flush down the toilet.

Lance C.
Dec 05, 2012

I actually just started using this company before I found out about Redweek.com and now reading these posts I am a little leery. Can you still use Redweek even though it is advertised with another company? What is the success rate in selling timeshares thru Redweek and if u were able to sell how long did it take?

Michelle R.
Dec 05, 2012

NO UP FEE with redweek, sold a 2 bedroom unit for $250 last year and a 3 bedroom unit for %500. I hat to admit that I paid an upfront fee 2 other times. these units were in Branson, and after hearing from the scam compoanies on how much the transfer costs are, etc. I inform thaem that the transfer can be completed for $475. Oh, if one sells it to "cheap" companies like westgate has 30 days to buy it back. However, in this case, westgate took 45 days and were too late to purchase it back. by the way Westgate in Branson in the AAA book, for maybe $10 more per day. so why pay maint. fees, when these are available at AAA?

Robert S.
Dec 05, 2012

Okay...thank you for your advice. I know now what I need to do.

Michelle R.
Apr 24, 2013

Obviously you don't really know anything about them or the business, just shooting off from the mouth. Yet your so quick to call them a scam. You make me leery.

Chris J.
Apr 24, 2013

chrisj268 wrote:
Obviously you don't really know anything about them or the business, just shooting off from the mouth. Yet your so quick to call them a scam. You make me leery.

Well if you know more about this company than we do, would you care to explain what this company does and why it is not a scam?

Lance C.
Apr 25, 2013

chrisj268 wrote:

Shill .... bottom line, if your company charges a large upfront fee then TW Online Marketing is a scam, period ..... all you really want is that upfront fee.

R P.
Sep 05, 2013

Ms. Moats is a professional who exceeds all expectations. She is very well versed in all forms of ownership, and points. I would not hesitate to utilize her services again.

castleo wrote:

Thomas E.
Sep 05, 2013

thomase232 wrote:
Ms. Moats is a professional who exceeds all expectations. She is very well versed in all forms of ownership, and points. I would not hesitate to utilize her services again.

Shill !!!!

R P.
Sep 05, 2013

you sir, sound cynical who is clearly opinionated without cause

Thomas E.
Sep 05, 2013

I agree with Jayjay......SHILL !!!!!!

Don P.
Sep 19, 2014

WE also gave Cheryl Moates $199 to sell our timeshare - two years ago - and never hear from her - unless we called and bothered her - but stopped calling her over a year ago.

castleo wrote:

Ernest H.
Sep 20, 2014

ernesth35 wrote:
WE also gave Cheryl Moates $199 to sell our timeshare - two years ago - and never hear from her - unless we called and bothered her - but stopped calling her over a year ago.

Be glad it was only $199. There have been many horror stories about people losing thousand (even tens of thousands) in scams like these.

Lance C.
Jul 27, 2015

My husband and I have recently had an experience with TW OnLine Marketing - don't waste you money!!!! We also dealt with Cherly Moates - When we first contacted them, we were told that they would list the timeshare for $18K - in reality - timeshares are worth nothing on the open market. Don't waste you time or money trying to advertise with this company - they will take your $199.00 and they will advertise your timeshare, but it won't sell. We listed with them and did not get one phone call saying anyone was interested in our timeshare and they continually gave us "a line"..........our contract expired and we were not even notified!!!! We had it listed with them for over a year. We have taken another avenue in getting out of the timeshare - and never again, will we be caught into purchasing one!!!

Sue A.
Feb 09, 2016

To all that are still wondering if this company is worth your while, do not bother with this scam. They use every trick in the book to make them sound like a large company that sells nationwide and internationally when there's only one major agent, Cheryl Moats, who has been in this con game her whole life. I have looked up their "corporate office" and with the VERY little information given online, one of 2 addresses I could find pulls up on google maps as a house, the other address is just a PO Box. They do all this crappy work from the luxury of their home! When you do call and try to get any information, you're read a script, which they tell you how popular your specific timeshare is or if you go by points how they can sell it for 1,000's of dollars and that it all sounds like an easy sell that they certainly can do. They'll spice it up and throw other nearby resorts names or popular tourist spots nearby and hype up how they just recently sold a timeshare or 2 from there because its a hot spot. They say lines like "we have a large market for buyers since we also work with clients overseas" and "with [insert upcoming holiday] coming up we have several buyers who are looking into [insert your timeshare/location of timeshare] to vacation at" and my favorite "we just had a convention/ meeting with several buyers who are interested in your timeshare, so and so was very interested so we will be in contact with them and will let you know." If you hassle them about how slowly the process is going or how you haven't heard anything from them, they like to put it on you that it is because it's up to YOU to call in to get updates because they are a "Large company with 100's of clients and our agents will not bother the seller with every offer that is given unless it is a SET DEAL". It's up to YOU to know when they have a 'supposed' client at that time who wants to buy it just a couple thousand dollars than you listed. They'll tell you "we had someone who was interested but they were looking to pay X and your are dead set with Y. Maybe if you consider dropping to X you'll get more action". Even if you go along with their script and try to drop the price to 'advertise' it to the supposed buyers they'll tell you " the buyers went with another timeshare" or " sorry, they are no longer interested". Call this company and see for yourself, you'll hear these similar lines, but whatever you do, DO NOT PAY THEM ANYTHING TO 'ADVERTISE'. You will literally be doing just so. The contract you sign and fax back to them clearly states that they only have to advertise. THERE'S NO GUARANTEED SALE! You need to understand this. All they legally have to do is just post it on their website. "We DID advertise it... it's on our site!" You can do the SAME THING and post it on Craigslist. Save your "Low cost of just $199" and pay a lawyer instead to draw up sales docs if you find a buyer. If you think you are saving yourself any hassle and time by letting this company "help" you sell it... then as everyone else here has said, continue flushing your money down the toilet.

Also, just because they have high a BBB rating does not show that they are a trustworthy company. Many people do not file a complain and if they do they do not follow up, HOWEVER, if the company writes some crap reason "showing" they did everything they could do, BBB accepts that as "the company resolved the complaint" or "the company offered a solution but the client did not accept". Do your research, read the many complaints against this company.

M K.
Feb 09, 2016

This is my response on RedWeekcom's website. I put my words in red, but it didn't copy/paste that way here. I'll go through and put <in between my words>.

<In response to these FALSE accusations, I’m going to point out the OUT-RIGHT lies being told in this review. This “supposed review” was also posted on our (T.W. Online Marketing, Inc.) BBB record where you cannot hide behind a computer…you must state a name and email address. The name is not and has never been in our database meaning this is not one of our clients. He/she sure does act as if he is though! I also find it interesting that everything is word for word between this article and the one posted on the BBB with the exception he/she did not have the guts to trash the BBB with lies about them on their site (I’ll address that in red below). I think this shows the character of the person we’re dealing with here.>

To all that are still wondering if this company is worth your while, do not bother with this scam <(Not a client and never has been. 1st lie)>. They use every trick in the book to make them sound like a large company that sells nationwide and internationally <(Nobody’s ever said we’re a large company. In fact, we’re proud to be a small company so we can address our clients on personal bases. You do not need to be a large company to sell “nationwide and internationally” 2nd. lie)> when there's only one major agent, Cheryl Moats, <(I am Steve Manning, an agent with T.W. Online along with agents we work across companies with. 3rd lie)> who has been in this con game her whole life <(I guess you’ve know Cheryl Moats her whole life? 4th lie)>. I have looked up their "corporate office" and with the VERY little information given online, one of 2 addresses I could find pulls up on google maps as a house, the other address is just a PO Box <(Our office is downtown Harrisonburg, VA right off court square. 5th lie)>. They do all this crappy work from the luxury of their home! When you do call and try to get any information, you're read a script <(Never had a script, never used a script, and anyone who’s ACTUALLY spoke to us would know that. 6th lie)>, which they tell you how popular your specific timeshare is or if you go by points how they can sell it for 1,000's of dollars and that it all sounds like an easy sell that they certainly can do. They'll spice it up and throw other nearby resorts names or popular tourist spots nearby and hype up how they just recently sold a timeshare or 2 from there because its a hot spot <(We don’t “spice” anything up and since this is NOT a REAL client, this is simply being made up. Of course pretty much all timeshares are in tourist spots nearby popular attractions. 7th. lie)>. They say lines like "we have a large market for buyers since we also work with clients overseas" and "with [insert upcoming holiday] coming up we have several buyers who are looking into [insert your timeshare/location of timeshare] to vacation at" <(These are very general remarks that could be said. If you don’t think location and being close to a holiday reflects the marketability of a property, go to any timeshare company out there and ask. Or try to get a July 4th or a “Bike Week” for a cheap price. 8th lie)> and my favorite "we just had a convention/ meeting with several buyers who are interested in your timeshare, so and so was very interested so we will be in contact with them and will let you know." <(This is just an out-right lie. I know I’ve NEVER said anything of the sort and neither has Cheryl. Now we do have meetings as ALL companies do. 9th lie)> If you hassle them about how slowly the process is going or how you haven't heard anything from them, they like to put it on you that it is because it's up to YOU to call in to get updates because they are a "Large company with 100's of clients and our agents will not bother the seller with every offer that is given unless it is a SET DEAL". <(Mostly a lie, other than 100’s of clients…that part is true. We do have 100’s of clients and we do encourage our clients to call if they want to see how it’s going. Again, never claimed to be a “large company” and we DO CALL our clients on ANY OFFER and EVERY OFFER! 10th lie)> It's up to YOU to know when they have a 'supposed' client at that time who wants to buy it just a couple thousand dollars than you listed. <(This one’s ridiculous. “It’s up to you to know”? How is that possible if we don’t call to let you know? We call our clients with ALL OFFERS. 11th lie)> They'll tell you "we had someone who was interested but they were looking to pay X and your are dead set with Y <(Absolutely not. All offers are conveyed to the client. The client has the right to accept, decline, or come back with a counter offer. In a situation like this person is saying, the client would be able to offer the buyer X and make the deal! Another perfect example this has never been one of our clients and knows nothing about our business or us! 12th lie)>. Maybe if you consider dropping to X you'll get more action". Even if you go along with their script and try to drop the price to 'advertise' it to the supposed buyers they'll tell you " the buyers went with another timeshare" or " sorry, they are no longer interested" <(Absolutely not true for the above reason. No way would we not give our client a chance to counter offer. Our clients set ALL our prices and our clients have full control of their advertised property. 13th lie)>. Call this company and see for yourself, you'll hear these similar lines <(Yes, please do so you can see for yourself how knowledgeably and professional we are. These are very vague statements by a person who can’t get detailed because they were never our client. It wouldn’t surprise me if it were one of our competitors.)> , but whatever you do, DO NOT PAY THEM ANYTHING TO 'ADVERTISE'. You will literally be doing just so <(Advertising cost money. People pay newspapers, magazines, and other websites to advertise their products. We only charge 199.00 and that’s it! There are other companies that do the “we have a buyer right now for you” and charge thousands of dollars up front. We are not one of those company’s and never have been. I won’t say they’re a scam (like this person is us) because I don’t truly know. I will say do your homework before giving thousands of dollars upfront to a company who says they already have a buyer.)> . The contract you sign and fax back <(Really? Fax? This seals it. We have NEVER faxed to anyone. Another example this is ALL made up. 14th lie)> to them clearly states that they only have to advertise. THERE'S NO GUARANTEED SALE <(Any company that give you a guarantee that anything will sell, RUN. Nobody can guarantee that.)>! You need to understand this. All they legally have to do is just post it on their website. "We DID advertise it... it's on our site!" You can do the SAME THING and post it on Craigslist <(You certainly can, and you have to deal with all the phone calls, window shoppers, sometimes weird people, and invest a considerable amount of your time with your information being out there. We do this for you on a beautiful website with knowledge and professionalism for 199.00 and none of your information is out there. We have a professional description of your property with a slide show of no less than 6 pictures. I think I’d put us up against Craigslist any day!)>. Save your "Low cost of just $199" <(Hey, he/she finally said something true…”Low Cost of just $199.)> and pay a lawyer instead to draw up sales docs if you find a buyer <(Key word, “if you find a buyer” and I don’t know any lawyer’s that will do anything for 199.00)>. If you think you are saving yourself any hassle and time by letting this company "help" you sell it... <(That’s exactly what we do. Save you hassle and help you sell it!)> then as everyone else here has said <(There’s only one person in all of this that’s actually used us and that’s the one right above this one that came in 6 months ago. I didn’t see that one until now and will be contacting them to relist for free. The rest are people asking for information and actually there’s two (2) that are positive and it looks like one of them their property sold. 15th lie)>, continue flushing your money down the toilet . Also, just because they have high a BBB rating does not show that they are a trustworthy company <(Absolutely not true! Now he/she’s saying that the BBB is a bad company? This person’s credibility is what’s down the toilet. We’ve worked very hard to get an A+ rating with the BBB and are very proud of it. You don’t start off with an A+ either; you must earn it and we have. Why did this person EXCLUDE this part of the review when he/she copied/paste it to the BBB website? 16th lie)>. Many people do not file a complain and if they do they do not follow up <(Oh people will write on this site but not the BBB? Simply not true! 17th lie)> , HOWEVER, if the company writes some crap reason "showing" they did everything they could do, BBB accepts that as "the company resolved the complaint" or "the company offered a solution but the client did not accept" <(More lies! It doesn’t matter what your response is, IT GOES ON YOUR BBB RECORD. Don’t let this person misrepresent the BBB too. It’s a great company that’s been in business a long time. Any moron can get on the Internet, hide behind a computer with no name, and write lies about you and your company. Please do what this person says and call us to make your own decision (800) 476-5680. 18th lie)>. Do your research, read the many complaints against this company. <(Many complaints? There’s one (1) one this site! The rest are inquiries with other NON-CLIENTS giving their uneducated 2 cents worth. We’re going on 6 years in business with only 6 total complaints on the BBB. That’s not too bad a record for the amount of clients we’ve served. Oh yea, remember above where he/she said “Many people do not file a complain and if they do they do not follow up”? With only 1 here and 6 there, it appears that’s a lie too. 19th lie)>. <We are an honest company in a tuff industry for honest companies. We do everything we can for our clients and have great relationships with them.

Steve M.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 09, 2016 03:31 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.