The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

May 28, 2020

I have been following the responses as well. I don't post much, but am as disgusted as everyone else. I do worry that this has site has become a way for TMC to gauge the temperature of the ownership and use it against the group. The more incoherent and divided we are, the better off TMC and their management will be. I would rather see us create a private site elsewhere, where we truly have the privacy to speak up on how to proceed. If someone knows how we can do that, it may be best to get to the owners individually, outside of redweek.

Peg C.

Last edited by pegc29 on May 28, 2020 07:49 PM

May 29, 2020

Thank you

Kevin O.

Last edited by kevin631 on Jun 20, 2020 08:13 AM

May 29, 2020

I would like to find out lawsuit info.

Janice F.
May 30, 2020

I didn't lose interest, but I am a bit confused. Chris V, could you please explain what your problems are with TMC?

William M.
May 30, 2020

That is terrible! I bet you could make a reservation as a “hotel” customer.

Dick H.
May 30, 2020

that's a fine idea..."create a private site elsewhere", proactive and a big plus to consider. we need a trusted someone with the technical savvy to help us create a secret site to share ideas. which trusted owner can help us out; how do we get exclusive passwords to enter this new "private site?" perhaps an attorney with tech ability might do that.

peg, we sure appreciate your proactivity and adding an excellent idea for us owners to consider. we're approaching the right track. now we need a trusted someone who can help us implement this fine idea.

ANY PROACTIVE, TECH SAVVY VOLUNTEERS??

pegc29 wrote:
I have been following the responses as well. I don't post much, but am as disgusted as everyone else. I do worry that this has site has become a way for TMC to gauge the temperature of the ownership and use it against the group. The more incoherent and divided we are, the better off TMC and their management will be. I would rather see us create a private site elsewhere, where we truly have the privacy to speak up on how to proceed. If someone knows how we can do that, it may be best to get to the owners individually, outside of redweek.

Chris V.
May 30, 2020

no question, dick.............simply go to booking.com or any other hotel booking site. you will get a reservation in a new york minute, without a doubt.

dickh68 wrote:
That is terrible! I bet you could make a reservation as a “hotel” customer.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on May 30, 2020 05:18 PM

May 30, 2020

roxanne, consider joning attny zimmerman's lawsuit. a caveat, he's obviously not the only available attorney in the ny area, but one of the few who reached out to us and our TMC CAUSE. do some research before retaining him.

Jean-Marc Zimmerman Zimmerman Law Group 233 Watchung Fork Westfield, NJ 07090

E: jmz@tmcsuit.com T: (908) 768-6408

roxannes5 wrote:
We have weeks to use and yesterday called to schedule a week in early May of 2021. We were told, "There is no availability. Sorry." We've always loved staying at the club but have just about had it. I feel we've been lied to and treated so unfairly. I feel helpless. I'd like to stand outside the entry wearing a sandwich board!

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on May 30, 2020 12:25 PM

May 30, 2020

hi jan,

contact the following attorney for further info. he's the one most owners are using for our case. if you find one you consider better, let us all know.

Chris V.
May 30, 2020

hi janice,

consider looking into:

Chris V.
May 30, 2020

my email to robert ballot, non-sponsored (non-managerial) TMC board/owner member sent today, Saturday, may 30, 2020

hello robert,

quoted from your email to me:

"COVID 19 is causing many issues that affect TMC. Your Management and Board are working on issues that can support we Owners. You should be hearing soon about a resolution to this dilemma."

i have not heard from you nor the board since you quoted as above.

a source revealed that board member, SALVATORE REALE (i believe the director of operations) and owners who recently spoke wth him were told there would be no altering of reservation time policy due to the CORONSVIRUS-COVID-19 PANDEMIC.

if i do not get a positive response from you and/or the board at large via email, the negative reservation extension time current policies must be and will be duly noted to a higher authority for further action as required by litigation and legal procedure. this also becomes a matter of patriotism in this time of dire need because of the PANDEMIC.

i expect to get an expedited direct email in response to the reservation time extension time request that i'm making within this email.

this is essential since so many owners, of the 14,000 to18,000 of us, will be affected by this reservation time issue. many affected by this alleged current policy will be adversely financially devastated by it since those deserving the reservation time will not be able to use their time without the reservation time extension, again due to the CORONAVIRUS/COVI-19 PANDEMIC. an expedited email positively regarding the above issue is sought.

thank you in advance for an immediate response to this email. time is of the essence for receiving a responsive email from you. chris

thank you thank you in advance for an immediate response to this email. time is of the essence for receiving a timely responsive email from you. chris

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on May 31, 2020 06:08 PM

May 31, 2020

I received a voicemail the other day. “This is the Manhattan Club. I’m calling to find out what your issue is with the Board of Directors”. If this wasn’t so unprofessional it would be very funny. This man never gave his name and it sounded like I was listening to a scene from The Godfather. This is how our board members deal with concerns from owners. They turn over the correspondence to management. I had a similar response when I sent the Board of Directors correspondence several years ago. I told the manager of the Manhattan Club at that time I was not interested in speaking to him. I had directed my concerns (At least I thought) with the Board of Directors.

Kevin O.
May 31, 2020

I want to thank Chris V for his comments and continued efforts for our cause. We have been TCM owners since 1998. Looking back the ONLY yearly correspondence has been notice of annual meeting which was preparatory to increasing our outlandish maintenance fee. Then the new increase. Now the maintenance fee justification is hardly shown. We are notified of new maintenance charge when it hits our credit cards. In addition there has been no communications from TMC concerning the pandemic- social distancing, cleaning procedures, elevator procedures, signs and arrows, staff procedures, etc. All consistent with Mayor DeBlasio and Gov. Cuomo directives. How can we go to the MTC without this information.? We risk our health.

Leonaed H.
May 31, 2020

hello leon,

i appreciate your kind words. the only reason for my comments/efforts for our cause is for informative and idea purposes; in addition, they are to entice other owners to share some of their helpful ideas with us. we need more proactive owners to come forward with fresh and new perspectives on how we should combat the continued TMC FRAUD which they continue to enact upon us owners. to quote you, the TMC fraud continues, for example, in the " increasing our outlandish maintenance fee." this has been exponentially and exorbitantly being added to in annual maintenance fee increments, approaching 500 to 550% since the dates of our purchases. there are also many owners who have been deprived of their reservation time due to what TMC calls a lack of accommodations when owners need/want it, another fraud to contend with.

if you look a few pages back, and on this page-----i have written to the BOARD OF DIRECTORS (MANAGEMENT AND NON-SPONSORED MEMBERS) 2 or 3 times about a reservation time extension. my sources say that the director of operations, also a mgmt board member, SALVATORE REALE, told owners in contact with him, that there would be no extensions for reservation time, EVEN FOR/DURING THIS DEVASTATING PANDEMIC. this seems like a lack of patriotism to say the least. this appears to be pure and monstrous thievery on TMC's part. again, your quote, "How can we go to the MTC without this information.? We risk our health."

that i am aware of, TMC has provided no CDC guidelines on owners' TMC reservation/facilities, and no reservation time extension. a simple example: with 3 elevators and 33 floors, how will TMC practice social distancing? we need the essential time extension plan explained and expedited and sent to all affected owners. i for one have up to august 15, 2020 to use 7 days. i live in ny and take a weekend (1-2 days per month) here and there. my time expires on august 15, 2020. should i risk my life for the use of these days? when clearer recommendations from cdc is published, that's when my time will be used............which may involve an EXTENSION at least through december, 2020 which i am requesting.

WE NEED TO MAKE OUR PLIGHT MADE KNOWN AS A GROUP TO MAYOR DE BLASIO AND GOVERNOR CUOMO and perhaps to the nysag, leticia james. this is becoming a definite requirement rather than a suggestion. this must be done as a group of TMC owners with complaints from many of us.

personal note to leon as a suggestion: DO NOT LET TMC HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD ON FILE TO PAY YOUR MAINTENANCE. YOU PAY IT WHEN AND IF YOU PREFER TO DO SO.

leonaedh wrote:
I want to thank Chris V for his comments and continued efforts for our cause. We have been TCM owners since 1998. Looking back the ONLY yearly correspondence has been notice of annual meeting which was preparatory to increasing our outlandish maintenance fee.Then the new increase. Now the maintenance fee justification is hardly shown. We are notified of new maintenance charge when it hits our credit cards. In addition there has been no communications from TMC concerning the pandemic- social distancing, cleaning procedures, elevator procedures, signs and arrows, staff procedures, etc. All consistent with Mayor DeBlasio and Gov. Cuomo directives. How can we go to the MTC without this information.? We risk our health.

Then the new increase. Now the maintenance fee justification is hardly shown. We are notified of new maintenance charge when it hits our credit cards. In addition there has been no communications from TMC concerning the pandemic- social distancing, cleaning procedures, elevator procedures, signs and arrows, staff procedures, etc. All consistent with Mayor DeBlasio and Gov. Cuomo directives. How can we go to the MTC without this information.? We risk our health.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on May 31, 2020 05:54 PM

Jun 02, 2020

I just had a call from TMC. Didn't catch her name. No-one with whom I am familiar. She was advising me that I could become a member of 2 organizations of which I have not heard of and roll over my 7 nights of my April penthouse stay that I lost because of Covid. I said I wasn't interested and I shared that I thought it was deplorable that TMC wasn't doing anything to help the owners in this unprecedented circumstance. She replied unfortunately they couldn't, due to the offering plan. I said then, I will stop paying my maintenance fees because I cannot continued to be ripped off by TMC any longer. She seemed at a loss for words and we hung up.

Dks
Jun 02, 2020

that's pure and unadulterated bull****. they have altered the offering plan to suit their greedy motives in the past and can do it now offering extensions for reservation time as an essential MUST during this coronavius/covid-19 pandemic. they're now playing with our personal health and well-being as if they care if we live or die. if it regarded TMC's management's relatives/friends, their story would change.

i have not seen any TMC scenarios or guidelines related to the pandemic. social distancing with 3 elevators....a joke. any requirement for masks? another joke. social distancing in areas other than elevators, a hysterical non-existant fallacy. the CDC must be notified of this disregard for federal regulations.

we must do something NOW regarding the reservation time extension due to the pandemic. those affected are being robbed of their maintenance fees since they are not able to use their reservation time due to the pandemic. as long as TMC is allowed to operate as they see fit, without regard for owners, they will continue to do so. as long as they can drive expensive cars like ferraris and lamborghinis and live the lives of luxury, their bottom line is satisfied. the name of the game is "screw the owners" since they have no power. keep owners under our financial thumb and we can continue to live our fabled lifestyles.

owner's legal action is to be immediately developed. TMC will continue to screw us until we give up. are you ready for that?

keep in mind that we are, per TMC's degenerate offer of $100, giving up new york city real estate worth many thousands of dollars. that may be a way out of paying continued exorbitant maintenance fees for some owners, but others who can either pay (or not) who can hold off accepting this ridiculous $100 offer can get some litigation aligned for our benefit and have TMC pay the current going rate for our nyc TMC investments.

deborahs528 wrote:
I just had a call from TMC. Didn't catch her name. No-one with whom I am familiar. She was advising me that I could become a member of 2 organizations of which I have not heard of and roll over my 7 nights of my April penthouse stay that I lost because of Covid. I said I wasn't interested and I shared that I thought it was deplorable that TMC wasn't doing anything to help the owners in this unprecedented circumstance. She replied unfortunately they couldn't, due to the offering plan. I said then, I will stop paying my maintenance fees because I cannot continued to be ripped off by TMC any longer. She seemed at a loss for words and we hung up.

Chris V.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 02, 2020 09:19 PM

Jun 02, 2020

Deborah, Was one of those organizations RCI. Just curious.

Dru M.
Jun 02, 2020

Has anyone received a letter from TMC stating that those who are delinquent need to relinquish ownership or pay up what they are owed or they will commence a lawsuit for foreclosure ? I have received a letter and a follow up email

Nikki M.
Jun 03, 2020

No. I know about RCI and that was not one of the ones she mentioned. One sounded like Aural?? I was so disgusted with her tone which was light and airy and as though she was offering me a wonderful resolution to this problem/ issue, that I just didn’t want to give her the time of day.

drusillam2 wrote:
Deborah, Was one of those organizations RCI. Just curious.

Dks
Jun 03, 2020

Thanks, Deborah. They are unbelievable. Who in their right mind would want to go to NYC even now with all events cancelled, the Virus threat and now rioting. The only conclusion is that they want everyone to stop paying. Sad situation for so many.

Dru M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.