The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Apr 28, 2019

Sorry Chris,

It must have been someone else on your feed that was questioning whether to send in $1250 before investigating Zimmerman’s intent. My Bad!

Gary P.
Apr 28, 2019

By the way. Worst investment I ever made!!

Gary P.
Apr 29, 2019

hi again gary,

i assume you mean TMC as the........"Worst investment I ever made", and not the retainer fee for zimmerman!!!

garyp151 wrote:
By the way. Worst investment I ever made!!

Chris V.
Apr 29, 2019

That is correct. Buying into this time share was the worst investment I ever made. Paying $1250 to Zimmerman will hopefully be the best!

Gary P.
Apr 30, 2019

I'm late to this message board. How do I get in contact with Zimmerman? I am also a TMC timeshare victim.

Don

Don H.
Apr 30, 2019

read below

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Apr 30, 2019 06:59 AM

Apr 30, 2019

don, you're doing a reasonable and insightful thing by retaining jean-marc zimmerman's lawsuit against TMC.

his contact information follows:

CONTACT ​ E-MAIL JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM ​ PHONE (908) 768-6408 ​ FAX (908) 935-0751

MAIL 233 WATCHUNG FORK WESTFIELD, NJ 07090 ​

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Apr 30, 2019 06:57 AM

Apr 30, 2019

I understand that many Manhattan Club members are angry and feel they made a poor choice in purchasing a time chare at this magnificent property in one of the best location in The Big Apple.Many of us owners are happy to call the Manhatten Club our Home away from home. I have been a satisfied owner for 12 years and am looking forward to many more.

Christopher F.
Apr 30, 2019

christopher,

if you read even half of the 271 pages of this forum, you'll note that your comments reflect probably fewer than 99% of other TMC owners who have commented on these pages. i assume you have no problem paying what the majority of owners consider to be highly exorbitant maintenance fees; these fees were to have, as we were told by TMC's sales people, increased SLIGHTLY, moving forward. do you consider maintenance fee increases of nearly 500% since purchase to be SLIGHT? this issue is one of many criminally fraudulent issues wrought on ALL owners by TMC upper management. perhaps your maintenance fees remained favorably stable. could this have been an oversight of the TMC financial office? if so, you lucked out. otherwise neither i nor very many other TMC owners would understand why......................" I have been a satisfied owner for 12 years and am looking forward to many more." this delusion is puzzling. please help me and other owners comprehend your ever-so-favorable stance regarding your ownership at TMC. perhaps your tolerance for being defrauded is higher than most.

christopherf82 wrote:
I understand that many Manhattan Club members are angry and feel they made a poor choice in purchasing a time chare at this magnificent property in one of the best location in The Big Apple.Many of us owners are happy to call the Manhatten Club our Home away from home. I have been a satisfied owner for 12 years and am looking forward to many more.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Apr 30, 2019 12:33 PM

Apr 30, 2019

Agree, and believe the reason fees are so high is that so many owners are not paying and those of us that are have been carrying the burden. I have had no issues with using my time. Do agree, I have to plan my trips but have been able to without an issue. I, myself, don’t like paying these exorbitant fees and hopefully that will get resolved in the near future when either folks are bought out or property is resold. Until then I continue to enjoy my 1 bedroom suite, which by the way, unless I just want a hotel room I can’t duplicate for the avg. maintenance fee unless I go to an Air B&B...

Cookie L.
Apr 30, 2019

I am glad you are happy with Manhattan Club. I would be happy to sign my week every odd year over to you for free. Its a two bath, one bedroom place.

Don S.

Last edited by phyl21 on May 01, 2019 06:13 AM

Apr 30, 2019

I find that hard to comprehend because you are one of the very, very few who believe that being taken advantage of is a positive thing. Perhaps, like myself, you didn't pay $40,000 to purchase a penthouse week and have a 2019 $3700 assessment ( which I just received in the mail). I would think you'd be able to have invested that $40,000 and that you'd have that investment return plus the annual fee which would have afforded you the chance to stay in a very swanky hotel on your annual visit to NYC. Course, if you bought your timeshare for a few hundred dollars from a dissatisfied, defrauded owner, you may have made a good deal. Then again, I'm not sure what is going to happen to your investment if the building is foreclosed upon due to unpaid taxes or other liens filed against it. You very well may find that your initial investment has gone down the drain. Clearly, fraud has been proven - the problem was that the previous NY attorney general allowed Eichner, the developer, to make a sweet deal and get off without prison time or having to pay substantial restitution all to our detriment. So, did you purchase from the developer or was it a resale from another owner? And what do you think your week is now worth? Do you think it has gone up in value?

Gail J.
May 01, 2019

I signed a contract to purchase 7 nights at Manhatten Club this allowed me to book 3 weekends or any other nights of my choosing. I had my lawyer review all relevant documents which he found to be legal.I prefer to have a lawyer review a contract before I sign.I pay the assed maintenance fees and visit the Manhattan Club on dates I plan in advance.I feel all members should live up to their contractual obligations and enjoy the Big Apple.All will be well when the new owners take over the management.Stress is not good for your health.

Christopher F.

Last edited by christopherf82 on May 01, 2019 05:49 AM

May 01, 2019

hello christopher,

for all of your favorable touting about TMC, and not one negative comment, like another owner here who, at 49 cold degrees recently in her TMC suite, was given a questionably working "space heater", or the current exorbitant cost of the maintenance fees, it appears that you might be remunerated somehow, by the glowing, advertisement-style words you display in favor of the proven fraudulence of TMC.

additionally, if we need medical attention regarding stress, we will seek the advice of a doctor, and in conjunction with the cause of this stress, an attorney as appropriate.

while we all respect differences of opinion (about TMC in this instance, ) it appears simply that your opinion differs so obviously and completely from the other 99+% of TMC owners in this forum, that your motives for your glowing comments prompt puzzlement. this is especially so since TMC management was taken to court by the former new york state attorney general for criminal fraud AND WON HIS CASE. what prompts you to believe that "new owners..........who take over management" will lead to all being well?............that comment, in itself, declares that much improvement needs to be forthcoming. that doesn't appear to be happening. rethink your current opinion of TMC. your comments sound like they come from a new TMC salesperson or an advertisement to come to a sales presentation.

christopherf82 wrote:
I signed a contract to purchase 7 nights at Manhatten Club this allowed me to book 3 weekends or any other nights of my choosing. I had my lawyer review all relevant documents which he found to be legal.I prefer to have a lawyer review a contract before I sign.I pay the assed maintenance fees and visit the Manhattan Club on dates I plan in advance.I feel all members should live up to their contractual obligations and enjoy the Big Apple.All will be well when the new owners take over the management.Stress is not good for your health.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on May 01, 2019 09:22 AM

May 01, 2019

"I pay the assed maintenance fees" For many of us, fees have gone up over 400% since we bought in. Ever notice that TMC NO LONGER compares its (nightly equivalent) budgeted fees to local nightly NYC rates? Ever wonder why? It's because paying over $400.00 a night to stay in NYC is an "ASSED" idea!

"I feel all members should live up to their contractual obligations and enjoy the Big Apple.All will be well when the new owners take over the management" The issue for most is WE COULD NOT USE OUR timeshares. Have you read this entire thread? Do you know why the NY AG sued and won a judgement which FORCED the current owners out of the timeshare business? What are you feelings on that? And why do you have feelings for the new owner? Are they paying you?

christopherf82 wrote:

Robert R.
May 01, 2019

How did you ever have an opportunity to consult a lawyer before purchasing? We were told that we had to buy on the spot or the offer was no longer valid.

christopherf82 wrote:

Louise A.
May 01, 2019

Louisea75, you are absolutely right!! I do not for one minute believe Christopherf82 had his attorney review the contract before he signed! I CALL TOTAL BS ON THIS GUY!!! He’s obviously a paid spy/shill for TMC to write positive blogs about TMC. Well you know what Christopherf82! I wish TMC and Eichner would live up to their contractual obligations too! If they did all of us unhappy owners wouldn’t be in the mess we’re in! You are as transparent as a pane of glass and your little post does not change anything for any of us who are paying Eichner and his band of crooks to live the high life at our expense!

Becky F
May 02, 2019

Yes, That is a common tactic in the timeshare industry. "If you don't take this offer now it's not available 2morrow. No sleeping on it 2night, you might come to your senses by morning"High pressure tactics to make the sales quota. I recently received my $100. Check from TMC & I'm out of here. Life lesson learned. I'm too old & tired to invest anymore time & patience in this nonsense.Time to move on.

Gerard S.

Last edited by gerards23 on May 02, 2019 08:03 AM

May 02, 2019

i get the feeling that christopher f is blowing smoke up our collective rear ends. there are 2 distinct possibilities: 1) his tolerance for fraud is very high or 2) he's a pitcher for eichner, and a lefty at that.

get over it.

Chris V.
May 02, 2019

gerards23 wrote:
Yes, That is a common tactic in the timeshare industry. "If you don't take this offer now it's not available 2morrow. No sleeping on it 2night, you might come to your senses by morning"High pressure tactics to make the sales quota. I recently received my $100. Check from TMC & I'm out of here. Life lesson learned. I'm too old & tired to invest anymore time & patience in this nonsense.Time to move on.

Gerard, Did you do this recently? Did you use a lawyer and do you think that there will be any future repercussions?

Louise A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.