Ask RedWeek

New Ripoff Vacation Ownership Group

Apr 10, 2012

edwinab4 wrote:
I also was contacted by them. I asked how they found my cell number since I do not issue that number to anyone. The fellow's name that contacted me is Jeffery Flagger. He told me the same story as everyone else. He also told me that Wyndham sells their sales lists and that is how they got our name. I believe it is a scam because they have called me on six different phone numbers. Has anyone benefited from their services? I would like to know.

How ironic! Wyndham is selling its owners names and phone numbers to a company that's allegedly out to stick it to Wyndham.

Jeffrey's statement might just be a ploy to get you angry at Wyndham for selling your name and number. Now that you're supposedly angry at Wyndham, he thinks that you'll want to hire a company (like his) that will absolutely stick it to Wyndham.

Lance C.
Apr 10, 2012

edwinab4 wrote:
I also was contacted by them. I asked how they found my cell number since I do not issue that number to anyone. The fellow's name that contacted me is Jeffery Flagger. He told me the same story as everyone else. He also told me that Wyndham sells their sales lists and that is how they got our name. I believe it is a scam because they have called me on six different phone numbers. Has anyone benefited from their services? I would like to know.

I doubt seriously that Wyndham sells owners' lists .... they'd be cutting off their nose to spite their face.

R P.
Apr 10, 2012

your personal info is public record when you purchase timeshare. its listed just like any other deeded property. educate yourselves people, its not hard to figure out the real scam.....timeshare sales! and further more, the BBB is a FOR profit company. the CEO made over 300k last year and they employ a SALES force. how many non-profits have a sales team and multiple execs making in excess of 6 figures per year?

Marty M.
Apr 11, 2012

martym81 wrote:
your personal info is public record when you purchase timeshare. its listed just like any other deeded property. educate yourselves people

It is true that some of a timeshare owner's personal information is put in public records. However, answer this.

Let's say I own a timeshare in Monroe County (Florida Keys area) and my info is kept in a courthouse in Monroe County. How would a timeshare scam operating in Delaware get my personal info? Do these scam artists go gallivanting all around the country looking for timeshare owners' info?

Better yet, do they go roving up and down both coasts of Mexico looking in Mexican public records for timeshare owners' information?

My guess is that there is some "insider trading" with regards to owners' information that is being sold on the side.

Lance C.
Apr 19, 2012

jayjay is an idiot

Jimmy J.
Apr 20, 2012

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2012/04/nine_people_from_south_jersey.html

Lance C.
May 05, 2012

The VO Group has been investigated and arrested for $2.4 million in mail fraud. You can google "VO Group FBI" to see the article for yourself. Additionally, they have now changed their name to VO Financial. The investigation states that they were calling timeshare owners and stating that BOA hired them to broker a deal for the timeshare developer to settle for up to 50% off their mortgage balance. They then took the money and never paid off the timeshares. Pretty interesting to say the least.

Justin B.
May 06, 2012

justinb107 wrote:
The VO Group has been investigated and arrested for $2.4 million in mail fraud. You can google "VO Group FBI" to see the article for yourself. Additionally, they have now changed their name to VO Financial. The investigation states that they were calling timeshare owners and stating that BOA hired them to broker a deal for the timeshare developer to settle for up to 50% off their mortgage balance. They then took the money and never paid off the timeshares. Pretty interesting to say the least.

This is just one of the thousands of scams out there pertaining to timeshares and new ones pop up everyday.

R P.
May 24, 2012

1) Hamas doesn't have a rating with the BBB. I know there was some contraversy when some guy registered a group posing as Hamas and they gave him a good rating because he paid for it. The BBB has some serious issues yes, but don't give misinformation.

2) Didn't this company just have like a dozen people arrested by the Feds?

I'd stay clear of them...

Steve H.
May 30, 2012

Sounds like VOG has changed their name again. Now it's VL Financial of Tennessee. Same pitch about helping to get your timeshare interest rate/loan/etc. reduced or eliminated through a committee that is investigating fraudulent practices in the timeshare industry. Gal told me her name was Milissa but the phone number is registered to: Jamie Thalgott 444 Elmington Ave Nashville, TN 37205 (615) 915-2990 When I asked for a list of references she transferred me to her Director Jennifer and that name has come up several times before so be warned,

Michael G.
Feb 23, 2013

Resolution firms are just another scam. They prey upon people who have already been victimized by other scammers. They think because you were scammed once you are a " sucker " and they can prey upon you again for more money. I reported Jeffreyp108 to redweek to have his thread deleted.

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.