Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club

Mystic Dunes now managed by Diamond Resorts

Apr 03, 2013

I own two units a 2 bedroom and a 3 bedroom. You don't have to buy anything from them just pay the maintenance. Sorry you feel like a sucker. You most likely overpaid and got less than you bargained for. Neil.

michaelm1390 wrote:
hi i had to buy another 1 bedroom in may and i was told that i will be in the highest point that i can be in with diamond resort and when i went back in decemberi was not in the point so i bought a 1 bedroom for no reason and now i,m being told that everyone who was a owner had to buy a 1 bedroom from diamond and it dose not matter if you owned one with tempus you had to buy one with diamond to get in the points .NOW I HAVE THREE TIMESHARES WITH DIAMOND RESORTS AND NOT EITHER BE IN THE POINTS!!CAN THAT BE TRUE IF YOU HAD TO BUY A ONE BRDROOM TOGET POINTS AND ALREADY HAD A TIMESHARE WITH TEMPUS??? WHY IF YOU HAVE ONE WITH TEMPUS YOU NEED TO GET IN THE POINTS BY BUYING ONE THOUGH DIAMOND !!PLUSE MY THREE BEDROOMS I,M NOW PAYING 1050.00 IN MAINTENCE AND I HAVE TWO OF THEM PLUSE THE 1 BEDROOM ..PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAD TO BUY ONE FROM DIAMOND TO GET POINTS,THANKS FROM THE SUCKER ,,

Neil J.
Apr 03, 2013

Yes my maintenance went from $455 way up to $815 on my 2 bedroom every other year and my 3 bedroom is every year at $1050 plus late payments because the costs are killing me how do I get in the law suit? It is such a shame for such a beautiful resort.

angelab412 wrote:
Please advise on this lawsuit. I am an owner and my week is for every other year. However, my maintanence fees went up from $500 in 2010 to $855 in 2012! I really want out of this timeshare with them.

Neil J.
Apr 03, 2013

yeah? good luck. I bought mine from a real nice gentleman who paid about $27,600 and in less than a year handed it to me and I just had to pay the maintenance thats a 3 bedroom double lock off which is great to use for up to 12 people problem the maintenance is $1050 and by the time I pay it will be $1200. Good luck getting any cash for it. It is a much nicer resort than others that I own here near Disney. The golf course is great and so it the club house now if we can only get a few hundred off the maintenance it would be perfect.

normanc20 wrote:
I have been told these guys are ruthless. I own there and the Mainenance keeps going up. Also soecial assesements.

I am trying to sell my u;nit hter I own a 3 bedroom lock off.

Neil J.
Apr 03, 2013

I got all I need and didnt but points. My wife convinced me to buy points but I got out of it before the 3 days after reading all the fine print. Wsheww! I am glad I did. Now if I can only get rid of Polynesian Isles I owe them a fortune in dues and maintenance and penalties bigger than the IRS for the last 5 years. If you know anyone that would just take it and make a deal on the maintenance I am well behind on they can have it. Diamond owns both and tried to make me a deal on the points to combine 3 of my timeshares to points but when I sat down I saw they were taking it for free and charging me over $7000 I said forgetaboutit. Undercover boss saved me and let me cancel the deal.

alans273 wrote:
stop complaining!

i am paying $4 a gallon for gas, my roads are crap, we cannot even get US athletes from Heathrow to the olympic village in a bus[it took a dude 4 hours for a journey thats 1 hour as he got lost using a GPS]

stop moaning!

i am paying over $2000 bucks at mystic and yes its all a CON, similar to a pyramid selling scheme. the problem started years back when Tony & Gordon [uk PMs] messed up and cooked the books. then most folks didnt have any money to buy into timeshares so the PRICE goes up as less people are paying maintanence charges

i have now NO CHOICE [as they got me by the short & curlies ] to buy more points so i can be a gold DRI member. if i dont i am gonna end up going to mystic for the rest of my life!

PS. if you want to sell me 6,500 points[as i already have 23500] plz get in touch

Neil J.
Apr 03, 2013

so you are not hurting enough? ok how much will you give me for 6500 points? ......... Wait a minute you can only buy RCI points the only one who can sell Diamond Points are Diamond Resorts INTL. Would you like to buy a nice bridge going to Manhattan in NY the Queensboro, Brooklyn, and Manhattan are up for sale, you can put up a toll and get rich. Anything else you want to buy?

alans273 wrote:
stop complaining!

i am paying $4 a gallon for gas, my roads are crap, we cannot even get US athletes from Heathrow to the olympic village in a bus[it took a dude 4 hours for a journey thats 1 hour as he got lost using a GPS]

stop moaning!

i am paying over $2000 bucks at mystic and yes its all a CON, similar to a pyramid selling scheme. the problem started years back when Tony & Gordon [uk PMs] messed up and cooked the books. then most folks didnt have any money to buy into timeshares so the PRICE goes up as less people are paying maintanence charges

i have now NO CHOICE [as they got me by the short & curlies ] to buy more points so i can be a gold DRI member. if i dont i am gonna end up going to mystic for the rest of my life!

PS. if you want to sell me 6,500 points[as i already have 23500] plz get in touch

Neil J.
Oct 06, 2013

just wondering how the law suit is going as we to are an owner since 2008 were not told about the problems with tempest we are very unhappy and want out my husband wants to stop payments they wanted us to buy another timeshare with them and have 2 mortgages (crazy)we own a 2 bedroom lock off gold flexable no more points can someone contact us email buttertart@rogers.com thanks Dianne and Brian in Ontario, Canada

Dianne P.
Oct 30, 2013

Any updates on the law suit? I just got the bill for next years maintenance fees and they are now at $1200 for a 2 bedroom. Ridiculous. I need to get rid of this thing.

Charlie G.
Nov 12, 2013

wow I am an owner of a 2 BD L.O. and just got back from last weeks vacation, we used an exchange as my weeks are in April. I was gently pressured to buy points and I listened and listened but at the end of the day I didn't have the money to buy more of anything. so I own NO points from DRI, I still have my 2bd unit but am not a member of Diamond international. My question is will I still own there in the years to come without being a member of Diamond at all?? After reading all of your posts I am glad I did not partake in the points.

David F.
Dec 10, 2013

I just received a maintenance fee letter on the 3rd of December and they are still raising the prices. I hate that Diamond Resorts has taken over management and are now including all of these extra charges. I JUST WANT OUT. Is there a way to file a LAW Suit again them for these practices? Am I screwed? This is ridiculous.

Terrene D.
Jan 01, 2014

I agree, this is getting out of hand. I think it's a strong arm tactic to make you want to go points, (which I have not and will not). 15% increase in the last two years, what are we to expect, 15% year over year, this is becoming unbearable.

2B2B LO that I have owned free and clear for 13+ years, don’t ever use at the home resort, (purchased when I lived in NY, now that I live 30 min from the resort it’s kind of meaningless), and have so much difficulty in exchanges, (which of course increases the overall spend on your ‘vacation’ every year, adding II, exchange fees, etc.)… this is how my maintenance looks to this point from 2007: 2007 699.00 2008 742.99 6% 2009 774.68 4% 2010 811.84 5% 2011 884.20 9% 2012 1016.79 15% 2013 1168.27 15% If we assume 15% every year, doubt they can keep this up but maybe the way this industry works you never know… 2014 1343.51 2015 1545.04 2016 1776.79

Can’t sell it, can’t give it away, (have tried – will try again), can’t just walk away without an ugly financial suit or bankruptcy, just useless. I’m going to talk to a lawyer just to see if there are any possible scenarios that can apply that I have not thought of but I already know there are not.

Just plain disgusted, feel trapped and extorted.

Gary L.
Jan 03, 2014

What did you do I own 2 timeshares there same problem any solution? Call me 973-698-9010 or email me at davidjurman@yahoo.com help I'm in the same boat and its sinking fast.

garyl108 wrote:
I agree, this is getting out of hand. I think it's a strong arm tactic to make you want to go points, (which I have not and will not). 15% increase in the last two years, what are we to expect, 15% year over year, this is becoming unbearable.

2B2B LO that I have owned free and clear for 13+ years, don’t ever use at the home resort, (purchased when I lived in NY, now that I live 30 min from the resort it’s kind of meaningless), and have so much difficulty in exchanges, (which of course increases the overall spend on your ‘vacation’ every year, adding II, exchange fees, etc.)… this is how my maintenance looks to this point from 2007: 2007 699.00 2008 742.99 6% 2009 774.68 4% 2010 811.84 5% 2011 884.20 9% 2012 1016.79 15% 2013 1168.27 15% If we assume 15% every year, doubt they can keep this up but maybe the way this industry works you never know… 2014 1343.51 2015 1545.04 2016 1776.79

Can’t sell it, can’t give it away, (have tried – will try again), can’t just walk away without an ugly financial suit or bankruptcy, just useless. I’m going to talk to a lawyer just to see if there are any possible scenarios that can apply that I have not thought of but I already know there are not.

Neil J.
Jan 05, 2015

Has anyone had any luck selling their Timeshares here? We have an annual 2 bd/2bath week 47, and we do like the resort, but as you all noted the annual fees are killing us.

Is there no end, any legal way out of this nightmare?

Are there any class action suits in the works?

Susan L.
Jan 05, 2015

I stopped paying my taxes and maintenence fees. I tried selling, no luck. Tried giving it away for FREE with no luck because of the high taxes and fees. I told Diamond Resort they could have it for free and they could re-sell it, they didn't want it either which I find hysterical. I got a certified letter from home owners group that they were going to put a lein on the condo...then I got another letter from the home owners that they were going to sell it and all money will go to pay the amount owed and they will keep the rest. So because I own it out right and I owe for 2014 and now I will owe 2015 all I can say is good luck to them.

Bonnie F.
Jan 05, 2015

There doesn't seem to be any legal way to get out from this lifetime trap. I purchased years ago, maybe 15 years ago, paid in full and my maintenance has gone up on my 2bd/2ba LO so much over the last couple years under Diamond... In 2007 maintenance was 699.00 2008 - 742.99, (6%) 2009 - 774.68, (4%) 2010 - 811.84, (5%) 2011 - 884.20, (9%) *2012 - 1016.79, (15%) *2013 - 1168.27, (15%) 2014 - 1226.43, (5%)

Yes, it looks like it leveled out but that's after a couple years of exorbitant hikes. I do wish that my credit was shot so I could unload this and tell them to go scratch but I have perfect credit and just refuse to let them take THAT from me as well. ANY and I mean ANY legal means of relinquishing this I would entertain. I get disgusted thinking of their sales tactics, the new people falling for the purchase and getting stuck in a lifetime of loss because of this horrible company/industry.

Gary L.
Feb 08, 2015

bonnief82 wrote:
I stopped paying my taxes and maintenence fees. I tried selling, no luck. Tried giving it away for FREE with no luck because of the high taxes and fees. I told Diamond Resort they could have it for free and they could re-sell it, they didn't want it either which I find hysterical. I got a certified letter from home owners group that they were going to put a lein on the condo...then I got another letter from the home owners that they were going to sell it and all money will go to pay the amount owed and they will keep the rest. So because I own it out right and I owe for 2014 and now I will owe 2015 all I can say is good luck to them.

So have there been any other consequences?? Can they go after your personal credit? I also own mine without any mortgage so would be willing to walk away and not pay any further maintenance fees. Please let me know how it is going. Thank you.

Sabina O.
Feb 08, 2015

garyl108 wrote:

Hello,

Was reading some of the comments, etc. here. So have you had any luck getting rid of your timeshare in the year since you last commented? Was there any advice gotten from your lawyer that was useful in getting out of your timeshare? Would appreciate any advice you have. Thank you.

Sabina O.
Feb 10, 2015

They can't go after your personal things or put a lein on anything other than the unit. They are forclosing on it and will sell it (good luck with that) and use the money to pay for any unpaid fees and profit from what ever is left. Hope that helps. I own mine free and clear so all i owe was back fees/maintenence

Bonnie F.

Last edited by bonnief82 on Feb 10, 2015 10:12 AM

Feb 10, 2015

Can anyone tell me positively, after having spoken to a lawyer, if you own your deeded timeshare without a mortgage, can you just stop paying the maintenance and force the resort to take back the unit? If so, can they go after your credit or anything else? I know on the accounting record they send for the year there is always a huge amount that goes towards collection of unpaid maintenance fees, etc. (and other items I can't recall now) so obviously there are plenty of people who aren't paying. I know there must be a percentage of people who just can't pay and don't, so can the resort/homeowners group, etc. go after you personally or just put a lien on the unit? Thank you in advance for any information provided.

Sabina O.
Feb 10, 2015

they can only go after your unit...not you personally. They will send you threatening letters but all they can do is go after your unit. I have told them they can have it back...for free. You don't need a lawyer. I have written to the FL Attorney General and have keep them in the loop of how Diamond Resort threatens the time share owners and I have also cc'd them on the letters that I have sent to Diamond Resort telling them they can have it back...for free. I hope this helps.

Bonnie F.
Mar 05, 2015

Hi,

I am looking at contacting the Homeowners Association and the only thing they would give me was an e-mail to a "Teri Bradley". Do you have either a direct number to someone of rank at the Homeowner's Association or a mailing address that will get my mail to someone of importance; maybe someone you were dealing with? Thank you.

bonnief82 wrote:

Sabina O.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.