Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club

Mystic Dunes now managed by Diamond Resorts

Oct 17, 2011

I am in the process of purchasing a timeshare at Mystic Dunes. Just wondering if anyone knows if there are any concerns about maintenance fees being increased or if there are any special assessments happening, especially due to the transfer in ownership of the resort.

Karen N.
Dec 05, 2011

check these items on Google Diamond Resorts International Problems Diamond Resorts International Lawsuit Diamond Resorts Problems Diamond Resorts Lawsuit Poipu Owners Group Poipu Owners Lawsuit

David L.
Dec 20, 2011

I own at Mystic Dunes, It is a very nice condo,well maintained. One of the premium condo's in m y opinion.

I would not recomend to buy there. The maintenance fees keep going up up up. If have been advised that the new owners ( Diamond Resorts ) are ruthless. And you can expect very large increases in the future. I also own at Vacation Village and their Maintenance fees are is much more reasonable.

The last time I was there at Mystic Dunes I was speaking to other guests not owners and the managed to pay much less for a week than the maintenance that I pay. What is up with that? Tghey went on line and dealed directly with Mystic Dunes??

If iot is not to late do yourself a favor and do not buy there.

I would suggest you check out other places and do not purchase from a Presentation.

Norman C.
Dec 20, 2011

They can probably get in for less because DRI will attempt to sell them points at the resort. They already have you on the hook. You no longer matter...

David L.
Jan 10, 2012

Yes, karenn177 look before you leap! I am an owner and my maintenance fees have gone from $365 to $855 in 8years! I can't rent my share neither can I sell it a less than $800 even though I paid over $16,800 8 years back. Without Diamond Resort giving you the legal option of buying back from you in the future, it would be a BIG trap! Apart from death or critical illness, you are stuck forever with these huge maintenance charges!

David B.

Last edited by davidb1148 on Jan 10, 2012 08:00 AM

Feb 16, 2012

hi i had to buy another 1 bedroom in may and i was told that i will be in the highest point that i can be in with diamond resort and when i went back in decemberi was not in the point so i bought a 1 bedroom for no reason and now i,m being told that everyone who was a owner had to buy a 1 bedroom from diamond and it dose not matter if you owned one with tempus you had to buy one with diamond to get in the points .NOW I HAVE THREE TIMESHARES WITH DIAMOND RESORTS AND NOT EITHER BE IN THE POINTS!!CAN THAT BE TRUE IF YOU HAD TO BUY A ONE BRDROOM TOGET POINTS AND ALREADY HAD A TIMESHARE WITH TEMPUS??? WHY IF YOU HAVE ONE WITH TEMPUS YOU NEED TO GET IN THE POINTS BY BUYING ONE THOUGH DIAMOND !!PLUSE MY THREE BEDROOMS I,M NOW PAYING 1050.00 IN MAINTENCE AND I HAVE TWO OF THEM PLUSE THE 1 BEDROOM ..PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAD TO BUY ONE FROM DIAMOND TO GET POINTS,THANKS FROM THE SUCKER ,,

Michael M.
Feb 23, 2012

Like a plague of locusts!

David L.
Apr 10, 2012

Here is the announcement for which we have all been waiting! The lawsuit has been filed! It was filed Friday in Federal District Court in Hawaii. COPP will be mailing out a note with the lawsuit attached. It will also be going up on our website. I think that we will have DRI's attention now! What did Mr. C say? Yes, that's right, there are "10" unhappy customers. We'll see...

David L.
Apr 20, 2012

Please advise on this lawsuit. I am an owner and my week is for every other year. However, my maintanence fees went up from $500 in 2010 to $855 in 2012! I really want out of this timeshare with them.

Angela B.
May 13, 2012

I am also an owner and very upset about the hefty increases in maintenance fees over the years. I would like to know more about the lawsuit. Does anyone have any details? Thanks,

Catherine I.
May 22, 2012

I am also an owner can you give me some more information about the lawsuit? Is there a website where I can get more info?

Angelina C.
Jun 19, 2012

I am an unhappy owner as well. Can u give me an update on your lawsuit please? What can I do?

Janine D.
Jun 27, 2012

I too am an owner and want out. Please let me know if there is really upcoming lawsuit.

Clara J.
Jun 30, 2012

I have been told these guys are ruthless. I own there and the Mainenance keeps going up. Also soecial assesements.

I am trying to sell my u;nit hter I own a 3 bedroom lock off.

Norman C.
Jun 30, 2012

"Ruthless" is not adequate.

David L.

Last edited by davidl712 on Jun 30, 2012 10:23 AM

Jul 09, 2012

Hello,

I saw that there is a lawsuit going against DRI. Are they any "concerned owners" out there looking to do the same? Mainly, because they are now "forcing" owners to change to their "point based system".

Comments are greatly appreciated.

Eddy V.
Jul 19, 2012

stop complaining!

i am paying $4 a gallon for gas, my roads are crap, we cannot even get US athletes from Heathrow to the olympic village in a bus[it took a dude 4 hours for a journey thats 1 hour as he got lost using a GPS]

stop moaning!

i am paying over $2000 bucks at mystic and yes its all a CON, similar to a pyramid selling scheme. the problem started years back when Tony & Gordon [uk PMs] messed up and cooked the books. then most folks didnt have any money to buy into timeshares so the PRICE goes up as less people are paying maintanence charges

i have now NO CHOICE [as they got me by the short & curlies ] to buy more points so i can be a gold DRI member. if i dont i am gonna end up going to mystic for the rest of my life!

PS. if you want to sell me 6,500 points[as i already have 23500] plz get in touch

Alan S.
Oct 16, 2012

I have been extremely disappointed with my dealings with Diamond Resorts International. I have come out of my pocket with more than $17K and have not taken a vacation with my points yet. I have had to bank them for future use. I would sell in a minute but would be too ashamed to dump my property on another innocent person.

Mystic Dunes is a beautiful property but nothing is worth the money they have extracted from me.

Sylvia S.
Jan 07, 2013

Hello Yes, I now have the new maintenance bill, is this legal and how does our original contract that we signed with Tempus work? We should get a class action suit going.

Karen G.
Apr 03, 2013

yes I do. I own 2 units here and do not recommend that you buy them from the resort because they are much more expensive than if you buy them directly from the owner like myself. The dues and maintenance have gone up every year and there are late penalties and interest on late payments because the maintenance has to be paid by January 1st to get the price they tell you if its late there is a $25 late penalty plus about $20 interest every month you have not paid it in full. The positive side is the resort is great, the people working there are great, and the amenities are great. It is one of the few resorts that do have transportation free to the parks but you must abide by their schedule. It is now managed by Diamond Resorts and they always want to upgrade you to points for a lot of money, if you have a floating week you are good.

karenn177 wrote:
I am in the process of purchasing a timeshare at Mystic Dunes. Just wondering if anyone knows if there are any concerns about maintenance fees being increased or if there are any special assessments happening, especially due to the transfer in ownership of the resort.

Neil J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.