Timeshare Companies

Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

Dec 11, 2017

Vidanta has settled our problem in a satisfactory manner.

Louise Johnson

Last edited by lauraj239 on Dec 11, 2017 09:47 AM

Jan 18, 2018

Your absolutely correct. Unfortunately I just got taken by an upgrade. I am hoping I can sell my unit and be out if Mexico forever. Biggest fraud going and I wish someone could stop them. Tired to get out of it to no avail. Wish I saw these messages a long long time ago.

jayjay wrote:
rickk136 wrote:
I'm glad you only loss your time. We lost our money to them also. I really wished I did more research on the internet about them. This is my story about their deceitful practices that Myan Resorts, Vida Vacations, and their partners use. Simply put, avoid MYAN RESORTS and their sale practices at all costs!! Don't believe me, a simple Google Search "Grand Mayan Scam" will pull up all the information you need. I've provided a few links to make this more convenient for you. My story is very similar to the thousands of others out there but I want to publish this to as many people as possible. If you are interested in my story please continue to read and also see the response from Grand Mayan below.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=124478

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138856

http://grand-mayan-resorts.pissedconsumer.com/grand-luxxe-grand-mayan-scam-20120423314135.html

The fraudulent misrepresentation starts when you walk through the doors. They will offer you free breakfast and a tour of the resort. The resort is huge, so it appears to be a wise choice and they claim this will not take up much of your time. What they do not share with you is the truth. You will be attending a high pressure sales presentation that will consume your entire day to the point where you feel the need to buy something to get out of the room. Even through all this, I was still able to accept the initial lie and was participating as a willing listener. What I did not realize is that everything they were telling me continued to be lies and consistent from all three high pressure sales people they forced me to listen to before I could sign out and leave. I've been through timeshare presentations and even made a purchase in the past, but this one is much different. Previous companies may pressure you, but are not willing to flat out lie to you. My other timeshare has been reputable and everything I expected. This is not the case with Mayan Resorts and Vida Vacations. Mayan Resorts does this day in and day out to hundreds of people and takes their hard earned money. They ask for you to rent the weeks through another company they work with and you will get $1000.00 to $1500.00 back for each week you own. They claim the only way you would not be able to rent it is if a natural disaster happens. The company they asked me to work with was Golf Marketing Connections because the golfers they work with need places to stay when they travel to Mexico for golf. This company also collects money from you (see below) to rent the weeks, but the upfront fee is worth it because it will help you pay for your investment. They will also sell your current timeshare for an estimated price that is provided to you. THESE ARE ALL LIES COMING FROM MAYAN RESORTS AND VIDA VACATIONS!!! These companies are a 'front' and it appears their websites are even fake. You are willing to give your hard earned money to the overpriced Mayan Resorts because they have assured you that you will get it back through rental and selling your current timeshare. They know darn well that this a LIE and the company they use to help you with this is also a scam working together!!

You find out about the fraudulent misrepresentation when you get home and start contacting these companies and follow the instructions you've been told. The website links don't even work!! This is a scam and continues to happen day in and day out the minute your plane hits the ground in Mexico. Unless you've been burned by them before, educated about this, or much skeptical of people than I am.......you will get trapped. Just avoid these people, the resorts, and any business partners associated with them.

Have you reported this to PROFECO (the consumer protection agency in Mexico)? You can google for contact info.

Rae-Marie D.
Mar 11, 2018

The latest (Feb. '18) on the upgrade presentation at Riviera Maya. Doubt will be planted that you even own one half of the Grand Collection, if that's your contract). We were told that our contract was a re-sale from 2012, as were at least 2 other members we spoke with during the week. That accounts for the low price we paid (the 2012 contract), and the instant, newly acquired equity of $66,000 as I recall...that can be applied to a $994,000 new contract. You heard that right. No worries, it's rentals.

As for check outs, and accounting procedures, credits to which one is entitled are applied and shown on the statements only after you are "ready to pay". Those may include water, charities, resort fees, and purchase credits ($250 for example) to be used for food, store purchases, and restaurants. So, the result is the customer has to plead his case at the check-out front desk as he's actually leaving the resort, i.e. final check-out. Not sure if this next move is intentional or not, but 2 days before check-out we're advised we're approaching our limit (or charges I presume) and they want another $500 to supplement the first credit card hold of 65% of our eventual charges. Because we moved from MPalace to GMayan, however, at checkout we were told the billing had to originate from MP, despite all charges being forwarded to GM when we moved. The new hold became a debit at some point within the 2 days, but I was told it was a hold and would be reversed immediately. Well, going on 8 days now, and phone calls to front desk are refused, instead asking for our email address...which they have had on file for years plus.

Visa has been advised, and they have agreed they will deal with this matter if no credit is issued within the next 4 days. Neat trick, or are they just that incompetent! Sorry state they are in. Chavez' son has moved into a managing role apparently. This is how a potentially spectacular resort goes to rack and ruin. I haven't commented on the dysfunctional rooms at the GM (and MP) because we really don't care anymore. Anyone want a rental for $500 over cost?

Joan C.
Mar 11, 2018

To clarify the above post, we paid our bill in full at check-out. The $500 hold became a debit 2 days before check-out, but we weren't aware of that. End result...they have an extra $500 from us (that we don't owe) and our c/card carries an extra $500 charge while we complete our final week of vacation. And they won't take a phone call to resolve the matter, they just want our email address, which they have had for 3 plus years! 4 days and counting until it's in Visa's hands.

Joan C.
Apr 03, 2018

I am absolutely disgusted with the discrepancy between what our sales person SAID and what the contract says in fine print. It's like we had two different conversations. I wish I had read the posts earlier. I NEVER would have entered into a contract with VIDA / Vidanta / Mayan Palace had I known how difficult it would be to schedule vacations with them anywhere besides Mexico. And the fact that they said they'd buy back our timeshare but didn't. They are a fraudulent, dishonest company in it for the money only. Our salesperson, Roger Pazdera told us Vida would buy back any weeks we didn't use. He said they enjoy seeing us but would rather have the opportunity to sell to others and therefore would pay us to give up our weeks. They also said that everyone was on the same playing field with this vacation club, unlike most timeshares. Well guess what, there are different tiers with Vida too. They said they would give us an "anytime week" within our membership that we would be able to use year after year. Guess what? That's only for 1 year and ONLY at their resorts in Mexico. Our salesperson, Roger, also said we could use our travel fund to pay for airlines and rental cars. Wrong. Fine print says the is not the case either. They said there would only be one number to call back to book a vacation. More lies. You have to go through so many channels and call different numbers that in the end, it's just not worth it. Some of the resorts listed on their website are completely shut down, inactive, or do not exist. I could go on and on but will save my voice for PROVECO, the BBB, my credit card companies, social media and any other website I can get my hands on. VIDA is a fraud and we have been scammed.

Lara B.
Apr 03, 2018

You had three days while at the resort to read contract and cancel if you felt fraud was committed. I’ve been an owner for 11 years and was never told Vida had Resorts outside of MX. We love our ownership and go each winter for a few weeks taking family and friends with us. Perhaps your sales person was saying you could exchange your property on RCI or SFX allowing you to go to other resorts outside of MX.

Elaine F.
Apr 03, 2018

We did not realize what a fraud this was until we started investigating into traveling outside of Mexico. That's when it gets quite sticky. Regardless, I'm afraid you may not be evaluating your timeshare inappropriately. Let's say you pay $30,000 for their vacation club. On top of that, you pay $1,100 "usage fee" per week's use, which really is a maintenance fee dressed up in different words. You go and enjoy yourself, great. But realize that over 10 years, if you go twice a year to Mexico (because good luck booking any other destination), then you end up paying $52,000 {(2 x $1,100 x 10) + 30,000} just in "hotel" fees over those 10 years which amounts to $5,200 per year...to go to the same places...again and again and again. This does not include airfare, food, or any other expenditure. If you choose to go to the same region time after time, well then maybe you're satisfied with that. To quote St. Augustine, "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." Who knows, maybe that is good enough for you.

Lara B.
Apr 19, 2018

I would like to find a local attorney in Mexico for assistance with a class action against Mayan. If you are interested or have information please let me know

Michelle M.
Apr 30, 2018

I am another of the "taken advantage" of members of the Grand Luxxe/Vidanta sales staff. I am wondering that if we all banded together & started a class action law suit in Mexico, that we might have some recourse? Anyone interested? Thank-you!

Laura B.
Apr 30, 2018

Anyone interested in starting a class action lawsuit in Mexico? I am another taken advantage of & lied to Grand Luxxe owner.

Laura B.
Apr 30, 2018

Interested in joining a class action lawsuit? I am another lied to & taken advantage of Grand Luxxe owner.

Laura B.
Apr 30, 2018

Anyone interested in starting a class action lawsuit in Mexico. I am another lied to & scammed owner of the Grand Luxxe. Perhaps starting a blog is one way to at least save other people. I have posted on Trip Advisor & will continue.

Laura B.
Apr 30, 2018

I am interested in joining a lawsuit. You can contact me directly at lgoodway@newdawnconcepts.com. I will speak to a couple of attorneys I know & see if they have any ideas about Mexico. Thanks! Laura

Laura B.
Apr 30, 2018

I was practically physically restrained by the 2nd salesperson & he refused to give back my husband's drivers license & credit card until I said I would get security.

Laura B.
Apr 30, 2018

Trying to get a law suit together in Mexico.

Laura B.
Apr 30, 2018

Mexico is a Right to Use . Just walk away and cut your losses .

Don P.
May 01, 2018

laurab848 wrote:

With all due respect, you may be assuming that the legal system in Mexico bears even a remote resemblance to that which exists in the U.S. If that is your assumption, it is entirely incorrect. The "legal system" in Mexico is essentially a very bad joke. Don't waste your time or energy pursuing what would surely be just a fool's errand.

As recommended above, just stop paying, walk away and cut your losses now. You've been "had" and you're not going to recover a dime under any circumstances. Mexican timeshare sales weasels have been "selling RTU sizzle" to visiting Gringos for decades. That is certainly not going to change anytime in the foreseeable future. Whatever money you spent is gone. Maybe it's time to just stop paying and move on.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 02, 2018 09:02 AM

May 02, 2018

All of these stories sound so familiar - I have supposedly owned at Grand Bliss for a year and a half and have yet to use any of the 9 certificates offered in the "Hostage Room" They are LIARS!!!!

Terry G.
May 03, 2018

terryg247 wrote:
All of these stories sound so familiar - I have supposedly owned at Grand Bliss for a year and a half and have yet to use any of the 9 certificates offered in the "Hostage Room" They are LIARS!!!!

We probably don't have any options as many of the messages have stated, but anyone that wants to add their name to at least a complaints let, email me directly at laurag@newdawnconcepts.com

Laura B.
May 05, 2018

We continually receive phone calls (which we've never answered or called back) regarding our Mayan Palace in Mazatlan. We sold our timeshare and have the verification. The latest caller left a vm from (I assume) an attorney in Guadalajara. His name is Manuel Gonzales. He left the name of his firm but the accent foiled my attempt to retrieve it. He did however give me a Guadalajara phone number..001 52 3384 217 213. We have not called back as it is Saturday. He stated that they are representing 65 clients. They are Mayan Palace victims of fraud and that it is possible we are as well. Also he said a previous lawsuit was successful. So, given all this any ideas or suggestions.

laurab848 wrote:

Sue H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.