Feb 08, 2012

First of all I apologize for my English, but I use an automatic translator. Between the years 2000 and 2002 I purchased 3 weeks to Sonatem Vacation Club and Marbella, paid 16,000 euros each one. for many years that my financial situation has changed for the worse and then I asked Marriott the ability to resell my weeks, after 12 years but this seems almost impossible. Since I changed my financial situation, despite having always paid the maintenance costs, I can not deny that I have problems to continue to do so, but Marriott does not want to know anything of this, I pay or lose the property. Two weeks ago I received a letter from Marriott, which contained an offer to buy my week at the Gold Sonatem, offered 4,200 euros, the same week 12 years ago I paid almost 17,000 euros. But 12 years later, it should be worth more? So I wonder: what is the difference between a loan shark and Marriott? Mr. Luciano Passariello l.passariello@alice.it

Luciano P.
May 31, 2012

Marriott hires very good salesman. Hindsight is 20/20. Now we are aware of the resale market and know we can rent our units for around the same price as our maintenance dues. Welcome to the owners club. Even the kids don't want the units with the every year fees. My suggestion is to dump your units on the resale market, and avoid the next year dues.

David G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.