Hanalei Bay Resort

Hanalei Bay Resort renovation

Feb 14, 2012

Hanalei Bay Resort is now totally owned by private owners and timeshare vacation owners. The management nightmare and lawsuit is over and our new management company, Trading Places is providing wonderful travel assistance and booking arrangements. The restaurant and bar are being completely rebuilt and the resort and rooms are being renovated. The pool and jacuzzi has completed its restoration and tennis courts are in use. New solar panels and re-roofing help complete the job.

The aloha spirit is returning to our home away from home. "Heavenly Bay" begins again...

Laurie D.
May 21, 2012

Hi, I'm thinking about renting a timeshare property at Hanalei Bay Resort in spring 2013. I'm a little concerned from scanning through these older forum discussions that the property may be outdated, lacking of restaurants, and experiencing some management problems. Can anyone provide an update on the status of the property? Thanks.

Dennis B.
Jun 16, 2012

We just returned yesterday (6/15/12) from Hanalei Bay Resort after a week exchange to HBR. The resort is under new management (Trading Places) and from the owners we spoke with they are pleased with the positive changes Trading Places is making. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the grounds, pools etc. are beautiful and well maintained. One note is the pool waterfalls were not operating and I am not certain when they will be repaired, but that did not take away from the beauty of the resort, when fixed it will only add to it. We were in a one bedroom, which was nice and had some more recent updating than the one my daughter and husband were in. The units were clean, just dated with some wear. I'm told that two units have been completely updated (we asked to see them, but couldn't because they were occupied). Additionally we were told by owners that all the units should be updated by the end of 2014. Apparently they are paying a special assessment to update the units with two installments to go. The restaurant reconstruction has not yet begun. From our perspective we would stay there again. We loved the grounds, pool, views and Princeville area.

Jeff N.
Aug 15, 2012

The restaurant and Happy Talk Lounge were absolutely wonderful to have there on the property, as the view from the Bali Hai Restaurant at sunset made the higher priced nice meals well worth it, and the Lounge had a nice menu for those that really needed some nice smaller portions with some truly wonderful nightly live entertainment. Hope it all gets done promptly for the owners sake and benefit!

Gary D.
Apr 28, 2013

You mentioned Trading Places taking over your management and how owners were pleased with the changes. This is incouraging as they have just taken over our resort at Pacific Shores in Parksvilles, BC. I really like there exchange program that when you deposit your week you trade a week for a week of the same. Like a 2 brm unit for a 2brm unit or less. Does not have to be of the same star rating, None of this point trading value, also have up to two years to trade. No membership fee. They have an exchange fee, it less than RCI. They specialize in Hawaill, Mexico, and the USA. Also Whistler BC.

They also do not take inventory that is put in for exchange and rent it out like other exhange companies do.They also have rentals etc and alot of other services in regards to travel.

Carol S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.