Timeshare Exchanges

Pueblo Bonito Premier weeks -

Feb 15, 2012

We have four weeks at PB Sunset Resort Cabo. We also have 4 weeks called Premier weeks. On the Premier Site, there is an inventory of resorts etc that you can use at reduced rates. There is a membership cost of $300 per year. No exchange fee.

Then there is the Black Diamond level that you pay so much for a lifetime membership or a yearly fee to put your week from the Resort that you do not use say this year. They will give you your maintence fee back for the week to put towards your cost to use a resort in the inventory. You have up to two years to use it. No exchange fee.

Will be doing the math, but what has anyones experience been with this system and how much selection has been available. Trying to decide if it is worth it or not. Lifetime membership one week deposited is 2499.00 ( 2041)

This would be an alternative to RCI, .

Carol S.
May 11, 2012

Hi, the only advantage is you get your maintence fee back, it does not affect the inventory. You have the same access to inventory whether you are black diamond or just a regular member. The prices are reduced because they take into consideration what your discount is. If you did not have the discount the price for regular member would be about the cost for the maintence plus the differance. Ask to go onto the black diamond site and check out the inventory and then check out the regular inventory. It is fairly cloise in selection. \i can not remember if your $ can be applied to all purchases or just the resort inventory. We also own at PB four weeks and were told we had four weeks with priemer and turns out we have unlimited, so check with Priemer to what you have. Also we were given life time membership with priemer from the resort. We bought a year ago March. So for us we were advised by our salesman at a later date not to buy the black diamond, premier, which no longer works there. They just put your weeik into there inventory, and charge more than you get sometimes. Your better off to rent out your week for more on redweek, and use the money towards vacation from premier inventory, RCI is an option, but does add up if putting all four weeks in. Membership plus exchange can run about a $1000 a year for four weeks. so we try to rent out two weeks, it pays for the maintence for the year and then put the other weeks into RCI if we are not using them at the resort. Not sure how new you are to this, but if you are booking outside of Cabo, you have to go through their RCI and pay the exchanage fees. hope this helps. Depends what you have, but a Junior suite goes for rent on red week anyway from $700 to 850.

Carol S.
Nov 14, 2012

j

Kyle R.

Last edited by klaytonr on Jan 11, 2013 01:28 PM

Nov 14, 2012

Totally agree, we were told by our salesman after he had left PB sunset not to do Black Diamond, just to stay with the first level and also if you look at the inventory to use from it is stupid. Your week you deposit just becomes inventory available. Most of it is inventory that members give which is very limited. Lots of Mexico. You can get access to inventory through the Hotel, Car, Air for other places you want to go just like going to Expedia etc. I have not personallity used them yet, but have checked a few things out with the resources they have and have not been too bad. Fairly competative. Also there crusie prices are fairly good. But also noticed that alot of the ones you click on a window comes up that there is no inventory, so why advertise something you do not have.

Carol S.
Aug 25, 2013

I just bought a Pueblo Bonito Premier membership and I am a little concerned about the numerous bad reviews and claims of fraud. I bought the membership only because I was promised the ability to purchase unlimited additional weeks at 4900+ resorts around the world at the price of my maintenance fees ($420 per week or $60 per day). Can you tell me if you were actually able to use "unlimited weeks"? Thanks!

Julia B.
Aug 26, 2013

Read my former posts, Then if you have further questions, ask me. I have not used premier yet, as we have trouble using the time share time we do have as we have a small older dog and recently do not have someone to sit him. You can use your weeks $ credit you get from depositing them into the black diamond if that is what you have the membership in. It can be used towards the air,hotel, car section also with premier. Hopes this helps

Carol S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.