Mar 15, 2012

Please list the pros and cons of both ii and rci

John D.
Mar 16, 2012

It's been a while since we owned timeshares but we belonged to both RCI and II. RCI has the most resorts, however with II (if it hasn't changed) let's you search to find what's available before depositing your week .... with RCI you have to deposit your week to see what's available

R P.
Mar 16, 2012

My opinion is that I wouldn't use RCI at all. They have become a rip off. First you pay a membership fee. Then you deposit your week that you can't get back. Then they charge you a fee to search for an exchange. I haven't been able to get the exchanges I used to get from them. They try to unload the unpopular exchanges and sell the good ones on the open market. They are the main reason I got rid of two timeshares this year.

Don P.
Mar 29, 2012

Yes II has changed, as of the beginning of this year you must deposit your week in order to make an exchange.

Vickie Lee B.
Apr 29, 2012

Not necessarily true. With II I am able to request a transfer, if it comes in then they take it. If it does not then you can still use it.

Christopher L.
Apr 29, 2012

This is not correct. You do not have to deposit your week into II before you try to make the exchange. You can search first and then deposit.

Charles S.

Last edited by charless345 on Apr 29, 2012 07:57 PM

May 01, 2012

You still have to deposit a week before you can put in a request with II. And in order to deposit, you must be current on all your fees, be a member and pay the exchange fee up front.

Joy L.
May 22, 2012

RCI LAWSUIT CLASS ACTION

You May be Entitled to a Payment from a Class Action Settlement About the RCI Points® Exchange Program

A Settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit that claims that RCI, LLC violated certain consumer protection and other laws by renting timeshare inventory deposited by members of the RCI Points Exchange Program. RCI denies it did anything wrong. Am I included? You are included if you (1) Are a resident of the U.S. or its territories, and (2) Were a member of the RCI Points Exchange Program on or before April 25, 2012. If this postcard is addressed to you, you are included in the Settlement unless you exclude yourself. What can I get? If the Settlement is approved, Settlement Class Members who submit Claim Forms may receive a payment. Current members may get $12 and former members may get $10. Claim Forms are due by August 24, 2012. What are my other rights? If you do not want to be legally bound by the Settlement, you must exclude yourself in writing. The exclusion deadline is October 2, 2012. If you stay in the Settlement you will not be able to sue RCI for any claim relating to the issues in this lawsuit. If you stay in the Settlement, you may object to all or any part of it by October 2, 2012. The Court will hold a hearing on November 1, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. to consider whether to approve the Settlement and a request for attorneys' fees, costs, and expenses in the amount of $835,000.00. The Court has appointed attorneys to represent the Class. You may hire your own attorney at your own expense. This Notice is Only a Summary. For Detailed Information and a Claim Form: Visit: www.pointsprogramsettlement.com, Call: 1-866-647-5645 or Write: Settlement Administrator, P.O. Box 2662, Faribault, MN 55021-9662

Alex C.
Sep 14, 2012

I noticed in your comment that you got rid of 2 timeshares....my question is HOW? I know that your comment was from a few months ago, but would appreciate any help on this subject. Thanks Linda

Linda D.
Sep 14, 2012

I called my home resorts and explained to them that I was going to get rid of the two timeshares with or without their assistance. They agreed to take them back using quit claim deeds or known as deed backs. I just had to be current in my maintenance fees and assessments and pay the next years taxes and a minimal processing fee. I got the idea from an article I read in Timesharing Today and it worked for me. I've heard of many different ways people have used to get rid of their timeshares without paying huge upfront fees. It takes a few phone calls and some determination and you can be free of never ending maintenance fees. Good luck.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Sep 14, 2012 04:18 PM

Oct 04, 2012

Linda and others,

I have sold 2 timeshares in the last year on TUG. I recovered what I had paid for them resale. I gave the buyers the option of paying current maint fees to use this years use. Both took it. I have several more units I am going to keep for now. The other way to dispose of unwanted timeshares is to find a reputable company that will list your unit on Ebay WITHOUT AN UPFRONT FEE. You will not recover developer purchase price, if that is what you paid, but if you just want out there are ways. List pricing competitive AGAINST OTHER LISTINGS here and on TUG and if needed kick in closing or this years use. It all depends on how much you want out. MAKE SURE you use a reputable closing company and get a copy of the RECORDED deed in the new owner's name.

Ron D.
Oct 04, 2012

How did you get rid of your 2 timeshares???

Sheila M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.