General Discussion

Luxury Resorts Worldwide

Apr 19, 2012

Has anyone heard of this company and are they legitimate? They offer vacation vouchers for $395.00 for 1-week at many resorts. Is this a scam or not

Kathy M.
Apr 20, 2012

kathym625 wrote:
Has anyone heard of this company and are they legitimate? They offer vacation vouchers for $395.00 for 1-week at many resorts. Is this a scam or not

This looks like some sort of vacation club that you'll have to pay a large upfront fee to join.

R P.
Apr 20, 2012

Also, it's a new website/company dated February 28, 2012. I looked through their FAQ and their legal statements .... looks like, via their legal statements, that they can change contracts at their will and descretion. I would be leery of such a company until it's proven to be trustworthy by the public.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Apr 20, 2012 07:51 AM

Apr 29, 2012

I have removed my post

Shaun F.

Last edited by shaunf11 on May 14, 2012 04:24 PM

Apr 30, 2012

Again, there is more than likely a large upfront fee to join this club AND, as with the other club of the same type with a different name, booking within a 60 day timeframe leaves only the leftovers and run down resorts .... the popular resorts/timeframes have been booked well in advance of 60 days. As I stated above this club, via their legal statements on their webpage, can change contracts at their will and descretion meaning that if you book a week they can retract it for any reason.

Again, I would be leery of such a company until it's proven to be trustworthy by the public and they post their upfront fees to join on their website.

R P.
May 08, 2012

We received a gift voucher for Luxuryresortsworldwide from a friend, who wanted us to go to Mexico and we went to Club Regina Los Cabos in March we both had a great time. No one asked about the timeshare thing and we didn't ask, if it was or was not a timeshare resort. We just went about having the perfect getaway as we both needed to kick back. We don't have kids and so we just got the one bedroom suite. I noticed a comment about a club. This is not a club you don't pay any club fees. We booked ahead to avoid any delays in receiving the confirmation letter as we were concerned we would not get the resort week we both wanted, as there was the 2 families booking the same resort week. This was not a factor we both got what we needed to go to Mexico together.

Glen P.
May 09, 2012

glenp44 wrote:
We received a gift voucher for Luxuryresortsworldwide from a friend, who wanted us to go to Mexico and we went to Club Regina Los Cabos in March we both had a great time. No one asked about the timeshare thing and we didn't ask, if it was or was not a timeshare resort. We just went about having the perfect getaway as we both needed to kick back. We don't have kids and so we just got the one bedroom suite. I noticed a comment about a club. This is not a club you don't pay any club fees. We booked ahead to avoid any delays in receiving the confirmation letter as we were concerned we would not get the resort week we both wanted, as there was the 2 families booking the same resort week. This was not a factor we both got what we needed to go to Mexico together.

You said you received the 'gift voucher' from a friend. How do you know if that friend didn't pay a fee to join the club? Luxury Resorts Worldwide is not about selling timeshares .... they are about selling memberships into their travel club.

R P.
May 17, 2012

Thanks’ for the explanation

Terry W.
May 17, 2012

This is fine if your members are not particular about the resort or location as at 60 days out your inventory are mainly left overs or less desirable resorts. The more desirable resort/times will be snapped up very quickly.

R P.

Last edited by marty8084 on May 29, 2012 03:59 AM

May 17, 2012

Reviews on Luxury Resorts Worldwide at www.tripadvisor.com ..... buyer beware:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10700-k5332560-Luxury_Resorts_Worldwide-Timeshares_Vacation_Rentals.html

R P.
May 21, 2012

Hello Every One !!!! No one asked about the time share thing and we did't ask, If It was or was not a time share resort. We just went about having the perfect getaway as we both needed to kick back. As I started above this. If you book a week they can retract it for any reason.

Watson W.

Last edited by marty8084 on May 29, 2012 03:56 AM

May 22, 2012

One more time .... buyer beware:

Reviews on Luxury Resorts Worldwide at www.tripadvisor.com ..... buyer beware:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10700-k5332560-Luxury_Resorts_Worldwide -Timeshares_Vacation_Rentals.html

R P.
May 23, 2012

joer312 wrote:
Hello JayJay,

Not sure what you are referencing. Of the thousands who have taken advantage of our voucher program, the single person reviews of Melinda, that experienced a challenge during her initial booking attempt, actually ended up getting the exact resort she desired. She was delighted!

The second person of reference (Tangela) had her question answered regarding a security deposit. That is a standard practice of most hotels or resorts to protect themselves, and has nothing to do with our program. However her 3 bedroom cottage did not require one.

Your implication to the inventory being anything short of excellent is purely false. We have the best inventory in the market, not considering the best price.

Thanks.

Sarah

All you have to do is click on the link I posted from Trip Advisor above. Melinda's last post (dated May 17, 2012) states plainly:

"It's to bad LRW didn't train their employees to transfer this information to it's customers. I was dealing via email with a Joe Russo and he seemed like he didn't have a clue.

You also claim the resorts you offer are class resorts. The resorts I looked into that were available for my destination had terriable reviews from previous customers.

And it seems popular destinations like Florida have very few resorts to choose from.

Also, your email notifications for confirmations do not have any set timeframe. I received the confirmation that you received my request to book and 6 days later after talking to a Gloria did I receive a confirmation that someone beat me to it. I would rather pay more money for a reservation I can be sure of. We all live and learn.

I have spent many years taking customer service seminars and how to improve relations with your customers. Maybe you should do the same".

R P.

Last edited by marty8084 on May 29, 2012 03:59 AM

May 23, 2012

Also, you seem to be referencing someone named Tangela in the post below .... shouldn't the security deposit come from the socalled voucher:

"Hello Tangela,

This is not an additional fee. A security deposit is a deposit hotels, resorts and spas require for anyone staying overnight at their facilities to protect against damages, theft, etc. This is either a credit card imprint or cash deposit. Again, if you don't do anything that would warrant use of your security deposit as referenced above, it is never used by the facility".

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on May 23, 2012 07:43 AM

May 24, 2012

Hello JayJay,

In response to your question, shouldn't the voucher include the security deposit?

A security deposit has nothing to do with our voucher. A security deposit is not a fee, but a 'deposit' in case of damages caused by the guest.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Sarah

Joe R.
May 24, 2012

Hello,

Luxury Resorts Worldwide article in the L.A. Times (not a press release).

http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/la-trb-zosi-eight-day-vacation-20120523,0,7188356.story

The best vacation for the best price.

Enjoy!

Joe R.
May 25, 2012

It's odd to me, that all of a sudden and out of the blue, you secured a resort that poster Melinda was seeking.

I get so tired of people like you posting ads on Redweek's forums ... where are Redweek's moderators ?????

R P.

Last edited by marty8084 on May 29, 2012 04:01 AM

May 27, 2012

man... unless you a competor or fired employe -what you doin? you talk smack, others tell there story, you call em liars. you talk smack & cry when resoert girl sarah respond. get a life & take a vac.they got one for 395

sick of smack

Terrell K.
Jun 13, 2012

I started the forum so I guess I should tell you that I did purchase the voucher. I just booked the resort that I wanted and the process was flawless. I am very impressed with them.

Kathy M.
Jun 14, 2012

kathym625 wrote:
I started the forum so I guess I should tell you that I did purchase the voucher. I just booked the resort that I wanted and the process was flawless. I am very impressed with them.

Again, for anyone thinking of joining this company then please read all the reviews on Trip Advisor (copy and paste url):

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10700-k5332560-o10-Luxury_Resorts_Worldwide-Timeshares_Vacation_Rentals.html

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on May 03, 2013 07:28 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.