Timeshare Exchanges

Is there a way to know how strong my trading power is going to be?

Apr 23, 2012

I recently purchased a Timeshare at The Ocean Beach Club in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Week 23, first week in June, right on the beach, ocean front, side of building, lock-out style, etc. According to what I can see Virginia Beach seems to have very high trading power, and the resort I bought at is a "gold leaf" property with II. For some reason it takes 6 weeks or so to get set up with all the proper documentation, etc. before I can actually receive a log in for the II system and start playing around. Does anyone know: 1. What will my trading power actually be with this unit? 2. How long does it usually take to get set up in the II system? I have been waiting for three weeks now. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Randall L.
Apr 24, 2012

I have only a 2005-2006 II wishbook ..... looks like week 23 in Virginia Beach is in the travel demand index as being in the 'Peak Exchange Period'. .... the fact that you own an ocean front week also is to your advantage as kids are normally out of school starting in June, the fact you have a lock-off and the fact that your resort is rated so highly. It can take awhile for your membership to be set up with II .... I know the waiting is excruciating for you but June is just around the corner.

R P.
Jun 19, 2013

Look at your paperwork. Gold key sells many units as fixed/float. It is a fixed week as long as you use it but when you deposit it, it becomes float and gold key chooses which week to deposit in your Interval account. It may be week 23 or it may be week 5. If this is the case your trading power may be very bad. In general they deposit very few peak summer weeks even for owners of those weeks. You will have priority to trade back in gold key resorts. If you have a true fixed week and they have have to deposit your week 23 you should do pretty well but just know that outside of Florida, Williamsburg and NC mountains, the East Coast does not get a lot of summer deposits in II.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.