General Discussion

Red Wishes

Oct 14, 2012

there was no abuse whatsoever. thats a cop out.i found it very useful. these dopes aren;t listening to their customers

Bill F.
Oct 15, 2012

billf4 wrote:
there was no abuse whatsoever. thats a cop out.i found it very useful. these dopes aren;t listening to their customers

Did you monitor Red Wishes on a daily basis. If not then you have no idea if there was abuse or not.

BTW, people are using the forums now as Red Wishes which is also abuse.

R P.
Oct 16, 2012

I too would like to see Red Wishes come back. It would be helpful to know what people are wanting to rent.

Melody M.
Oct 16, 2012

so what

Yes, i monitored daiy

JAYJAY you are the board troll

Bill F.
Oct 17, 2012

your link is not relevant for a red wish. The link you provided only works if I'm selling (WHICH I AM NOT) or renting (WHICH I AM NOT)

What I need is a category for a " RED WISH" IF YOU WANT TO COLLECT YOUR 9.95 for my wish, fine. But you need to open up the category called WISH

I would be very happy to request a bonnet creek at christmas 12/23-12/30 in a 2 bedroom in this proposed new category

Bill F.
Oct 17, 2012

Wonderful point bill I started this posting and for quite a while people were just accepting their(RedWeek) decision to remove it. But if you read all of these postings to this subject you will see the deception in RedWeek's words. They will still keep this service from you & I and all of the other members who have paid their accounts in full for a service that is now something I only use to reply to THIS topic on the forum. In other words it is useless to me. Instead of removing bad postings, or holding a posting for approval(by the way there is a web site that does that) it is more profitable for them to sell you an ad. There may or may not be a response from the management but it will not matter, bottom line at the end of the day you and I will not have RedWishes. I have 2 rentals in Kauai in November that I had rented and now have fallen through and that would have been the first place I would look to fill them. Now I paid for that service when I signed up but...... Yup, just grin & bear, as long as too many people complain nothing will be done. There is strength in numbers, 1,2,3 people do not matter. I have said this before. A squeaky wheel gets the oil. Thank you all who have had a comment on this subject. Mike C

Michael C.
Oct 18, 2012

This was posted by a Redweek employee in another thread:

"Thank you all for your feedback regarding the RedWish pages. As Maurice stated in the other Forums thread on this topic, abuse was the primary reason we chose to discontinue the RedWish pages. The staff hours spent policing the pages became too cost prohibitive given the declining number of RedWish postings purchased year over year.

While we do plan on launching a new service to replace RedWishes, it will be of a completely different format.

If you purchased a RedWeek membership solely for access to the RedWish pages, please let us know within 30 days of your purchase and we would be happy to issue a refund".

Regards,

Alisa Stephens RedWeek.com Executive Producer

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Oct 18, 2012 05:42 AM

Oct 18, 2012

alisa,

just add a wish category and i will pay you 9.95. the old system was free and if you think people were beating you out of the fee wont happen as they will have to pay a fee for the wish

I just posted my wish over at tug wish was free tug.org but i would prefer to use you

Bill F.
Oct 18, 2012

I agree, people would be glad to pay a small amout to be able to get the word out what they are looking for. alot of owners do not necessary put there places up for rent untill a certain time of year and it would be great if one had heads up if someone wanted to trade or rent there unit. We need to outdue RCI and maybe we can get some decent exchanges by putting our need out there.We give RCI our units and they rent them out and others do not get a chance to exchange them. Even if we had to pay $50 to exchange for posting a ad it still will be cheaper. We have to look after each other, be a team. I look up to a year in advance for places in RCI and very often no avail. that somehow seems wrong. Lots avail for places that you would not go in the season avail. And this paying the $119 to join your weeks is so unproductive. Why not let our memhers benifit from being timeshare owners and turn this industry around to make it easier to use the timeshares and not cost a arm and a leg to do so. Having the time share rentals on the resorts is great too, they still are good for those who are looking for rentals, red wishes should be for just timeshare owners looking to exhange or rent if not listed on the resort. That would make it more fair for those listing there rentals under the resort for rent.

Carol S.
Oct 19, 2012

It's amazing that people will hand over thousands of dollars to scammers to rent or sell their timeshares but cry about paying a small fee to advertise it on this website or others. I belong to the National Timeshare Owners Association. It's an organization for timeshare owners that represents us. They are actively pursuing legislation to protect timeshare owners rights but they are being out spent by the timeshare industry. I also get a subscription to Timesharing Today with my membership. I find the publication to be very imformative. There is also a section where you can sell and rent your properties. I find it's a small price to pay to have a voice in the industry. I encourage everyone to join. There is strength in numbers.

Don P.
Nov 01, 2012

I agree with you! Red Wishes allowed those who wish to rent out their time share to connect with someone who is looking to rent a timeshare. Red Wishes was the reason I originally joined RedWeek.com

Kathy B.
Jan 09, 2013

Please bring redwish back. I have paid your membership for probably 8 or 9 years and have made many contacts thru red wish, on the other hand I have also listed units for rent numerous times and have only limited success because the dates did not match exactley what some people were looking for. With redwish they can tell us exact dates they are looking for, and with my point system that I am part of I am able book specific dates much easier that way. Without redwish I probable will not renew my membership anymore

Jim M.
Jan 20, 2013

I just came online to check my For Rent add & noticed Red Wishes was no longer available. I was looking forward to requesting a Red Wish. I relied on Red Wishes to help me find what I want. Please put back our Red Wish . I am a Senior Citizen, living on a fixed, low Retirement income & cannot afford to pay the high rates to advertise on Redweek, to rent ot to sell. Soon I will have two timeshare weeks to sell. When you add up all of these, then you can see how expensive it is for us Seniors that have very little monthly income. This is why I have to sell all of my Timeshare weeks. I do realize that the advertising on the Redweek site is far less expensive then advertising then in our local newspaper & that I'm thankful for. God Bless You all. Barbara

Barbara M.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jan 20, 2013 05:16 PM

Jan 21, 2013

barbaram11 wrote:
I just came online to check my For Rent add & noticed Red Wishes was no longer available. I was looking forward to requesting a Red Wish. I relied on Red Wishes to help me find what I want. Please put back our Red Wish . I am a Senior Citizen, living on a fixed, low Retirement income & cannot afford to pay the high rates to advertise on Redweek, to rent ot to sell. Soon I will have two timeshare weeks to sell. When you add up all of these, then you can see how expensive it is for us Seniors that have very little monthly income. This is why I have to sell all of my Timeshare weeks. I do realize that the advertising on the Redweek site is far less expensive then advertising then in our local newspaper & that I'm thankful for. God Bless You all. Barbara

Redweek is not a charity ..... it is an income producing business .... people were abusing Red Wishes by using it to advertise rather than pay the ad fees.

Redweek is reasonable with their fees .... it's much better to pay their fees than to hand over thousands of dollars to an upfront fee timeshare resale scam or a bogus charity.

The main problem with many that post their timeshare ads on Redweek is they way overprice what anyone is willing to pay for a resale.

R P.
Jan 21, 2013

jayjay wrote:
I realize that many people will take advantage & use Redweek OR Red Wishes, to serve thier purpose, to avoid having to pay for thier services. I am sure that it's no different on this site. I personally have sacrificed to be able to adverise my timeshare week's for rent, on Redweek. I have even purchased timeshare weeks from Redweek. Let's hope they will come up soon with another way for us to have our Red Wishes fulfilled.
barbaram11 wrote:

Redweek is not a charity ..... it is an income producing business .... people were abusing Red Wishes by using it to advertise rather than pay the ad fees.

Redweek is reasonable with their fees .... it's much better to pay their fees than to hand over thousands of dollars to an upfront fee timeshare resale scam or a bogus charity.

The main problem with many that post their timeshare ads on Redweek is they way overprice what anyone is willing to pay for a resale.

Barbara M.
Jan 21, 2013

JayJay is the board idiot. No one here is abusing anything. We are willing to pay 9.95 to list our wish

If the dope could read, we are asking asking for a forum to list our wishes and we will gratefully pay 9.95.

JAYJAY IS aBUSING everyone on this board

Bill F.
Jan 21, 2013

I'll bet if Jayjay had feeings you would hurt them.

Don P.
Jan 22, 2013

Reinstate RedWishes.

Gail W.
Jan 22, 2013

If Jayjay was in Germany in 1940, hed be turning the jews over to the gestopo.

He has reported us many times, oh the inhumanity!

Bill F.
Jan 22, 2013

I'm sorry, but why is this forum or board being used to bash people? If you strongly disagree with what another member is saying, just take it for what it's worth, & move on. I do believe that we all should be able to voice our opinions, but there are nice ways of saying what we think.

billf4 wrote:
JayJay is the board idiot. No one here is abusing anything. We are willing to pay 9.95 to list our wish

If the dope could read, we are asking asking for a forum to list our wishes and we will gratefully pay 9.95.

JAYJAY IS aBUSING everyone on this board

Barbara M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.