Sapphire Beach Club

2012 Maintenance Fees

Jun 14, 2012

Is anyone else having trouble getting their invoice for 2012 maintenance fees? We still havent received an invoice an it's already June. Emails to my usual contact came back undeliverable and I've emailed Sales and Marketing and they dont reply. Trying to avoid having to make an international phone call. We've been owners for 10 years and past 2 years I have to bug them to get my invoice. Frustrating.

Louise S.
Aug 13, 2012

I just got a dunning letter from them today. I have requested a bill twice and now there are 2 special assessments. I wanted to pay the bill in December when I was there and they did not want to accept a payment.

Lee S.
Aug 13, 2012

I got a dunning letter today too with the special assessment! Any idea what that assessment is for? I finally broke down and started calling them but I get put into the maintenance fee person's voice mail all 4 times I've called. Left detailed messages with phone & email address and not one single response and now they're threatening to send to collection agency. At least I finally know what the 2012 fee was, that is all I was trying to find out.

Louise S.
Mar 03, 2014

My husband & I have owned at Sapphire Beach for well over 10 years, the first several years we went there it was beautiful, it used to be an RCI Gold Crown resort. We stayed there 3 years ago and were appalled at how it had fallen into disrepair, just really gross. So today I tried to deposit our 2014 week, after months of chasing them down to even GET an email invoice in order to pay the maintenance fee. We have stopped receiving any mail from them for the past few years. I tried to do the deposit online, did not work so called RCI directly. They said any deposits by owners at Sapphire Beach are blocked due to it being a "Disaster Damage Area" & told me to call the resort. I did, and I talked to Gina who has something to do with maintenance fees. She told me that Wyndham is no longer associated with Sapphire Beach and that the "owners" of Sapphire Beach are negotiating with RCI and that the situation MIGHT be cleared up in a few weeks. We are now considering stopping payment on our check we sent them for 2014 maintenance fees as they seem to have us in the cross hairs & we will probably get swindled out of the maintenance fee. I would like to hear from any other owners who are having a similar problem PLEASE ! And what you plan to do about it...thanks

louises72 wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble getting their invoice for 2012 maintenance fees? We still havent received an invoice an it's already June. Emails to my usual contact came back undeliverable and I've emailed Sales and Marketing and they dont reply. Trying to avoid having to make an international phone call. We've been owners for 10 years and past 2 years I have to bug them to get my invoice. Frustrating.

Sarah C.
Mar 03, 2014

try this email address

gguerina@sbcwi.com

Lee S.
Dec 29, 2014

Greetings I have had trouble for 2 years getting a hold of anyone at Saphire Beach Club. Haven't received an invoice in a couple of years. No answers or phone calls returned. My last years invoice was sent to collections and cost me over $850 to pay so as not to ruin my credit. Now it's December and still no answer, invoice or anything. I have heard it's in great distress and in need of may repairs. I don't want to pay anymore and worry they will go to collections again. Anyone still having trouble? Anyone interested in starting a class action lawsuit! Please let me know if you have any info or know who I can call to get this resolved. At this point I would give my time share away for FREE! That is if anyone would dare to take it. Thank you Rebecca

sarahc295 wrote:
My husband & I have owned at Sapphire Beach for well over 10 years, the first several years we went there it was beautiful, it used to be an RCI Gold Crown resort. We stayed there 3 years ago and were appalled at how it had fallen into disrepair, just really gross. So today I tried to deposit our 2014 week, after months of chasing them down to even GET an email invoice in order to pay the maintenance fee. We have stopped receiving any mail from them for the past few years. I tried to do the deposit online, did not work so called RCI directly. They said any deposits by owners at Sapphire Beach are blocked due to it being a "Disaster Damage Area" & told me to call the resort. I did, and I talked to Gina who has something to do with maintenance fees. She told me that Wyndham is no longer associated with Sapphire Beach and that the "owners" of Sapphire Beach are negotiating with RCI and that the situation MIGHT be cleared up in a few weeks. We are now considering stopping payment on our check we sent them for 2014 maintenance fees as they seem to have us in the cross hairs & we will probably get swindled out of the maintenance fee. I would like to hear from any other owners who are having a similar problem PLEASE ! And what you plan to do about it...thanks

louises72 wrote:

Rebecca B.
Jan 09, 2015

I have not received my 2015 fees yet. This happened several years ago and we were sent to collection. It took a month to resolve. As we are RCI members we cannot bank or echange until fees are paid. I have no correct phone nymbers to contact Sapphire directly. Does anyone else?

Sandra B.
Jan 12, 2015

I have not received our 2015 maintenance fees either. The email address used to send credit card information for payment came back not deliverable. I don't know how to get in contact with them. This has been going on for several years. They don't give you a way to pay and then send your name to a collection agency. So I guess the collection agency is their means of collecting maintenance fees. This timeshare is a rope around my neck.

sandrab181 wrote:
I have not received my 2015 fees yet. This happened several years ago and we were sent to collection. It took a month to resolve. As we are RCI members we cannot bank or echange until fees are paid. I have no correct phone nymbers to contact Sapphire directly. Does anyone else?

Alayne H.
Jan 24, 2015

This has been happening to me for a few years now. No invoice and all emails come back undeliverable. I left voicemails but no response. Somehow managed to pay but was late one year. Once I paid then two months later got a letter saying they were going to collections. Now the Sapphire is on suspension! I was using it to do exchanges through RCI. My RCI membership is paid through 2017 and I can't use the exchange system. Can we even use our home week at Sapphire? Not that I want to. How do I get rid of this nightmare??

Jennifer J.
Jan 25, 2015

I had the same experience in 2012. Was actually sent to collection as I never received a bill. What a battle to repair. As I am 71 and tired of playing this game with Sapphire and as you probably have been informed RCI will no longer exchange in or out of there, I do not intend to pay maintence fees and could care less if they try the collection route for 2015 fees. I believe the letter from RCI will help defer any legal action against owners. I t would be great if we all were able to file a cleass action suit. Any lawyers out there caught in this mess? Sandy

alayneh2 wrote:
I have not received our 2015 maintenance fees either. The email address used to send credit card information for payment came back not deliverable. I don't know how to get in contact with them. This has been going on for several years. They don't give you a way to pay and then send your name to a collection agency. So I guess the collection agency is their means of collecting maintenance fees. This timeshare is a rope around my neck.

sandrab181 wrote:

Sandra B.
Jan 26, 2015

Have owned for over 10 years, also had to bug them for the past few years to even get an invoice. About a year ago RCI told me the resort was in a "Disaster state" when I repeatedly tried to deposit my week after paying the maint fees. Now we got this letter from RCI, they have washed their hands of Sapphire Beach. My question is - has anyone tried to dispose of their Sapphire Beach timeshare with one of those companies that claim to take them off your hands ?

Sarah C.
Jan 27, 2015

I would LOVE to dispose of my week there. However I can never get a hold of them. Voice mails go unreturned, emails get ignored or return as undeliverable. If ANYONE has any current contact info at Sapphire that has worked I would LOVE to try and return my week!!!!

Jennifer J.
Jan 28, 2015

I would like to try and start a class action lawsuit against Saphire Beach. I still have not recieved 2014 fees and once again can't get a hold of anyone. This has become a yearly occurence and I have no doubt they will send my fee to a collection agency. Is anyone on board with this? Thanks for your response. Rebecca

Rebecca B.
Jan 28, 2015

If I knew any way to start a class action lawsuit Id be all over it. I am disappointed in Sapphire. Think of how many owners are affected. There are a few threads with owners on travel talk forums and TUG forums. Everyone's pretty irritated. This timeshare week is a waste to me now.

Jennifer J.
Feb 27, 2015

Success!!! I sent an email a month ago that I pretty much just forwarded to every working email address I had at Sapphire. I got no response or phone call (not surprised) but today I received an email document stating that my request to cancel my contract has been processed! I am officially done with the headache of Sapphire Beach Club! What a relief! I am sad to lose my timeshare however I will purchase another.

Jennifer J.
Feb 28, 2015

jennifer, Please post the email address at Sapphire that responded to your cancel contract request. I want to do the same thing. I did not know we could just tell them we wanted to cancel our contract and they would do it. Thanks

Alayne H.
Mar 01, 2015

I started this thread back in 2012 & every year has been a nightmare. I did receive 2015 invoice in January. Email & fax attempts to pay didn't seem to work as the payment never hit my credit card. Received letter threatening collection agency this month so I mailed payment to the Florida address and payment finally posted to my credit card so that address must still be good. It's Sapphire Beach Club BVL N.V., PO Box 523882, Miami FL 33152-3882. Jennifer, any insight into how you worded your cancellation request or what email address responded would be greatly appreciated. The two weeks I have there are completely paid for, all I pay each yr is maintenance which is throwing money away. I will walk away from these to get out of this mess. Thanks

Louise S.
Mar 15, 2015

Hi, I ended up e-mailing every contact I had there at Sapphire but I got no replies. I basically said "Due to the RCI suspension I want to give back my week."

Anyway a month went by after doing this (and getting no reply) and suddenly one day I received an email with a document stating that my relinquish request was complete and I no longer had a contract obligation there.

The person who sent this to me was Eunice Bentinck. I had never heard of her despite having owned for 7 or 8 years now. I suppose one of my e-mails made it to someone who then forwarded it to her.

Her contact is: ebentinck@sbcwi.com tel # 721 545 2179 x 501

Good luck! I have since picked up a new timeshare in Orlando near Disney. I am extremely wary of buying a timeshare in the Caribbean now after all of these years of problems trying to pay fees and get a hold of someone. From what I've read recently in numerous forums, Sapphire isn't the only resort to be experiencing timeshare issues lately.

Jennifer J.
Mar 15, 2015

We also emailed Euhice Bentinck asking to relinquish our time share week at Sapphire. Happy to report we received confirmation it has been done. Let you know if our account ends up in collection.

Sandra B.
Mar 15, 2015

Had you paid your maintenance fees for 2015 yet? I paid ours early in October and banked our week quickly. So I'm hoping I'll be in the clear next year.

Are you concerned about collections because of 2015 maintenance fees?

Jennifer J.

Last edited by jenniferj375 on Mar 15, 2015 05:46 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.