Timeshare Companies

Murray and McGuire Management Group/M&M Mgmt. Group

Jul 24, 2012

It's smelling like a SCAM..... Out of the Blue, I received a call from a Brian A. Hall, (214) 736-9572 of M&M Mgmt. Group, in Dallas, Tx. wondering if we wanted to sell our Mayan "Palace" Timeshare in Mexico.... It sounded somewhat credible, as he stated that he worked for the Holiday Group. in Seattle, Wa. and was involved when we upgraded our Tahoe Seasons Resort property to the Mayan palace in 2006. He was also un aware that we had upgraded our 1 BR Mayan palace to a 2 BR Grand Mayan.... He said that he has a Corporation that wants to buy our unit as a tax writeoff. He initially offered $48,250... went up to $58,500 after he learned of the 2 BR... and now says that $64,000 is sitting in Escrow, with Pioneer Financial and Closing Services (Walter Bergman) Chicago, Ill. (312) 488-1878/1901 He offered us time to review the contract with our Lawyer, whomever...

Everything has sounded to be on the up and up, but why would someone call us out of the blue? Also, give us that kind of money? They haven't asked for any monies yet, except for an 8% commission, whether it sells or not. Comments?

Ken E.
Jul 24, 2012

It's a scam. Read the posts in the rooms. They lure you in with an unbelievable offer to buy your timeshare. We all know that there is no market for timeshares right now. They claim there are no upfront fees, but as soon as they set the hook they claim there is " taxes " , " appraisal fees " or some kind of " fee " that has to be paid before they can process your sale. If you are dumb enough to send them the money then they come up with another fee that mysteriously comes out of nowhere because they have realized the have a " sucker " on the line. It's best to ignore these scammers and keep your money. Just remember the first rule " if it's too good to be true than it's really too good to be true " .

Don P.
Jul 24, 2012

Correction: The closing company is Premier Financial and Closing Services, not Pioneer as noted earlier.

Question: Has anyone ever had a successful business transaction (Timeshare resale) with M&M Mgmt Group, and Premier Financial..... and were happy?

I found this forum (Redweek.com) but wonder if I will get a straight answer, as this site is a competitor with the people that I am asking about?

Thanks

Ken E.
Jul 25, 2012

kene78 wrote:
Correction: The closing company is Premier Financial and Closing Services, not Pioneer as noted earlier.

Question: Has anyone ever had a successful business transaction (Timeshare resale) with M&M Mgmt Group, and Premier Financial..... and were happy?

I found this forum (Redweek.com) but wonder if I will get a straight answer, as this site is a competitor with the people that I am asking about?

Thanks

The posters on Redweek's forums do not work for Redweek so your comment that forum posters are competitors to M&M is ridiculous. Posters here warn readers of scams in the timeshare industry .... if you doubt that they're a scam then go for it, but I'd caution you to do your homework backwards and forwards and in and out BECAUSE they're so many scams involving such, especially in the resale industry.

R P.
Jul 26, 2012

kene78 wrote:

Thanks

RedWeek is just an advertising site that's reasonably priced. When someone signs up to use RedWeek, he is told that this is an advertising site.

These scams might be competitors in that they also advertise. But they scam owners by telling them that they are a sales service, rather than an advertising service.

So you asked if "anyone ever had a successful business transaction with [this company]....and were happy?" Chances are between slim and nil - closer to nil.

What did this company offer you and what are you hoping to get out of them?

Lance C.
Jul 28, 2012

Sorry, Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers..... They are trying to sell timeshares (supposedly) and redweek has Timeshares for sale... So the comparison...

Ken E.
Jul 28, 2012

They offered me $58,500 for my 2 br Grand Mayan, plus $5850 to reimburse me for the xfer fees. I refused to give them any money up front, and they went away.

Ken E.
Jul 29, 2012

kene78 wrote:
They offered me $58,500 for my 2 br Grand Mayan, plus $5850 to reimburse me for the xfer fees. I refused to give them any money up front, and they went away.

Key words ..... "if it sounds too good to be true then 99.9% it's a scam" .... kudos to you for not giving them any money ..... that's all they wanted (that upfront fee) and you'd never hear from them again.

R P.
Sep 13, 2012

Company Name: ANY COMPANY ASKING FOR A FEE IN ADVANCE

WE are currently investigating a group of companies who are involved in SUPOSEDLY buying and selling Time Shares in Mexico and many other countries.

We are warning you, that any company that is asking you for tax fees, broker fees, certificate fees, legal fees and ask you to send the funds because they will be returned to you IS A SCAM. THE FOLLOWING COMPANIES AND NAMES ARE SCAMS

http://www.apfinancialsolutions.com/

http://www.bsmanagements.com/

http://www.totalcrediting.com/index_english.html

http://www.FamilyOfficePartnership.com

http://www.exclusive-propertymanagement.com/

http://www.thegarnergroup.com/buyer-info

http://www.all-starequityinternational.com

http://globalequityvalue.com/

Premier Financial and Closing Services

Pioneer Financial and Closing Services

NAMES INVOLVED

Timothy Ritter, Lorraine Sanchez, Caroline Mendoza, and Roger Miller Jorge Nunez Walter Bergman

REGARDS, RODOLFO BENITEZ CENTRAL AMERICAN INVESTIGATIONS GROUP WWW.CENTRALAMERICANINVESTIGATIONS.C

Central A.
Sep 18, 2012

I to have been contacted by M&M management wanting to buy my timeshare. I am waiting to get their info by e-mail. Yes they sounded legit as they said I could contact my lawyer with the info that they are sending me. I knew it was to good to be true. I would never give money to these scammers but if they want my timeshare they can have it as it is getting too expensive to keep. I also was contacted by a sales rep making me an offer to buy another timeshare which I refused as I said I cannot afford to buy and don't want the one I have. He told me that I don't have to pay the maintenance fee if I am not using it. So if I can't sell it then that is what I will do - just stop paying out money that I don't have. I have put it on redweek to rent but no takers.

Leona R.
Sep 18, 2012

same thing happened to me. It sounds too good to be true but would be nice wouldn't it? Well I guess we can dream on.

kene78 wrote:
It's smelling like a SCAM..... Out of the Blue, I received a call from a Brian A. Hall, (214) 736-9572 of M&M Mgmt. Group, in Dallas, Tx. wondering if we wanted to sell our Mayan "Palace" Timeshare in Mexico.... It sounded somewhat credible, as he stated that he worked for the Holiday Group. in Seattle, Wa. and was involved when we upgraded our Tahoe Seasons Resort property to the Mayan palace in 2006. He was also un aware that we had upgraded our 1 BR Mayan palace to a 2 BR Grand Mayan.... He said that he has a Corporation that wants to buy our unit as a tax writeoff. He initially offered $48,250... went up to $58,500 after he learned of the 2 BR... and now says that $64,000 is sitting in Escrow, with Pioneer Financial and Closing Services (Walter Bergman) Chicago, Ill. (312) 488-1878/1901 He offered us time to review the contract with our Lawyer, whomever...

Everything has sounded to be on the up and up, but why would someone call us out of the blue? Also, give us that kind of money? They haven't asked for any monies yet, except for an 8% commission, whether it sells or not. Comments?

Leona R.
Sep 18, 2012

It's a scam. They make an offer that is too good to be true to lure you in. They make claims they can't produce and they get you to sign a contract that you don't understand. Run as fast as you can away from the scammers.

Don P.
Sep 18, 2012

Yes, I'll respond to this message. Just this afternoon I was going over a contract to sell my Timeshare at The Reef Regency in Cozumel for a most attractive price with Bruce Davidson, my "Agent" from M & M Management Group. He had assured me several times the previous day that I would not have to come up with any monies prior to the closing. I repeatedly asked him about paragraph 6 which states "The owner agrees that interest on encumbrances, taxes, insurance, past due balances, ownership transfer fees and/or existing liens shall be paid by the Owner PRIOR to the time of the closing. He had told me several times that the purchasers had already deposited $3,960 to Premier Financial and Closing Services (Angel Sanchez), to cover these expenses. He danced around Robin Hood's Barn, causing me great confusion. Finally Bruce did admit that I would have to send to Premier $3,960 before the contract could close. You are so correct - SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!! Oh boy, I am still angry after 5 hours. I was really looking forward to that "windfall". Que sera, sera.

kene78 wrote:

Tracy G.
Oct 11, 2012

I got offer for my timeshare, did you sell yours??? Please respond.

Boris K.
Oct 14, 2012

I am in the process of what I think is a sale of our timeshare with M & M in Dallas TX and Premier Financial in Chicago. It has been a bit of a run around with wire transfers and I am into it for many thousands. They sound very legitimate but after reading a few of these articles I am starting to wonder. Just wait a bit so I can let you know how mine turns out.

Roger T.
Oct 14, 2012

Have you had any success with this sale? I too was called out of the blue. I am wondering how do they get everyone's phone number. I have been dealing with this since June and it is about to close after one last wire transfer that I am not sure that I want to send. Apparently the Mexican Gov wants there piece of the pie and is charging sales tax and now excess income tax!?! Any one else heard of this?

tracyg157 wrote:
Yes, I'll respond to this message. Just this afternoon I was going over a contract to sell my Timeshare at The Reef Regency in Cozumel for a most attractive price with Bruce Davidson, my "Agent" from M & M Management Group. He had assured me several times the previous day that I would not have to come up with any monies prior to the closing. I repeatedly asked him about paragraph 6 which states "The owner agrees that interest on encumbrances, taxes, insurance, past due balances, ownership transfer fees and/or existing liens shall be paid by the Owner PRIOR to the time of the closing. He had told me several times that the purchasers had already deposited $3,960 to Premier Financial and Closing Services (Angel Sanchez), to cover these expenses. He danced around Robin Hood's Barn, causing me great confusion. Finally Bruce did admit that I would have to send to Premier $3,960 before the contract could close. You are so correct - SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!! Oh boy, I am still angry after 5 hours. I was really looking forward to that "windfall". Que sera, sera.

kene78 wrote:

Roger T.
Oct 15, 2012

No I finally didn't get involved after they wanted $5850 up front. They said that they would put me on a list to be contacted when they come up with a buyer that doesn't want any money up front.....but they deal would be for less money, probably.... haven't heard a word. I wonder why Brian A Hall's name is not listed on people involved on this scam? Did you see the warning prior to your message on Red Week about the SCAM, listing Websites and people's names involved?

Ken E.
Oct 15, 2012

You didn't list M & M Management Group i.e. Murphy and Maguire of Dallas, Texas... Are they part of this investigation? I know that they use Premier Financial and Closing Services (Walter Bergman).....

Ken E.
Oct 15, 2012

rogert67 wrote:
Have you had any success with this sale? I too was called out of the blue. I am wondering how do they get everyone's phone number. I have been dealing with this since June and it is about to close after one last wire transfer that I am not sure that I want to send. Apparently the Mexican Gov wants there piece of the pie and is charging sales tax and now excess income tax!?! Any one else heard of this?

Unless you have money to throw down the toilet, do not, I repeat DO NOT wire any money anywhere .... this is a scam like all the other timeshare related scams.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Oct 15, 2012 09:03 AM

Oct 15, 2012

BTW, to all of those questioning if this company is a scam or not .... be aware that you've been forewarned.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.