Sapphire Residences

Mexico Advocate Team or Group, Coco Sunset, Executive Properites, omniCorp

Mar 07, 2013

I have been dealing with the BBB a month now. Omnicorp did respond to them. Omnicorp asked me, through the BBB to email them asking me to take my owned timeshares off the resale list, remove my event week rentals from the pool, and send IDs of people on the contract. I thought this was strange because in an earlier email they told me if I didn't tell the BBB the problem was resolved, this action would already happen. I'm a little confused on some of the blogs. I paid Omnicorp to sell my timeshares. The weeks I bought for rental went to our resort. I might be in a different situation (I paid in full,cash directly to the resort for the rentals and I got my money back for future time at this resort). If you paid money directly to your resort, they have your money. I'm only out about $1150, and I feel lucky. I'm going after Omnicorp for my $1150 throught the BBB. I don't expect to see any money returned, but I hope my report to the BBB is the first knife in the heart of Omnicorp, because until I receive a full refund, it will never be resolved. I might suggest you threaten legal action against your resort for misrepresentation and if you paid any money to your resort demand it back, because if they didn't know what they were selling, it may be fraudulent. You might have a stronger chance of a class action suit against your resort . Good luck, all.

James B.
Mar 07, 2013

You are right. I just filed a complaint with the BBB. I have not heard anything back from them yet. The "planning" fee paid to Omnicorp was for the sale of my timeshare and listing of my rental weeks. I would be happy to get the $1150.00 back and I am using the internet to expose Scott Riggs @ Omnicorp and Cindy Kidd @ Coco Sunset Vacation Club. Cindy is the person that put me in contact with Scott while in Costa Rica. Wow....I never thought I would fall for a scam. My next question would be if I quit paying my maitenance fees at Coco Sunset will it go against my credit rating or can they sue me???? I personally want to walk away from it all and not look back. In my opinion Playas el Coco Guanacaste Costa Rica is an armpit of Costa Rica.

Daniel T.
Mar 07, 2013

I have also sent complaints to the BBB in Springfield, Ill. I also bought time at Coco Sunset because I trusted Cindy Kidd. I am wondering the same thing about not paying the maintenance fee. Please let me know what you find out.

I was one of the early victims, and Cindy Kidd put me in touch with Platinum Resort Services, which is supposed to purchase another property I have and rent my Coco Sunset weeks for $2500 a week. I did not think this was outrageous, as I have a two-bedroom unit at Coco Sunset, and my other property does rent for $2000 a week sometimes.

I am also working on a BBB complaint in Minnesota, where Platinum Resort Services is located. Did Cindy Kidd also hook you all up with Holiday Systems International? This is another scam, and I have not been able to get any response from these people.

Several people are also posting about these issues on another forum here. I will get the link and send it.

Susanne B.
Mar 07, 2013

Patrick,

I am very interested in coordinating efforts to sue and prosecute. Cindy Kidd is an actual person, and I hold her responsible for the financial loss I incurred. While we were at Coco Sunset, she introduced my daughter to her daughter. I wonder what her family would think of her if they knew she was responsible for defrauding so many people.

I keep writing to this e-mail address:

steilka@iowatelecom.net

with no response.

I am a professional writer and plan to get a publicity campaign out about these scums. If you are able to help, please write to me at

skicrazy1@live.com

Susanne B.
Mar 08, 2013

That's funny about meeting her daughter. She told us she has two sons and we met the youngest one at her jewlery store in town.

This woman is the reason we are in the situation we are in.

I believe that steilka@iowatelecom.net is also a scam artist. I really don't trust anyone anymore.

Daniel T.
Mar 08, 2013

HSI is not what Cindy Kidd made them out to be. We were booking a trip for this spring through and I found it much cheaper booking it directly through the resort. I will not be paying them a membership fee anymore.

Cindy Kidd and Coco Sunst Vacation Club really needs to be exposed. They are all crooks.

Daniel T.
Mar 09, 2013

These people need to pay for what they have done to all of us, not to mention other folks who are too embarrassed to say anything. I would really like to get my hands on this "Scott Riggs" fellow, and I really want to go back to Costa Rica and scream at the folks that scewed all of us, but I get the feeling I would end up in a Costa Rican jail, probabaly not worth it.

Also, tht Karla person does seem to also be a phony that was trying to divert our attention from taking any real action.

If Cindy or Scott are reading this, one of these days you will get what coming to you when you screw the wrong person ! Fortunately for the 2 of you , I have too much to lose by going after you myself.

George S.
Mar 09, 2013

Please report what has happened to you on Trip Advisor. Millions of people read Trip Advisor, and it is a trusted site. Helping prevent anyone else from being defrauded by these ladrones is one small step we can all take. The more reports Trip Advisor gets about this place, the more difficult it will be for Plays de Las Palmas, Miramar, and Bahia Turquesa Residences to continue their illegal activity. Please post your stories at:

<http://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g291982-i813-k5676989-o110-Bahia_Turquesa_R esidences-Costa_Rica.html#47896738>.

Susanne B.
Mar 09, 2013

Hey, George, I like your style. I do think a group of us should get together and show up at their office. Playas de Las Palmas Development (011) 506-6701326, is the parent company that owns most of Playas del Coco. I have been alerted by someone who has actually been physically threatened, and then attacked, by these people in Costa Rica. For Europeans and Americans, this sounds like some kind of bad mafia movie.

I am working on a news story about them, and I am learning a lot of sordid details. I have trouble sleeping at night because I am so upset about this. I am persistent, though, so they messed with the wrong person.

Any information anyone wants to share will be appreciated. My e-mail address appears in previous postings.

Susanne B.
Mar 09, 2013

Daniel, I actually met a nice young lady who is supposed to be Cindy Kidd's daughter. Why would she lie about that? So, you were also defrauded by Holiday Systems International?

At least HSI is under Nevada law. Please write to the attorney general of Nevada, Catherine Cortez Masto. She is a decent lady and is a friend of a friend, so I am hoping to get a fire lit there.

Here is a link to the complaint form:

<http://ag.state.nv.us/about/complaints/Complaint%20form%20LV%20AG.pdf>.

Also, please report what has happened to you on Trip Advisor. Millions of people read Trip Advisor, and it is a trusted site. Helping prevent anyone else from being defrauded by these ladrones is one small step we can all take. The more reports Trip Advisor gets about this place, the more difficult it will be for Plays de Las Palmas, Miramar, and Bahia Turquesa Residences to continue their illegal activity. Please post your stories at:

<http://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g291982-i813-k5676989-o110-Bahia_Turquesa_R esidences-Costa_Rica.html#47896738>.

Susanne B.
Mar 21, 2013

Hi Everyone,

Moving forward on this. A few people have contacted me. I am serious about this and not another scamming slime. If you are interested in joining, please contact me at:

skicrazy1@live.com.

Susanne B.
Mar 21, 2013

We bought into the scam in March 2011. Jon David Rayburn was the "sales director" at Coco Sunset who put us in touch with Catherine Jennings of Executive Properties who promised to rent our weeks. Of course we have not received any payments, only excuses through a variety of individuals. We have filed a complaint with BBB in Austin, TX and have agreed to mediation but EP has not responded. We have contacted Miramar/Coco/... and they have denied any knowledge of deceptive practices and have taken the hard line position that the sales representatives are independent contractors and not employees of the resort. Therefore Miramar Sharing accepts no responsibility for the fraudulent gross mispresentation. I want all of my money back from EP and Jon David Rayburn in jail. I also want a full refund from Miramar/Coco. Any possibility of this happening hinges on a strength in numbers approach!

mikec650

Mike C.
Mar 21, 2013

Hi Susanne, I sent you an email a few hours ago...did you receive it?

susanneb26 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Moving forward on this. A few people have contacted me. I am serious about this and not another scamming slime. If you are interested in joining, please contact me at:

skicrazy1@live.com.

Tim M.
Mar 21, 2013

It seems there are more and more of us. I'm a retired teacher, not hugely rich as you might suspect and lost a lot of money. Any chance at all of recovering anything? At least can we somehow shut them down? By the way I did use HSI for a couple of bookings and got what I wanted but I know the prices and maintenance fees, especially at my resort in Hawaii and their so-called great, lowest fees are anything but.

susanneb26 wrote:
Patrick,

I am very interested in coordinating efforts to sue and prosecute. Cindy Kidd is an actual person, and I hold her responsible for the financial loss I incurred. While we were at Coco Sunset, she introduced my daughter to her daughter. I wonder what her family would think of her if they knew she was responsible for defrauding so many people.

I keep writing to this e-mail address:

steilka@iowatelecom.net

with no response.

I am a professional writer and plan to get a publicity campaign out about these scums. If you are able to help, please write to me at

skicrazy1@live.com

Patricia B.
Mar 23, 2013

Hi Mike. I bought my weeks soon after you did in 2011. Coco Sunset used Platinum Resort Services instead of Executive Properties, but these were both similar scams. I am hoping to draw some attention to this story through publicity. I have a growing list of people who want to pursue some legal action, so please write to me.

Like you, I would be thrilled to see these creeps in jail. Timeshare scammers are going to jail right now in Florida, so I am hoping our group can set a precedence in Costa Rica.

Susanne

skicraz1@live.com

Susanne B.
Mar 24, 2013

Susanne, I've attempted to respond to your email address but it comes back undeliverable. Please provide alternate contact information.

mikec650

Mike C.
Mar 25, 2013

Sorry, but I left out one letter in the e-mail address. I was trying to type too fast. It is:

skicrazy1@live.com

I think I had too many concussions from skiing crazily. :>

Susanne B.
Mar 25, 2013

I and others have gotten amendments to our contract that says we don't have to pay maintenance fees unless we use the weeks, Mine was slightly different -I have to pay one maintenance fee every other year and the others only if I use the weeks. How would they dare sue you? they're the ones who need to be sued.

Patricia B.
Mar 30, 2013

Recently we contacted MasterCard in an attempt to recover the $2,200 which we paid to Executive Properties. Our point of contention was that the services which we paid for were not provided. The claims agent was actually very empathetic and sincere but in the end indicated that there was no recourse due to the elapsed time from entering into the contract. It was very enlightening to learn that there is an "unofficial grace period" of 540 days in which a claim can be filed. This information may be of interest to others who have paid by credit card. Unfortunately, we did not meet this criteria since we thought we would have to wait until EP totally defaulted on their end of the agreement.

Mike C.

Last edited by mikec650 on Mar 30, 2013 07:47 PM

Apr 01, 2013

Our bank just contacted us and as of right now we got our $1150.00 planning fee back from Omnicorp Development. They breached the 300 day guarantee contract. It is good to save ALL emails and any other information they send you. If it wasn't for the friendly e mails from that crook Scott Riggs and all the crooks we probably would have not received our money. Now we are going after Cindy Kidd. Good luck to you all! DO NOT give up.

Daniel T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.