Sapphire Residences

Mexico Advocate Team or Group, Coco Sunset, Executive Properites, omniCorp

Nov 01, 2012

The lastest scam from these scammers................now they say they can help recover the money paid.......that EP scammers are in jail in Mexico, and that they are being successful at paying back purchasers.........DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE SUCCESS WITH THIS?????

Teri C.
Dec 13, 2012

Sorry I didn't see your post until right now. All signs point to the high probability that this is another scam. Their web site was only set up in late August, none of the names we've heard them use are traceable to a social network or other identifying site, and their location / web site originally claimed only Mexican time share capability, but now added on Coco -- which of course is in another country with totally different laws and court system (let alone corruption). NEVER PAY ANY MONEY UP-FRONT -- demand to see ID and testimonials from real, identifiable people, never provide bank account numbers or credit card info (which I believe they ask for "so they can verify your claims about losses." You're just asking for trouble if you use these guys.

Patrick T.
Dec 25, 2012

I feel aswell that they are a scam. They promised to buy our West Palm timeshares. The email I received 12/14 was that the buyer was securing financing and all is going as planned. Day 300 was 12/22 and no response. Called our resort and no contact or inquiries had been made about any sale of units. Called reception at Omnicorp and they said they were in Springfield,il but were not open to the public. My next contact will be the Illinois attorney general, who happens to be 3 blocks away from their address. I will also contact Karla to become part of the class action case.

James B.
Dec 27, 2012

I was taken in by Miramar and Omnicorp as well. Please contact me! Omnicorp is now telling me that my weeks were not rented this December because of a harmless earthquake last October! I don't even know if we own a time-share or not.

Jeff D.
Dec 27, 2012

We will be returning to the resort where I made a purchase at the end of January. I've been in contact with the the resort And we're going to discuss our options when I get there. I will let you know how things go after I get there. We have been regular that is resort for close to 10 years And I'm sure we're going to get an answer. Anyways I don't think they want upset guest for 3 weeks blocking every sale.

James B.
Jan 02, 2013

James, I'm in Coco now & will be back at the end of January. I used my one week at Thanksgiving & it was fine, but none of those companies< nor Coco Sunset will ever help anyone sell their timeshare. Once you buy it, forget it. There are so many timeshares for sale all over the world for $1!, so the only thing to do it to use it, or if you don't want to pay the maintenance fees each year, you lose the timeshare. I spent money up front paying these companies that say they will advertise & sell your timeshare. They are all scams!!

Peggy H.
Feb 17, 2013

Same here, we got ripped off with the same story. I am all for going to Costa Rica and demanding an explanation!

George S.
Feb 17, 2013

Please let us know how it went. Thanks.

George S.
Feb 17, 2013

The thieves at Omnicorp knew which people to approach. The common denominator at our resort were people who have been a vacation family for years(i.e people who see each other every year and became close). The final destination for the cash was always Mexico. Now that we are returning to our purchase resorts, we are hoping the resorts misrepresented their sale fix the problem. In my case my home resort and I came to a mutual agreement ( thank you Judy) which has given me a new respect for my resort. I hope you have as good of luck as I. As for Omnicorp, the address in Springfield, IL, does not exist, the owner of the building who rents office space says they were never there, and I believe the phone number is nothing but a magic jack. The BBB rating is now an F. When on vacation, just vacation. Don't buy anything, the deals are better online.

James B.
Mar 03, 2013

Please contact me regarding any legal actions anyone will take against Omnicorp and Coco Sunset Resort in Costa Rica. I, too, am a victim out a considerable amount of money.

susannebentley5@gmail.com

jamesr835 wrote:
I feel aswell that they are a scam. They promised to buy our West Palm timeshares. The email I received 12/14 was that the buyer was securing financing and all is going as planned. Day 300 was 12/22 and no response. Called our resort and no contact or inquiries had been made about any sale of units. Called reception at Omnicorp and they said they were in Springfield,il but were not open to the public. My next contact will be the Illinois attorney general, who happens to be 3 blocks away from their address. I will also contact Karla to become part of the class action case.

Susanne B.
Mar 04, 2013

I got the same response from Scott Riggs at Omnicorp. I called in Dec. 2012 and he told me everything was going as scheduled. April 3,2012 was my 300 day guaranteed sale date. I called and the reception said I had to email customer service. They replied that we will get our money when they get theirs. At this time I have an attorney in Dallas, Texas looking into filing legal actions against them. We have a dated and signed contract with Omnicorp. I hope these crooks are held liable. As far as Cindy Kidd in Cocosunset....we probably don't have a legal leg to stand on. But...what comes around goes around! Her time will come in some other way and some other time.

Daniel T.
Mar 05, 2013

So far I have legal assistance, I contacted the Attorney General of Illinois,and next I think they all need to be exposed worldwide and not just with Redweek. I am going to attempt to contact ABC World News. National exposure is the only way to stop these crooks.

Daniel T.
Mar 05, 2013

Hi to all those who have been defrauded by Omnicorp and Coco Sunset in Costa Rica.

In the past week, I have been contacted by two new sets of likely scam artists. The first Grand Vacation Services in Olkahoma City, who will purchase my use at Coco Sunset for $35,000. Sounds cool, yes?

Just now, I received a phone call from a lady who is a law student in Mexico working with other people who have been scamed by Omnicorp. They are presenting their case to a "judge in Puerto Vallarta." Of course, for me to participate, they will need some upfront fee.

Curious to know who else out there is getting these kinds of calls?

Again, if anyone wants to get together for a legitimate class action suit, please contact me.

Susanne B.
Mar 05, 2013

Daniel T - have you sent an email to Karla yet?

steilka@iowatelecom.net

We would be interested in the success / possibilities you have identified with your lawyer.

Teri C.
Mar 06, 2013

Karla.....? At this time I haven't heard anyone posting anything that Karla has accomplished. Is Karla an attorney, is she just another victim, or does Karla work for Omni or Coco Sunset? I really do not trust anyone other than the people I have personally spoke to. As far as going after Omnicrop. They are a U.S. company so I don't see the need in seeking legal help in Mexico. All of my dealings with Omnicorp were by telephone and internet. I am giving %100 on going after these crooks. The money I spent in Costa Rica, I guess that $18,000.00 is gone. I will do all that I can to expose them also. Just way too many people scammed! This has to stop!

Daniel T.
Mar 06, 2013

I was also scammed in the same way a year ago in Coco by the same crooks. I am so sorry you got nailed for so much! It really sucks. There is now a large group of us who have gathered a huge amount of information on Coco Sunset, Omnicorp, etc., that you will find very interesting. Karla and others in this group have been working very hard to obtain a lawyer who would be willing to take this further on contingency. Please e-mail her and briefly describe your experiences. She will be happy to hear from you!

Wendy N.
Mar 06, 2013

Hi Daniel,

So far, you are the only person who seems to be legitimate on this site. I have sent e-mails to some of the people who say they want to get together and fight these crooks, but no one has responded. Like you, I also wonder if some of the people posting here are from Omnicorp, Miramar, and Coco Sunset.

It is interesting that I was contacted by someone from Mexico who is trying to prosecute these people two days after I posted to this site. Perhaps that is who this mysterious "Karla" is.

You are fortunate that you are out for less than $20,000. My loss is even worse. I am also giving 100 % to my legal pursuit, and my U.S. lawyer has given me some good advice that I would like to share with an actual real person, not another scammer. If you are interested, please write to me at: skicrazy1@live.com.

Susanne B.
Mar 06, 2013

I wrote to Karla also & haven't gotten any info yet!

susanneb26 wrote:
Hi Daniel,

So far, you are the only person who seems to be legitimate on this site. I have sent e-mails to some of the people who say they want to get together and fight these crooks, but no one has responded. Like you, I also wonder if some of the people posting here are from Omnicorp, Miramar, and Coco Sunset.

It is interesting that I was contacted by someone from Mexico who is trying to prosecute these people two days after I posted to this site. Perhaps that is who this mysterious "Karla" is.

You are fortunate that you are out for less than $20,000. My loss is even worse. I am also giving 100 % to my legal pursuit, and my U.S. lawyer has given me some good advice that I would like to share with an actual real person, not another scammer. If you are interested, please write to me at: skicrazy1@live.com.

Peggy H.
Mar 07, 2013

Everyone: Omnicorp is a scam -- as are ALL the other US companies who partnered with Coco Sunset's sales force -- Executive Properties, Optimus, Phoenix, Buffalo, and Platinum. We believe that they all are run out of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, by US nationals. All their web sites were recently developed, some are already down. None of them are registered with the appropriate authorities in their supposed states. None of the names associated with any of them actually can be found to have residences near their supposed workplace. None of their "testimonials" are from anyone reputable and verifiable. And, most importantly, NOT ONE has ever been shown to have actually sold other timeshares or to rent out any. Not one... With all that, though, there is nothing legally we have found that we can do: there is no corporate entity to sue, the BBB has all these crooks rated F, and we don't even know any names, as we assume all are aliases and some might be the same people. Most effective is to continue to plaster the internet with notices about these scammers.

Now, Coco Sunset / Miramar vehemently denies any knowledge of what their commissioned and independent contractor sales force was doing, and claims that they have put procedures in place to make it harder for such sales cowboys to get away with these claims in the future. We shall see... and let's be sure to hold them accountable for any such sales pitches after last August or so, when they first responded to these charges and claimed ignorant innocence.

Meanwhile, Karla (steilka@iowatelecom.net) has been the contact for all those wishing to coordinate a response. At times there are many from not only this forum but others on Redweek, as well as PissedConsumer.com and others who are writing, so it can take a few days. And, although Karla IS legitimate (bought in late 2010), others might not be, which is why we screen all those who do respond. The bad guys clearly would like to know what we're up to...

peggyh97 wrote:
I wrote to Karla also & haven't gotten any info yet!

susanneb26 wrote:
Hi Daniel,

Patrick T.
Mar 07, 2013

I just received an email from my attorney and he informed me that Omnicorp office in Springfield Illinois does exist but it has never been occupied. He believes this office is a mail drop and that we have been scammed.

Tomorrow I will be faxing him all email commuication with Scott Riggs and Omnicorp Development. I also have telephone converstaions recorded with Scott Riggs.

I may not get a penny out of these crooks but I will do everything in my power to expose Cindy Kidd at Coco Sunset Vacation Club and Scott Riggs at Omnicorp Development.

People......Please do not fall for this scam. They know what they are doing and they do it well. Again I do believe what comes around, goes around!

Daniel T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.