Grand Regency Resort at Thousand Hills

Resort management has changed from Southwind to the Colonnade

Dec 15, 2012

Apparently now that the bankruptcy has settled, Southwind Management has dumped this resort and whomever manages the Colonnade has taken over. I just received our MF bill for 2013 and it DOES NOT reflect the amount paid in advance to reserve and deposit our unit with I.I. Now I'll need to call the new resort management and try to get this issue straightened out. It would have been appropriate if the first communication had been something other than an inaccurate bill. I guess it's to much to ask for new management to let owners know a change has taken place. MF's have increased from $283 to $354 for our one bedroom unit. This represents a 25% increase, which is the largest increase in MF's we've seen since we first purchased a timeshare back in 1998. We will be giving this timeshare away once we get the MF situation cleared up.

Doug P.
Jan 21, 2013

Doug, We own a 3bd lockout at the Grand Regency at Thousand Hills (since 2002) and can't see to get anyone on the phone except for once when they couldn't tell me wife if the annual fees have been paid or not. Is Southwind out of the picture now? We want to trade, but need to pay to get a reservations #. Seems like this isn't going well.

Jeff Roskam Wichita, KS

dougp89 wrote:
Apparently now that the bankruptcy has settled, Southwind Management has dumped this resort and whomever manages the Colonnade has taken over. I just received our MF bill for 2013 and it DOES NOT reflect the amount paid in advance to reserve and deposit our unit with I.I. Now I'll need to call the new resort management and try to get this issue straightened out. It would have been appropriate if the first communication had been something other than an inaccurate bill. I guess it's to much to ask for new management to let owners know a change has taken place. MF's have increased from $283 to $354 for our one bedroom unit. This represents a 25% increase, which is the largest increase in MF's we've seen since we first purchased a timeshare back in 1998. We will be giving this timeshare away once we get the MF situation cleared up.

Jeff R.
Feb 13, 2013

Feb 12th I called Spinnaker to inquire why we did not receive a statement for our 2013 MF. I was told that the resort had been sold last September. We had no communuication from Colonnade and when I called their # the desk clerk asked for my email and said she would send statement (she was very short with me). She did not even ask for a phone number or address. I am concerned. Sounds like they are raising MF's. Anyone have a bad experiance? Barbara

Barbara D.
Feb 24, 2013

2/24/2013 I have tried to call the Colonnade with both the local number and an 800 number and only get an answering machine that indicates the mailbox is full. I tried sending email and have it bounce. Anyone have alternative contact info? Or are they closed for business?

Jim

Jim C.
Feb 28, 2013

2/28/2013 - Colonade's cs rep Toni is no longer there - probably a good thing as she didn't understand that they need to issue a reservation number to II for me to bank units. She told me to simply make up a number and insert it into the II reservation website field - after I paid my greatly increased fees. I asked for her to snail mail the HOA contact info. She sent the last newsletter which I don't recall recieveing along with a hard copy banking form. I filled it out and faxed to Curtis today. Yesterday I called and talked to Curtis, who seems to know how to do this and who told me Toni's not there. I don't have the HOA contact with me at the office today but can post it later. Best advice - keep calling and trying. Staff there seems to wear many hats. Mid morning calls (CT) seem to work the best.

PS - The phone number we use is 417-336-6288; fax 417-339-6398

Jeff R.

Last edited by jeff1336 on Feb 28, 2013 06:39 AM

Mar 01, 2013

I reached Nanette by phone (417-336-6288) and she gave me a working email regencycolonnadeservice@live.com I requested and received by email a statement for MF which went up by 25%.

Barbara D.
Mar 01, 2013

Doug, How do you plan to give away your timeshare? Barbara97

Barbara D.
Apr 13, 2013

We paid our MF in January, and sent in the deposit to II form on Feb 6th, I still do not have a deposited reservation to II. This is the first year we have ever had a problem, we own EOY odd, My husband has talked to Curtis several times this week trying to get this deposit taken care of. Evidently the property is being managed by a father and his 2 children. The are taking care of processing requests from the Colonnade to RCI and ignoring requests from the GR to II deposits. I don't understand how that all works and read on another site about the bankruptcy and FQ properties and MAYBE they own and MAYBE they don't own anything? I was trying to see if we were in the same boat at the Grand Regency. If this isn't resolved soon, who would be best to conatct to figure it out. My next move may be to call the state attorney general

Vicki L.
Apr 13, 2013

As of 4/4/2013 the daughter is tending this email for the colonnade and Grand Regency, colonnade.regencyreservation@gmail.com However I still do not have my deposit processed. She said "accounting" was looking for my deed.

Vicki L.
Apr 13, 2013

Vicki, I also paid and deposited with II. Last week I got a postcard notice telling me that I needed to contact my resort as my week was not eligible for exchange. Instead I called II "advisor for exchange" John put me on hold for a few minutes and then said everything has been verified. See my post in March for the numbers and email I used to contact Nanette at the Collenade.

Barbara D.
Apr 20, 2013

colonade who took over from southwind sucks , 25 phone calls and have not released my week yet. they have had my vacation request for 2 months , i faxed another one to them last week and still nothing, after telling me they would email my number to me asap one time the owner was busy chasing a tiger in one of his other buildings he owns , do not have my tax statement from them even though i paid it by phone, that was ther first excuse i hadnt, paid it but if i dont recieve it i cant pay it. i believe its time for a lawsuit

dougp89 wrote:

Gary L.
Apr 20, 2013

having same issues, good idea you have to call state attorney

Gary L.
Apr 21, 2013

colonade sucks we need to contact the attorney general, 20 phone calls and still cant bank my week after 2 months

Gary L.
Jun 21, 2013

I am so angry with this company! I have been trying to deposit my unit for over 3 months - Michelle, the daughter, has completely ignored my emails, calls and letters. Her Father, "the owner" supposedly owns 200 hotels and 100 liquor stores?? guess who he does not have time for.? This whole thig is a disaster. I've never had any problems before, but this is beyond ridiculous!

Linda T.
Jun 24, 2013

yes we started in Feb also, and still don't have our week deposited,

Vicki L.
Mar 13, 2017

So here again, I have paid my maintenance fee for the year and they are dragging their heels depositing to II for "legal issues" now I find out that II has deleted them due to maintenance not being kept up and services are terrible. so what are they options now? does anyone other than me still own here? I see on the BBB site they are trying to get together a class action lawsuit against Colonnade. My next complaint will be to BBB and MO Atty general.

Vicki L.
Mar 20, 2017

We still own. I did not see anything about a class action at BBB. Please send me info about it if you can at: wendellbarbara@juno.com I contacted the management about a buy back. They will take a unit back but the fees are around $2300. Which is not an unusual amount. I paid 2017 fees and reserved 2 weeks this summer. Will see how it goes as they were supposed to start renovations this spring.

vickil131 wrote:
So here again, I have paid my maintenance fee for the year and they are dragging their heels depositing to II for "legal issues" now I find out that II has deleted them due to maintenance not being kept up and services are terrible. so what are they options now? does anyone other than me still own here? I see on the BBB site they are trying to get together a class action lawsuit against Colonnade. My next complaint will be to BBB and MO Atty general.

Barbara D.
Mar 21, 2017

Still owners, too. If a class action moves forward let me know. I was interested in a deedback (which is legally different from a transfer fee even though it results in title transferring to the timeshare property owners). They wanted $2277 for the deedback instead of the $327 for a transfer fee. Talked to a person who is in a business that is supposed to help dispose of a timeshare. As a long time "insider" he referred to the $2277 fee as extortion. At this time I do not plan to pay for a deedback.

The Colonnade HOA annual meeting is Apr. 6. I am currently planning to attend if I can. After I learn more about how that group is run, I may have other ideas, too. If I learn anything of value, I will post it.

Jim Crosheck jecrosheck@aol.com

Jim C.
Mar 27, 2017

I plan on attending the annual meeting on April 6th as well. I posted the meeting details on the discussion tab under The Colonnade timeshare listing. I'll likely post more in the discussion tab under The Colonnade timeshare listing going forward so that fellow Colonnade owners can find it easier in the future. ~Rob P.S. I'm sending an email to Jim and Barbara now so you have my contact information. I wish they had a private message option on redweek for the exchange of this info.

Thanks ALOT Inderjit Grewal! Good luck Good Mgmt!
Mar 29, 2017

Where will the meeting be held on the 6th and what time?

Della M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.