Grand Regency Resort at Thousand Hills

Resort management has changed from Southwind to the Colonnade

Mar 29, 2017

The meeting is at The Colonnade. The meeting is scheduled to begin at approximately at 10am. The meeting is to be held within The Colonnade in the 3rd Floor Conference Room.

Thanks ALOT Inderjit Grewal! Good luck Good Mgmt!

Last edited by robm340 on Apr 05, 2017 05:16 PM

Apr 06, 2017

The Colonnade HOA meeting was held at the scheduled time and date. In summary, there is additional management that is being installed to better operate The Colonnade. Two members of the HOA community were elected to the board on an interim basis. Things are looking promising once again. To stay informed of future updates and happenings, be sure you provide The Colonnade your current postal AND email address if you have one. The two HOA board members will be keeping HOA owners informed as updates occur.

Apr 08, 2017

I am very concerned about our time share at Grand Regency. We paid our yearly fee and extra fee for update in a timely manner and now having a problem with Interval International banking our 2017 week and using our banked week for November 2017 in Branson for our yearly Nov veterans week. What is going on ? What happened with the April 6 meeting ? Please keep us posted. Thank- you Carol Holmes caholmes59@hotmail.com Phone 231-834-8339 Home address 11555 S McClelland Ave Grant Mi 49327

robm340 wrote:
The Colonnade HOA meeting was held at the scheduled time and date. In summary, there is additional 11were elected to the board on an interim basis. Things are looking promising once again. To stay informed of future updates and happenings, be sure you provide The Colonnade your current postal AND email address if you have one. The two HOA board members will be keeping HOA owners informed as updates occur.

Carol H.
Apr 10, 2017

This is the same problem I have been having, I guess that Interval has required the Grand Regency to be brought up the acceptable maintenance requirements and the Colonnade was not doing that. In the meantime, II is not accepting any deposits from GTO, and we are all just stuck playing the waiting game. I talked to Brandy at the resort last week and she said her timetable has ALWAYS been Mid to late APRIL before the maintenance would be completed, so we will have to wait and see. If there was a way to get out of this thing, I would sure like to know what it is

Vicki L.
Jun 13, 2017

We are TS owners and were just there last week. We talked to Mandi, new GM who admitted they "temporarily" lost their affiliation with RCI and Interval International last fall due to deteriorating conditions at resort. This remains the current status with no expected timeline for renewal with RCI or Interval International. THey said they are still working to repair those contracts. We own a 3 bedroom at the Grand Regency but stayed at the Colonnade. Both were absolutely horrible and disgusting. As noted above, they will try to get you to pay the deed-back fees of >$2,000 if you want to dump your timeshare. There must be an opportunity here to file a class-action lawsuit as they have clearly not maintained the resort conditions with our "maintenance" and "special assessment" fees as promised. If anyone is aware of how we can join forces to figh this, we are all ears!!

Debra K.
Jun 16, 2017

It is kind of strange that they billed the assessment in summer of 2016 and promised a week of Interval Int'l for the fee, it seems like this fee was only to try and get the property up to acceptable standards and they never deposited the extra week. Then I tried to deposit my 2016 year into II and have been promised it will be done soon, but here it is 8 months later and hey still are not an accepted exchange partner with II. Also it was kind of odd that I paid my 2017 maintenance fees with a credit card in January 2017 and then in April 2017 I get a notice that my credit card was no good (plate was replace because of flagged fraud.) When I called Grand Regency they told me their credit card machine was out of service for several months that is why the card was not processed for 3 months. HOW CAN A BUSINESS OPERATE WITH OUT CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS FOR 3 MONTHS!!!!! Now I ask about returning the deed and not paying 2017 MF, and I am told it will cost me $2277 + $626 for 2017 MF. Really I still have 2 weeks of usage I can't use because the place does not meet standards for exchange, and it will be three weeks if I pay the 2017 MF. Is there any hope of this place cleaning it's act up?

Chris B.
Jun 19, 2017

We own every other year, in 2015 I had to file a complaint with the Missouri attorney general before they would make my deposit to II, I guess I am going to have to do that again. If the MO AG gets enough complaints against the same business they will step in to see why, I suggest that if Colonnade owes you a deposit week, or a week stay, you should file a complaint with the AG. Short of that, we would have to find an attorney to start proceedings on our own and then try to find as many owners as we could.

Vicki L.
Jun 27, 2017

Please keep us informed. We are having difficulty trying to figure out who to contact for information.

Melissa M.
Jul 12, 2017

I've been drug through this mess as well. Which owners were appointed to the board at the HOA meeting in April? Do we have contact info for them?

I own every other year also and this year has been the worst getting them to bank time, they sure haven't been forthcoming with letting owners know they got booted from Interval. I paid MF in January and keep calling them about the deposit and they didn't tell me until two weeks ago that technically they can't deposit anything right now. I'd been waiting for the deposit for 6 months.....had hoped to plan a trip this fall, but on to Plan B.

I filed a complaint with the MO Atty General's office last week and they seem to be very proactive and have an active investigation going on this matter, they called me within 3 hours of filing the complaint online and wanted some very specific additional information. I would strongly suggest other owners do the same. I've paid maintenance fees and supplemental dues and I assume other owners are doing the same - - and the property has been left in a state of total neglect. I really don't think our MF are going toward even the most basic upkeep at GR. I don't blame Interval for dropping the property, I as an owner would not even stay there after what the Colonnade / Grewal group has done to the place. Personally, I don't think I'll be sending them any more MF to squander away though, I've had enough.

Krazy E.
Jul 14, 2017

Looks like our dear friend Mr. Grewal has filed bankuptcy for his Colonnade, Grand Regency and Celebration Cove properties. Grand Regency, back in bankruptcy...... here we go again.

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/21733452/Grand_Regency_Resorts,_LLC

Krazy E.
Jul 14, 2017

Attention Colonnade Branson, MO timeshare owners.....

U.S. Bankruptcy Court: Case # 17-6066747-abf11 Filed 6/19/2017 Colonnade Acquisition, LLC

Any idea what this means for timeshare owners???

Kimberly A.
Jul 15, 2017

This is Jim Crosheck. jecrosheck@aol.com I was volunteered to sit on the HOA and I am embarrassed that I was not aware of these updates. I'm afraid I believed the story we heard at the meeting in April and that things were going to improve. I have had only one contact from the Colonnade - Donna called several weeks ago. I need to dig up my notes but I do not recall a lot of real news. She said the new website was coming along and I volunteered to do some testing of it. No contact since. Should have known that there was a problem!

BTW, some time ago I did some searching of articles or blogs regarding TS's and bankruptcy. Appears that the contracts we signed survive the bankruptcy and the new owners will own us as well. I guess our contracts are some of the assets that survive the transition. I had hoped the contracts would be dissolved, but its not likely.

Jim C.
Jul 26, 2017

Jim,

Have you had a chance to touch base with property management to see if anything's changed? I doubt they'll give you a straight answer (honesty and integrity aren't really part of their business model) but it does make for an interesting tale.

Krazy E.
Jul 27, 2017

I downloaded a copy of the bankruptcy court's order filed July 21, 2017. Here are a few highlights: "According to proposed counsel for the Debtors, perhaps $200,000 - $300,000 has been received during 2017......but such funds have been deposited in the name of Grewal, not the Debtors, their management companies, or their home owners associations. Neither the Debtors, nor Grewal, nor the related entities provided any accounting of funds to the receiver or to this court at the hearing. On June 8, 2017, the state court found Grewal and the two home owners' associations in contempt for failing to comply with the receivership order." There is apparently a $9.5 million debt. The state ordered a third party to collect funds to see to it that they were appropriated correctly. That is the receivership order that was ignored. Also, this chapter 11 case was filed one day before a scheduled foreclosure sale on the property. So apparently the creditors are done waiting. So as it turned out, this bankruptcy case has been dismissed because it was filed "in bad faith." From what I read about "bad faith," it sounds like a term they apply to cases where the debtor did not act ethically in some way shape or manner and that the filing was simply a way to escape their circumstances. Thoughts?

Kimberly A.

Last edited by kimberllya on Jul 27, 2017 07:46 AM

Jul 27, 2017

Thanks for making some sense of the bankruptcy documents. I was not able to unravel it and gave up. I would ask for anyone who has an understanding of the process that is ongoing to monitor and translate it for laymen.

In particular I am concerned about the involvement and liability of the HOA's. As a "volunteer" representative of the unit owners on the HOA, I want to know if I am being set up for a partial liability in the bankruptcy or foreclosure. I definitely have been scammed about the future of the Colonnade.

As an aside, Grewal is a resident of California or another West Coast state. He is likely to escape to his home state and leave the mess for someone else to clean up. Hard to enforce a judgment across state lines.

At this point I would like to do a Quit Claim on my unit back to the Colonnade and let it be absorbed in the entire mire. Without paying $2277 to do it of course! Any ideas if that is possible.

Jim

Jim C.
Jul 28, 2017

I understand your concern, but these documents are clear that the HOA never received any of the funds and I really think you are ok. I would like to see this Grewal guy prosecuted. I think what he did HAS to be against the law. Embezzlement and/or fraud at the least. I would also like to see a class action lawsuit against him by the TS owners. Anyone interested or have an ideas about how to make either of these happen?

Kimberly A.
Jul 28, 2017

I have not posted in a while, but have been communicating via email privately with some of you. Since this is a public forum, much of what I have shared and will share in the future is really for fellow timeshare owners like myself and I really don't want it available to the world so-to-speak. I know by emailing and talking with others, some are cautious like me and feel the same way. I can tell you for a fact that one person who posted on this discussion a while back is not a timeshare owner...and so I am not planning on posting anymore detailed updates here on this public forum.

Jul 28, 2017

Rob, I don't see a way to dm, is there a way to keep in touch privately here? I'd like to keep abreast of things as well.

Krazy E.
Jul 28, 2017

That seems like a good idea to avoid unwelcome "help." Anyone who has finds RedWeek can leave msg and we should get an alert and follow up as we deem best.

Jim C.
Jul 28, 2017

My email is kafedora@sbcglobal.net. I would be more than happy to email privately. I am a TS owner. I have emailed the HOA president at the email he listed on this forum but received no response. I plan to stay as informed as I can and would be willing to help in any way possible. I live about three hours from tre Colonnade in Arkansas.

Kimberly A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.