Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Is BBVA Bancomer Facilitating Mexican timeshare scams?

Apr 26, 2013

They have to know these bogus escrow companies are opening accounts to fleece Americans. Time to complain to their sister bank, BBVA Compass....and you California folks should complain direct, since they have outlets there. maybe some enterprising attorney might start a class action against these white collar banditos.

Clint P.
Aug 18, 2013

What experience have you had?

I have a been asked to wire taxes to BBVA Bancomer and here is what I have

Manuel Salazar

ESCROW OFFICES

SOLUCIONES DE IMPUESTOS INTERNACIONALES

Av. Universidad 1200, Xoco;

Miguel Hidalgo; Distrito Federal; 03339

Tel: 01152 553 0987694

clintp5 wrote:
They have to know these bogus escrow companies are opening accounts to fleece Americans. Time to complain to their sister bank, BBVA Compass....and you California folks should complain direct, since they have outlets there. maybe some enterprising attorney might start a class action against these white collar banditos.

Trevor E.
Aug 18, 2013

trevore6I have a been asked to wire taxes to BBVA Bancomer and here is what I have...

clintp5 wrote:

The fact that they're requiring you to wire money and wire it to Mexico are huge red flags.

If this offer were legitimate, the taxes would be paid out of the proceeds of the sale/rental and not out of the pocket of the seller.

Lance C.
Aug 19, 2013

It's a scam. Don't send any money.

Don P.
Mar 07, 2015

I have been scammed. I was contacted by Waterfront Property Group in Seattle, WA. They sounded real. The forms looked legit and I sent the taxes to Mexico to BBVA Bancomer, c/o Ramon Miranda Castro Consultoria Fiscal Financiera Plaza de la Republica s/n Col. Tabaclera, CP 060-30 MEXICO DF.

They received the money (taxes for sale in Mex) and then sent me a copy of the the supposed wire transfer which never showed up. Needless to say that I cannot get hold of this Ramon Castro and the people in Seattle will not take my calls. Interestingly enough they replied to an email that said that I was verbally abusing them, their employees and clients and that I would have to send my own dog to get my money back. I say this is interesting because I would like to report them to the BBB. The BBB say that they reserve the right to reject complaints that use abusive or foul language. Waterfront Property Group has set the stage by saying that I had used abusive language (which I had not) so that my claim would be dismissed.

Damian B.
Sep 04, 2019

This began as a Mexican timeshare sale with BNB LLC with an address of 1400 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55404. The senior broker is Lynn M. Knight. They used an escrow company, CAll, C.W. with Myra Abbas, the primary escrow officer. Their phone # 602-428-7302. Address listed as 4341 E. Thomas Rd., Phoenix AZ 85018. They sent contracts and all sort of official looking documents. Very smooth crap. Then the scam really began with wire transfer money to cover Certificate of Naturalization. Next request was for Tax Identification Number. Next as for State Tax. Next was for Legal Recording. Next was Customs Clearance.Next was a Bond to Citibanamex to insure all this money was not received due to illegal sources. All of this money was being shown as deposited into a Citibanamex including the purchase price of $28,800 US. If the bond money found a problem I was to get my money back and the deal cancelled. Before that happened, Citibanamex transferred the account to BBVA who wanted an additional $11,000+ bond to proceed. Of course, the escrow is out of contact with me and Lynn Knight wants more money. Citibank has washed their hands since they transferred the money to BBVA. There appears to be Mexican attorneys, at least in name & title , involved in this scam. Neither the states of MN or AZ could care less unless one of a resident of those states. Just beware to stay away from Citibanamex and BBVA in Mexico, they are enablers.

John A.
Sep 04, 2019

It was a SCAM from the beginning . Once they set the hook they bleed their victims dry until they stop sending money .

Don P.
Jul 12, 2021

I have been told a buyer wants my time share. I have not been asked to send any money. I have been asked to set up an account with BBVA Bancomer. The buyer is to transfer the money to that account at which time I am supposed to have access to all the funds including transferring to any financial of my choice. At that time, with ALL the funds accessible, I am to pay commision fees, taxes, ect amounting to Aprox 19% of the sale price.

Scam? No Scam? Thoughts

Dean H.
Jul 12, 2021

They string you along and just when you are about to close the deal they come up with a " fee " that has to be paid by you before they can complete the sale . That's the SCAM .

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.