Coral Reef Resort

Impromptu traveling - what is the best time share to buy? Marriott or Starwood?

May 19, 2013

My husband is a pilot so we can fly free. We want to be able to go to Paris or Rome at a moments notice and be able to stay at a nice place and not pay a ton. What time share is the best resale to buy? Was thinking Starwood as they have interval and Westin, Wyndham etc but Marriott is nice too. Any suggestions?

Patricia H.
Jun 11, 2013

I would suggest purchasing Oystetbay Beach Resort. www.obbr.com They program is extremely flex and convenience .

Erwin Dormoy +15165898581

patriciah530 wrote:
My husband is a pilot so we can fly free. We want to be able to go to Paris or Rome at a moments notice and be able to stay at a nice place and not pay a ton. What time share is the best resale to buy? Was thinking Starwood as they have interval and Westin, Wyndham etc but Marriott is nice too. Any suggestions?

Erwin D.
Jun 11, 2013

do not buy any give us your e-mail and we give you better options . jorge.cancun@hotmail.com

George S.
Jun 12, 2013

Buying a timeshare is not all it is cut out to be. Please remember that once you purchase it, it is nearly impossible to get out of. In addition, when you die, it will still stay in the family whether they want it or not. Timeshares are NOT investments. In the long run, it will be less expensive to check out hotels or Bed & Breakfast places to stay. No maintenance fees, no hidden costs.

Phyllis

Last edited by felicias40 on Jun 12, 2013 01:26 AM

Jun 12, 2013

Remember: if you buy a Marriott time share second hand you will not be able to get points.As there are no TS resorts in Rome by Marriott(or any other TS system? ) you will only be able to use points. You will always be able to get the best deal through any of the bookers as Hotel.com Priceline.com. They will fight to get your business and the hotels as well! O yeah, selling your timeshare or getting rid of it is almost impossible.They like to suck the ever increasing maintenance fee of your credit card, whether you come or not...

Leen V.
Jun 12, 2013

We own both Wyndham and Starwood. (Sheraton) Wyndham has far more resorts, at least in the US. The key here I believe, is that Wyndham does not charge an exchange fee if you stay at their resorts, while Sheraton charges a fee within its system. Both charge fees if exchanged through RCI. E. Hall

patriciah530 wrote:

Ewing H.
Jun 12, 2013

I had a different experience with Starwood. Their program was flexible, multitude of options, and the resorts and hotels we used were beautifully appointed. After my husband passed away it was a hardship to keep the timeshare. Starwood offered to pay me a small sum to relinquish the unit and with a few signed documents I was able to release our unit. I had tried selling it but so much is on the market and it really is difficult to do that, at least for me, especially given the fact that a lot of scamming goes on with timeshare resales.

R H.

Last edited by rh110 on Jun 12, 2013 06:27 AM

Jun 13, 2013

we have had Marriott time shares (3) for 14 years Never had a problem and u had so many places to pick from and the pont system is great

patriciah530 wrote:

Barbara V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.