General Discussion

Vida Grupo Mayan grand luxxe ripoff

Jul 24, 2013

We were sold an upgrade to the grand luxxe master suite in September 2012 with the understanding that our annual maintenance fee would be waived for the first week of use each year. Upon making a reservation for July 2013 we were charged part of the maintenance fee anyways to our protest. When we arrived we were told that if we upgraded again but to fractional ownership, we would get full waiver of maintenance fees for two weeks each year. We said no and we're told to take our complaint to member services. I spoke to Alex Leehan of Vida member services and he stated sorry for the misunderstanding but we signed a contract that indicated we must pay part of the maintenance fees regardless. There was no willingness on Vida's part to resolve the issue. We will not believe anything Vidal Vacations aka Grupo Mayan will ever tell us again and I recommend people not consider purchasing at this resort!

Mark M.
Oct 21, 2013

I don't understand. My contract states that I only pay maintenance fees if I actually use my weeks.

Andy L.
Nov 28, 2013

I have found that when a sales statement is in writing and signed by management (and the buyer) is becomes the contact and the contact agreement is honored. During buying negotiations many things are put on the table. ONLY WHAT IS IN WRITING IS THE CONTACT. BOTTOM LINE WE ALL NEED TO READ THE CONTRACT CAREFULLY AND WE HAVE A FEW DAYS (THE RESCISSION PERIOD) TO GET IT AMENDED.

Paul C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.