General Discussion

United In Discounts

Aug 01, 2013

We have been contacted by a rep at United In Discounts (unitedindiscounts.com) about renting our RCI bonus weeks. Requires a discounted activation fee (apparently to RCI) and they then rent them out to Servicemen & their families at discounts. Has anyone had any experience with this particular company? They talk a sweet talk but I am still skeptical.

Samy J.
Aug 01, 2013

Scam, scam,scam! You do not own bonus weeks and, therefore, cannot rent out anything you do not own. RCI owns those weeks (usually deposits from RCI members).

Besides, even if you did own weeks to rent out, you do not pay any party an upfront fee to do so. Their fee or commission would come out of the rental.

Lance C.
Aug 02, 2013

samyj wrote:
We have been contacted by a rep at United In Discounts (unitedindiscounts.com) about renting our RCI bonus weeks. Requires a discounted activation fee (apparently to RCI) and they then rent them out to Servicemen & their families at discounts. Has anyone had any experience with this particular company? They talk a sweet talk but I am still skeptical.

This entity is not affiliated with RCI .... as Lance stated RCI doesn't allow rentals of bonus or extra vacation weeks. The only RCI weeks that can be rented by servicepeople are from http://www.afvclub.com/ (a subsidiary of RCI) and there's no fee to join.

R P.
Aug 02, 2013

Also, via researching, I see no website for unitedindiscounts.com nor unitedmilitarydiscounts.com ....

R P.
Sep 10, 2013

THAT'S SO NOT TRUE IF YOU GO TO RCI.COM AND U WILL SEE YOU HAVE UNLIMITED TIME SHARE, SO THEN GO TO GOOGLE.COM, THEN UNITEDINDISCOUNT.COM AND CLICK ON MEMBER BENEFITS AND YOU WILL SEE ALL THE AMAZING THINGS YOU ENTITLED TO. HAVE YOU CHECKED THE EDITOR'S CHOICE PAGE.... WE WAS ON FOX NEW :) JUST GIVING BACK TO THOSE WHO SERVED. MAY GOD BLESS

Literika G.
Sep 11, 2013

I smell a shill !!!

Don P.
Sep 30, 2013

Thanks for asking this question & to everyone for their responses. I was also just contacted by United In Discounts (unitedindiscounts.com) about renting our RCI bonus weeks. I, too, have always been told to NEVER trust a company that wants me to pay an up-front fee for them to rent my timeshare; that any such fee should be paid to them by the RENTOR & NOT the owner. I think I'm going to have to pass on their "too good to be true" offer as well.

Cinda M.
Oct 01, 2013

If an offer sounds too good to be true then 99.9% of the time it's a scam.

Also, one more thing, what RCI bonus weeks are you referring to? If you're referring to RCI's extra vacations then it's against their rules to rent those.

R P.
Oct 07, 2013

Thank you so much for the info!!

lancec13 wrote:
Scam, scam,scam! You do not own bonus weeks and, therefore, cannot rent out anything you do not own. RCI owns those weeks (usually deposits from RCI members).

Besides, even if you did own weeks to rent out, you do not pay any party an upfront fee to do so. Their fee or commission would come out of the rental.

Sandra B.
Oct 07, 2013

Did somebody call you unexpectedly offering to rent out some weeks that you allegedly own for some price that's in the ionosphere?

Lance C.
Oct 11, 2013

I work for United in Discounts.Heres the truth.We are not a timeshare company.We are a discount company with over 6 million members.Heres what we do!We charge a fee to owners because no one works for free!We do rent these weeks whether its rci or interval weeks if our member can access them we will rent them for discounted rates and the owners get paid.If United in Discounts were a sham then please tell me why we have over 18,000 retailers that also PAY our company to advertise and use their businesses for discounts to our member companies such as MACYS,BLOOMINGDALES,TGI FRIDAYS,IHOP,2 FOR 1 THEME PARK TICKETS AND SO MUCH MORE!!!...hello...has any other company offered this before?..no! so theres your answer!..We are a members only company and offer our discounts STRICTLY to our military,ems services,firefighters,law enforcement ,teachers and nurses.

Bobby H.

Last edited by phyl21 on Oct 11, 2013 05:12 PM

Jun 06, 2014

THIS IS A BUNCH OF B.S YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. I AM A DISABLED VETERANS AND I WAS TOTALLY MISLED. I WAS TOLD MY MAKE WEEKS WOULD BE RENTED ALMOST A YEAR AGO. I HAVE NOT SEEN ONE PENNY AND NOW MY EMAILS ARE NOT BEING ANSWERED. THIS IS A DISGRACE TO THE UNIFORM. TRUST AND BELIEVE I WILL GET MY MONEY BACK!!!!

Sarah C.
Nov 20, 2014

I too was scammed by United in Discounts and paid the $1,400.00 one time fee and never heard a word from them. I have emailed and called and left message but got no reply.

Its a sweet con game cause they play on your patriotic emotions to get you to sign up with them. I was told I would be getting a check with two months and that was almost 2 years ago and have not seen it yet.

I want my $1,400.00 back and my understanding from and attorney that called me is they have been shut down illegal trade practices.

Randy E.
Jan 11, 2015

For future reference United in Discounts, United in Uniform, The Perfect Rentals, Force Group Network, Force Group One, these are all the same company and scam, they just change their name over and over again.

Jhonny R.
Jan 19, 2015

Sorry, I am a member of United in Discounts and you guys are scammers! I've NEVER received any opportunities! It's said you will get plenty of renters and that never happens! Don't get fooled by this everyone! United in Discounts took my money and ran!

bobbyh51 wrote:
I work for United in Discounts.Heres the truth.We are not a timeshare company.We are a discount company with over 6 million members.Heres what we do!We charge a fee to owners because no one works for free!We do rent these weeks whether its rci or interval weeks if our member can access them we will rent them for discounted rates and the owners get paid.If United in Discounts were a sham then please tell me why we have over 18,000 retailers that also PAY our company to advertise and use their businesses for discounts to our member companies such as MACYS,BLOOMINGDALES,TGI FRIDAYS,IHOP,2 FOR 1 THEME PARK TICKETS AND SO MUCH MORE!!!...hello...has any other company offered this before?..no! so theres your answer!..We are a members only company and offer our discounts STRICTLY to our military,ems services,firefighters,law enforcement ,teachers and nurses.

Vincent T.
Jan 20, 2015

Further proof of the cardinal rule for timeshare owners. Never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare.

Sadly, many timeshare owners have learned this the hard way.

Lance C.
Apr 07, 2015

Does anyone have contact information for a BBB where this company (if you want to call it that) can be reported to? They illegally charged my credit card even though I never signed anything agreeing to it. Yes I gave them my CC info but as soon as I saw the material they sent me the same day, I knew it was a scam and promptly initiated the so called 3 day cancellation clause and told them I wasn't signing their paperwork. They went ahead and charged my credit card and due to an unfortunate serious family situation that distracted me, I didn't catch that the credit card was charged and unfortunately I let the deadline pass for disputing the charge on my card. Lesson learned. But I'd still like to turn them in to the proper authorities or agency to get them to stop their illegal business practices. Any ideas on how to proceed after the fact.

Barb H.
Apr 08, 2015

File a complaint with the consumer affairs department in your state. You can google them. It might be listed under the Attorney Generals office.

Don P.
Apr 08, 2015

harrisbmo wrote:
Does anyone have contact information for a BBB where this company (if you want to call it that) can be reported to?

You can report them to the BBB if you want but it will accomplish absolutely nothing. What can the BBB do to this company?

As Don P stated, report this to the Attorney-General.

Lance C.
Apr 08, 2015

bobbyh51 - thanks for your response. I wish all you wrote was true - why does this thread exist? Why do so many here experienced the same as I did? I know there is a class action lawsuit pending. For those out there - be warned. If not from me, from everyone else that also share a similar experience. It's sad there are so many out there that work hard for their money to earn a living and folks like United in Discounts mislead like this.

Vincent T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.