The Manhattan Club

The Manhattan Club Lawsuit - RedWeek's Report & Most Recent Info

Aug 04, 2017

I couldn't agree more! I paid $60,000 CASH for my TMC unit and I continued to pay maintenance fees and taxes for many years. I figure I'm out at least $75,000 and I will no longer give Ian Bruce Eichner and his team of scam artrists another penny of my money that I work hard for everyday! I do not consider myself a "deadbeat" and I resent being labeled as such. Those who chose to continue to pay their fess are entirely free to do so but I will not continue to line the pockets of the very thieves that have stolen our money for years.

sherylbaronb wrote:
What planet are you on, William? I (we) totally agree with Sally, Tulip, Chris and all the other "owners" who have been victims of the Eichner scam.

Becky F
Aug 04, 2017

three, four.....................or as many as you want, CHEERS for BECKY.....I SECOND HER EVERY WORD......."deadbeat" s indeed. rather, JERKS, IF WE CONTINUE TO FUND EICHNER AND HIS DEVIOUS CREW OF SCHEMING, FRAUDULENT MONEY MONGERS. WE ALL LOST AND WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE (IF WE CONTINUE TO PAY) MUCHO $$$$$ IN MOST OF OUR DEALINGS WITH TMC.

chris

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Aug 04, 2017 04:16 PM

Aug 05, 2017

What is the currrnt status of the lawsuit?

Kenneth A.
Aug 05, 2017

I agree with you 100%. We paid over 45,000 to them and who Knows how much in fees. We stopped paying the fees also. I hope that the courts get the bums.

Gary S.
Aug 05, 2017

Did they try to sue you for not paying the fees?

Yehuda H.
Aug 06, 2017

You all seem like smart people. Why is it that you didn't read the documents that you signed or feel you do not have to abide by them without legal advice?

William M.
Aug 06, 2017

it doesn't take a genius to determine that TMC, due to its fraudulent actions as demonstrated in the NYSAG'S UNDERCOVER INVESTIGATIONS, have nulled and voided its own agreement.............n''est pas? it can be that the "legal advice" admittedly stretched, could have been provided by this investigation.

chris

williamm465 wrote:
You all seem like smart people. Why is it that you didn't read the documents that you signed or feel you do not have to abide by them without legal advice?

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Aug 06, 2017 07:03 AM

Aug 06, 2017

Because they kept amending the documents!! And seldom forwarded any documentation to us. When I purchased my 2 weeks there shortly after Eichner began selling the timeshares, it was represented to me that the final documents would be sent to me and one selling point was that they would have a rental program for the owners whereby if the owners did not use their week or weeks, they could put them with the Manhattan Club rental department and receive all the rent less a very minor fee. Of course, we know that never happened. I even wrote to the attorney handling the recording for them and asked why that policy had not been implemented. No answer. A copy of my letter has been forwarded to the Attorney General's office as it was addressed to the attorney at the time and it's possible he could be subpoenaed in the pending lawsuit. It was shady from the start. Why do you think there would be an investigation by the NY State Attorney General's office and then legal action if everything was above board?? Where in your documents does it say they can sell more units than are in existence, that they can deny owner's their usage but the developer retains the right to rent those weeks and pocket the money?? How many sets of amended documents were you given??

Gail J.
Aug 06, 2017

ladies and gentlemen, defrauded owners of weeks at THE MANHATTAN CLUB TIMESHARE: (RE THE MANHATTAN CLUB LAWSUIT)

although this entire court case (or whatever it's legally called) is now well into its third year. does anyone know who's monitoring these proceedings besides the newly appointed judge? isn't there any impartial legal court referee (if you will) who can accelerate these proceedings moving more rapidly to an acceptable conclusion?..........after all this (consider it wasted) time. i always thought the american legal justice system was reasonably swift. considering this TMC case, i currently have doubts about that. i cant't comment with any legal authority or full legal knowledge, but my assumption is that there should be an impartial court watchdog authority (again, referee if you will) to monitor this case and bring these proceedings to some kind of conclusion soon for the financial benefit of us MANHATTAN CLUB timeshare owners. if this means bringing the case to a court of law with a judge and jury, so be it. if a crime has allegedly been committed, then the procedures for that fact must be put into action now. NO MORE WASTED TIME WHILE EICHNER CONTINUES TO MAKE MORE AND MORE FINANCIAL GAINS AT THE EXPENSE OF US SWINDLED MANHATTAN CLUB OWNERS. that i am aware of,. none of us redweek.com forum members have yet to see any conclusive comments from mr schneiderman, our new york state attorney general or his staff concerning this matter which impacts in a definitively negative financial manner on all of us MANHATTAN CLUB TIMESHARE OWNERS.

keep in touch, fellow defrauded MANHATTAN CLUB TIMESHARE OWNERS. perhaps one of these days we'll be restored to most of our former fair financial status with regards to our ownership.

chris.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Aug 06, 2017 06:35 PM

Aug 07, 2017

The Manhattan club obviously did some very shady things, or worse, probably illegal. That does not mean we can stop paying fees we agreed to pay. What might happen? 1. We may have to pay them later with penalty fees and/or interest. 2. We obviously can't use our weeks. (I love Manhattan.) 3. Our credit scores may take a big hit. 4. The rest of us (probably about 99.9%) will have to pay a few more dollars in our fees.

Who would believe a timeshare salesperson who promises a rental program that is not in the documents.

Did anyone get advice from an attorney saying not to pay the fees? If yes, I suggest the attorney be fired.

I have never had a problem using my time. The key is to book as soon as is permitted.

William M.

Last edited by williamm465 on Aug 07, 2017 09:40 AM

Aug 07, 2017

As I stated in my previous post, I paid $60K CASH and at the time I purchased I was told several things....1) I was told that I would be "buying a piece of Manhattan" and non-owners would never be able to stay at TMC. This was a lie! 2) At the time I purchased my unit the fees were under $1,600 per year and I was told that the fees would only go "up slightly" which was a lie! My fees are not OVER $3,400 a year. 3) I was told that I could stay at TMC any time but if I wanted a special time of year (Thanksgiving and Christmas) to book out at least 9-12 months in advance, but other times of the year would be no problem if I reserved at least a month in advance. That was a lie! 4) I was told that my unit would be well maintained and the furniture would be replaced on a regular basis. That was a lie! The last time I stayed at TMC the furniture and carpert were dirty and worn. The bar area looked fabulous with the new renovations, I'm sure because this is where the public NON-OWNERS are taken on a tour of TMC, but the room was dirty, dingy, and clearly not as nice as a room at the Ritz, which I thought I paid for when I gave TMC $60,000 CASH. I entered the agreement with TMC in good faith by handing over $60K at the time of signing the agreement. Over the past several years TMC did not keep up their promises in good faith as I witnessed each time I stayed there. This is disgraceful and nothing more than a criminal situation. I don't care if TMC reports this to a credit agency. I will re-earn my credit standing eventually should they do so. What I won't do is get my money back!

Becky F
Aug 07, 2017

I am curious if anyone attended the recent owners meeting.

Kevin O.
Aug 07, 2017

I spoke with Schneiderman's office today. I was told that no timeshares have been sold and none bought back since 2014. They are also not allowed any foreclosures. I questioned the office about whether my credit can be ruined by not paying my fees and was told not likely. The Manhattan club has been harassing me with calls and letters adding penalties and late fees to my already exorbitant maintenance fees. I have decided this year to stop feeding this monster. I will ride it out and see what action the lawsuit brings. I may also consult an attorney regarding this. Any suggestions?

Angela G.
Aug 07, 2017

Any recent news on the lawsuit?

Angela G.
Aug 07, 2017

angelag305 wrote:
I spoke with Schneiderman's office today. I was told that no timeshares have been sold and none bought back since 2014. They are also not allowed any foreclosures. I questioned the office about whether my credit can be ruined by not paying my fees and was told not likely. The Manhattan club has been harassing me with calls and letters adding penalties and late fees to my already exorbitant maintenance fees. I have decided this year to stop feeding this monster. I will ride it out and see what action the lawsuit brings. I may also consult an attorney regarding this. Any suggestions?

hi angelag.............

here's a quote from an attorney i recently had contact with (who will currently remain nameless, but an authentic, verified united states attorney with real estate and timeshare expertise): " If you were my client I'd probably be suggesting withholding maintenance fees, at least until the dust clears." specifically referring to THE MANHATTAN CLUB LAWSUIT. that's sound enough advice for me to follow. no more funding eichner and his legal team which is clearly working against TMC owners to satisfy their own greed and fill their pockets with illegally acquired millions of our dollars. DON'T PAY THEM ANOTHER PENNY "at least until the dust clears."

keep in touch.

chris

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Aug 07, 2017 06:45 PM

Aug 07, 2017

We haven't paid fees for 3 yrs and our credit score has not changed

Elaine F.
Aug 07, 2017

Are you still able to book a stay at the Manhattan Club if you haven't been paying the maintenance assessments?

Gail J.
Aug 07, 2017

William, using your logic "I guess it's a sign of the times. "I screwed up, but it is someone else's fault", if you look at this situation in which over 18 thousand plus people (we don't even know how many there are) trusted TMC and invested in TMC in good faith are the ones who got screwed so in turn Ian Bruce Eichner is screwing you! If he was an honest, ethical person, wouldn't he go after those "deadbeats" who haven't paid and leave those of you who aren't "deadbeats" alone and honor the terms of the agreement by not raising your fees, and making your unit THAT YOU PAID FOR available when you want to use it? It's a known fact that Ian Bruce Eichner set up a fake corporation with NO EMPLOYEES taking in $8M a year. You've been happily, and foolishly funding this fake corporation and yet he still wants more money from you by raising your annual fees! In fact, he raised our fees by 400% and in addition to that, kept all the money he received from the general public non-owner rentals. How you can be honorable in an un-honorable situation such as this is certainly your prerogative, but do not blast those of us who feel we should take another road. Your comments are offensive and, although you have a right to your opinion, please do not "get on your soapbox" about how we are making this someone else's problem. Ian Bruce Eichner is making it someone else's problem! I am a successful professional and I have never defaulted on a loan or agreement in my life! But I'm not stupid and I refuse to keep throwing good money after bad. You seem to forget that we have ALL lost money on this foolish investment, and you will end up in the same boat as all of us, but you'll have lost more money as each year goes by.

Becky F
Aug 08, 2017

Even employees (sales people) had to sue (as a group) to get paid several years ago...after I had purchased in 2003. They were owed thousands of dollars. Fortunately for them, they received funds due them. TMC owners are unethical, only out for themselves.

beckyf76 wrote:
William, using your logic "I guess it's a sign of the times. "I screwed up, but it is someone else's fault", if you look at this situation in which over 18 thousand plus people (we don't even know how many there are) trusted TMC and invested in TMC in good faith are the ones who got screwed so in turn Ian Bruce Eichner is screwing you! If he was an honest, ethical person, wouldn't he go after those "deadbeats" who haven't paid and leave those of you who aren't "deadbeats" alone and honor the terms of the agreement by not raising your fees, and making your unit THAT YOU PAID FOR available when you want to use it? It's a known fact that Ian Bruce Eichner set up a fake corporation with NO EMPLOYEES taking in $8M a year. You've been happily, and foolishly funding this fake corporation and yet he still wants more money from you by raising your annual fees! In fact, he raised our fees by 400% and in addition to that, kept all the money he received from the general public non-owner rentals. How you can be honorable in an un-honorable situation such as this is certainly your prerogative, but do not blast those of us who feel we should take another road. Your comments are offensive and, although you have a right to your opinion, please do not "get on your soapbox" about how we are making this someone else's problem. Ian Bruce Eichner is making it someone else's problem! I am a successful professional and I have never defaulted on a loan or agreement in my life! But I'm not stupid and I refuse to keep throwing good money after bad. You seem to forget that we have ALL lost money on this foolish investment, and you will end up in the same boat as all of us, but you'll have lost more money as each year goes by.

C G.
Aug 08, 2017

absolutely not. no pay.............no stay.

i found that out via experience.

chris

tulipblossom wrote:
Are you still able to book a stay at the Manhattan Club if you haven't been paying the maintenance assessments?

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Aug 09, 2017 08:26 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.