Timeshare Companies

Class Action Against Diamond Resorts?

Jan 24, 2017

I have read several comments from people who think January 22 is the last day to file a complaint if you live in AZ and purchased a DRI timeshare anywhere or if you purchased in AZ. Owners have 120 days to file a complaint. This from the AZ AG press release: The relinquishment program will be available to qualifying consumers who no longer want their Diamond Resorts timeshares. To be considered for the relinquishment program, consumers must: (1) no longer want their Diamond timeshare; (2) have purchased their timeshare after 2011 and prior to January 22, 2017, and (3) file a complaint with the Attorney General’s Office within 120 days after the court signs the order (deadline expected to occur near the end of April / beginning of May) .

Irene P.
Jan 31, 2017

New "Clarity program" by DRI or the New Trap for the owners with QA recording sessions by DRI, but owners are not allowed to record.

Owners be aware: http://insidetimeshare.com/latest-news-europe-us/

Julia M.
Feb 01, 2017

1 Billion Class Action Law Suit against Diamond Resorts International

http://insidetimeshare.com/1billion-law-suit-diamond-resorts-international/

Julia M.
Feb 01, 2017

As of two weeks ago a class action captioned Finnazo v. DRI, filed 10-16-16 in the USDC for the Central District of CA was still pending. See Case 5:16-cv-02256-VAP-KK

Am I going crazy or did someone remove about years worth of posts to this thread?

Susan B.
Feb 06, 2017

I was definitely provided false information during my presentation. I would love to talk to anyone doing a class action or have any information about what I can do. Please reach out to me at ktcbgregory1@gmail.com Thank you.

Teri G.
Feb 07, 2017

Many of the owners I have interacted with have no clue when it comes to what and how regulatory agencies work. One owner asked me for the contact information for THE attorney general.

http://insidetimeshare.com/chicken-soup-timeshares-soul/

Julia M.
Feb 08, 2017

Irene, I went to the website however I cannot find the actual complaint form for the AZ AG.

Teri G.
Feb 08, 2017

Timeshare owners, attorneys and advocates

The $800,000 Arizona AG award to Diamond owners (less $150,000 for attorney fees and court costs) may be pocket change to Diamond, but it sends a strong message to all the people I reached out to asking them to file a complaint rather than just vent on complaint sites.

https://www.azag.gov/press-release/attorney-general-brnovich-announces-800000-settlement-diamond-resorts

Julia M.
Feb 08, 2017

You can find Consumer Complain Form using this link: https://www.azag.gov/complaints/consumer

Julia M.
Feb 09, 2017

Just posted this blog on redweek.com. It provides a complete rundown on the Arizona settlement, Diamond's Clarity program and a new class-action, elder abuse case, filed Jan. 29 against Diamond in federal court.

http://blog.redweek.com/2017/02/diamond-resorts-settlements-and-class-actions.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RedWeekTimeshareBlog+%28The+RedWeek.com+Timeshare+Blog%29

Jeffrey W.
Feb 09, 2017

nI bought my one week in Branson Mo probably before 2009 and then added two sets of points and then it was called DRI . I tried to sell. It or whatever and contacted a company named Pacific Transfer based this Pacific company told me to stop paying. They are

in Torrance California. It's been one hassle a free another till now . Now I can't get them on the phone and all the phones pertaining to them are all busy. I have about 6 or 7 of them. Besides the original $1800 and some dollars charged at the beginning I had to pay them an extra $300 that went to a lawyer They worked with.,a

Michael Bell that according to them did the final papers. While googling today I found this web site today ! I don't have a way of contacting as the phones are all busy nobody is answering it! In the mean time I'm paying $260 a month for maintenance fee and they had the nerve to charge me &25 for been late and not pay the whole thing in Jan. I'm in 80 year old bracket and I can't pay those fees specially as my husband passed away in Nov 2015,. What do anyone can recommend me to do? I'm desperate now! Have you heard of ""Timeshares by Owner""? I'm dealing with them too but it's to get a time share I got at least 25 years ago and we have outgrown it! Any info will be greatly appreciated! My email is trips4f@netsync.net. Thanks!

Thelma S.

Last edited by thelmas17 on Feb 12, 2017 08:45 AM

Feb 09, 2017

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract. If your home resort agrees to take it back then it's safe to deal with them. If they require you to pay the next years maintenance fees then it's safe to pay them if you are dealing directly with the resort.

Don P.
Feb 11, 2017

I am providing the new Facebook page. A network of advocates for members and owners at Diamond Resorts International.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DiamondResortsOwnersAdvocacy/

A network of owners, attorneys, journalists and advocates will be able to offer useful information which can be helpful.

Julia M.
Feb 12, 2017

How do I go about contacting DRI and asking to just take the deeds and take my name off it period ! I just want out of it! This Pacific transfer company is not answering now so I think I got screwed by them. It's been more than 5 years dealing with them . I bought in Branson so I have nothing to do with Arizona! When I looked in Google for lawyers namesMichael Bell there is about 6 with different middle initials so I don't know who to call.my total ownership is 15,000 points! In 3 contracts because the 2nd and 3rd were bought at different times! My original cop sting is down bellow this one done about 3 days ago. Thank you so much thelmas17

Thelma S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 12, 2017 05:25 PM

Feb 12, 2017

How do I go about contacting DRI and asking to just take the deeds and take my name off it period ! I just want out of it! This Pacific transfer company is not answering now so I think I got screwed by them. It's been more than 5 years dealing with them . I bought in Branson so I have nothing to do with Arizona! When I looked in Google for lawyers namesMichael Bell there is about 6 with different middle initials so I don't know who to call.my total ownership is 15,000 points! In 3 contracts because the 2nd and 3rd were bought at different times! My original cop sting is down bellow this one done about 3 days ago. Thank you so much thelmas17

irenep59 wrote:
louann16 If you would like more information on this topic Friend me on Facebook/irene.parker.7923 You can also read about upcoming legal issues and the $800000 Diamond Resorts settlement with the Arizona Attorney General by going to Inside Timeshare. The AZ AG has issued an "Assurance of Discontinuance" due to Diamond violating the Arizona deceptive practices act. A recent article about the settlement has been published by Inside Timeshare. Diamond has created a new Clarity program in response. I will be writing an article about the program next week. I will be talking to the DRI spokesperson about it today.

I am working with Diamond's PR person and spokesperson, Diamonds newly formed Consumer Advocacy and, when necessary, Diamond's In-House Counsel. They have been helpful having resolved several owner issues and have responded by correcting a problem, relinquishing the contract, all the way to full refund when deception and fraud was apparent. This has resulted in my removing such owners from my list of people pursing a class action which can take years to accomplish. In several cases, it saved the family legal fees.

Thelma S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 12, 2017 05:26 PM

Feb 12, 2017

Thelmas 17 There is a newly launched Diamond Owners Advocate Facebook page where you will find others in your situation offering one on one help.

You can PM me there to gather more information about your situation. You can contact Diamond at loss mitigation to request a surrender, but surrenders are not guaranteed. I only intervene if Diamond denies your surrender.

Please join this Diamond Resorts Owners Advocate Facebook. I will copy your post to let them know why you are joining. Please identify yourself as Thelmas 17 from RedWeek.

Irene P.
Feb 12, 2017

Have you ever gotten any movement on this? I am in the same position. Contracted with ILX and never given the option to "opt out". Just taken prisoner on a resort that no longer traded in Interval and being an east coaster could no longer afford to travel to this resort. I just don't get how they can successfully get away with this for so long.

andreah255 wrote:
I too was taken advantage of by DRI. I bought an ILX resort in Sedona, AZ. The MFs were reasonable, IMO. As soon as DRI bought it, the fees skyrocketed. I have just started a FB page so that maybe we can all band together in one place & get something done about this. I have a question for everyone. Was anyone given the option to opt out of DRI or to sell back your timeshare when they took over? I feel like I signed a contract with ILX, not DRI & shouldn't be held to DRI's horrible policies. Maybe I'm just being naive. Btw, my FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/angryaboutdiamondresorts

Please like the page & share it with anyone else you know that is unhappy with DRI.

Also, if anyone is interested in a class action suit against DRI, please go like the FB page & message me, either here or there. There's strength in numbers! Let's stop complaining & start doing something about them.

Laurie P.
Feb 12, 2017

lauriep109 The reason Diamond has been able to "get away with this", as you put it, is because people mostly just complain on complaint sites. The timeshare industry has an organized and powerful lobby, as opposed to owners with almost no organization or power. I too became a DRI owner as a result of purchasing at ILX. The angryaboutdiamond Facebook does not seem that active. I am working daily with over 30 owners, attorneys, advocates, former DRI sales agents and journalists to organize efforts. Working together, some have been instrumental in achieving the $800000 AZ AG settlement, by encouraging people to file complaints with the AZ AG, the CFPB, other appropriate Attorneys General and a billion dollar lawsuit filed by the 40 year old Nevada firm Albright Stoddard Warnick and Albright. The owners I work with bring a tsunami of talent, dedication, knowledge and experience gained over professional careers. Please consider joining this Facebook updating owners when new information comes to light. To join identify yourself as Lauriep109 from RedWeek. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DiamondResortsOwnersAdvocacy/

Irene P.
Feb 22, 2017

Where do I go on FB to join you?

Cristy V.
Feb 22, 2017

Julia M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.