Timeshare Companies

Class Action Against Diamond Resorts?

Aug 10, 2017

I was lied to by Rick told the same BS about selling points, and booking with 1/2 points willing to be a witness in any action to file a law suit,

Michael K.
Aug 14, 2017

Me and my wife just get what they call sampler its 20,000 points for $4,000 that we have to use within in 24 months. As I was reading the contract we sign up for no right of rescission, cancellation or refund. I just built my good credit back and Iam afraid if I just not going to make a payment they will ruin my good credit and receive those stressful phone calls we've been before. Reading all this complaints we decided to cancel this . We don't want to go through what others are going through and before we get to deeper debt. Who can help us

Noel Y.
Aug 14, 2017

noely7 wrote:
As I was reading the contract we sign up for no right of rescission, cancellation or refund.

That's bogus! That's simply a scare tactic. You legally have time to rescind regardless of some rescission waiver.

Follow the instructions exactly on how to rescind. They should be in your contract or ownership package. Get right on it because you are running out of time to do so.

Lance C.
Aug 15, 2017

When you buy a sampler package, a one time use of points, there may not be a rescission period. Timeshare rescission is mandated in every state. Not all states require rescission periods for samplers, also known as explorer or discovery packages by other timeshare companies. Even though not every state is required I know Wyndham does offer rescission on their discovery packages regardless of the state it was purchased in.

DRI though probably only offers rescission for this type of package in states that require it. Regardless it still worth a shot. Send a letter stating that your wish to rescind the contract. Make sure it is dated and signed by all purchasers and send it back by certified mail. It can't hurt and the worst that could happen is you receive a reply stating that DRI does not offer rescission for the type of purchase you made in the state you purchased it.

Tracey S.
Aug 15, 2017

Anyone have a good recommendation for a reseller. I have a fully paid Monarch odd year plan I want to sell so I can get rid of the maintenance fees, which I have paid thru the end of 2017. Email me at R3designs at ymail dot com and yes it is ymail.

Robert R.
Aug 15, 2017

will call you soon

Michael K.
Aug 16, 2017

robertr1145 wrote:
Anyone have a good recommendation for a reseller.

The website ltrba.com has some reputable resellers. They are licensed and take their commission out of the proceeds of the sale, not upfront. However, depending on what you have and what it's worth, they might tell you that your unit has little or no resale value and that you would be better off trying to sell it yourself or giving it away.

You can list it for sale or giveaway here on RedWeek.

Lance C.
Aug 22, 2017

I also bought sampler pkg!!! And the lies keep adding up, and response I get is back to the contract that I was rushed through signing after hours of being there! I even unfortunately went with their credit card too! I am also debating on not paying! They can lie, why can't I??

Beth W.
Aug 23, 2017

You should file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau under the mortgage option (even if no mortgage) and then select Barclays if a credit card was used.

At least with a sampler you are not locked into lifelong maintenance fees. This is our Advocacy Facebook of over 400 members going through what you are going through.

We seek to provide Diamond Resort members a way to proactively address membership concerns; to advocate for timeshare reform; to obtain greater disclosure from the company; to advocate for a viable secondary market; and to educate prospective buyers.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DiamondResortsOwnersAdvocacy/

Out of 128 complaints heard, 74 formal complaints have been filed with 31 positive outcome $722,353 in loan cancellations and refunds but it is always an uphill battle and a fight to the finish as they automatically deny hoping the member will go away. Terms are confidential as the member must sign a mutual release agreeing not to discuss terms or ever say anything disparaging about Diamond Resorts, but one recent positive outcome took a year and a dose of the fighting Irish.

Irene P.
Aug 30, 2017

I am a DRI member at the ‘Club’ level with 10,500 points/year. Between 07/29/2017 and 08/04/2017, we stayed at the Polo Towers in Las Vegas, NV. On Wednesday, 08/02, we attended an ‘owner update’ in which DRI agent Benito wanted to know how we were using our current membership, and what issues/concerns we had. We listed the following: 1. Had plenty of points (10,500) on an annual basis, but could not use them for the resorts we desired during our vacation windows of opportunity. 2. Concern over the rising maintenance ($2142 in 2016). Benito asked, “What if you could vacation at the resorts you wanted, and not have to pay any annual maintenance?” That certainly attracted our attention, since it would address our 2 chief concerns, so he went on to highlight the main features of a $3995 20,000 point ‘Sampler’ package: • Upgrade to next higher level with 20,000 points for 2 year trial (Silver status) • One ‘special reservation’ per year, with access to destinations and inventory not available to our current membership level • Use of a DRI credit card (Barclay Bank) to offset annual maintenance fees at rate of .20/dollar charged That seemed reasonable, because to cover the $3000 (if upgraded to Silver level) at .20/dollar spent would require total charges of $15000/year, which seemed feasible.

We were sold a ‘Sampler’ package for $3995, with the instructions that we could start booking reservations for 2018 after 14 days. After the requisite waiting period, I logged in to the DRI website, and saw that I had to choose between my regular Club membership or the newly-activated ‘Sampler’ membership. The following is what I discovered: • In our Club membership, we had access to over 200 destinations, with 146 resorts in the U.S. With the Sampler, we could only access 34, which did not include any of the destinations we wished to try. • The reservation agent knew nothing about the ‘one special reservation/year’, and didn’t think it was associated with any level of membership • After signing up and accessing my online account for the DRI CC with Barclay Bank, I discovered that the actual accrual rate turned out to be .02/dollar charged, NOT .20! This means that in order to offset a $3000 maintenance fee would require $150000 in charges, which is grossly unreasonable.

In summary, we are now left with an additional 20,000 points that we can’t use over the next 2 years, due to non-availability of the promised destinations, and non-existence of the ‘special’ reservations. Additionally, we can’t recoup more than a tenth of our annual maintenance fees even using the DRI credit card to its fullest, due to the grossly-exaggerated point earnings promised. The above is just another example of how Diamond sales agents distort the truth in a custom fashion in order to best accommodate customer concerns/needs. Since the purchase, Agent Benito has not responded to any text messages.

Mark W.

Last edited by markw894 on Aug 30, 2017 07:30 AM

Sep 01, 2017

Brenda Gibbs - Our DRI Advocacy Facebook has people working behind the scenes and out front to resolve DRI issues. To date DRI has refunded or cancelled $722,353 worth of points and weeks, but always a battle and never a guarantee. I estimate we have saved families a conservative $170,000 not having to retain a lawyer, although several lawyers have reviewed cases without charge. There have been many complaints against the Virginia sales center. Polo Towers is sending their agents to train VA agents. At the top of our Facebook page there is a complaint form. The member sends their complaint to DRI Advocacy and I send the complaint to DRI CEO Team, NTOA as they are tracking complaints for us, Barclays President's office if a credit card or loan is involved, DRI PR firm launching Clarity, and Robert Clements, General Counsel and Lobbyist for ARDA for Violating ARDA's Code of Ethics which appears to be meaningless. We give it a week before filing regulatory complaints. I have taken 130 DRI complaints, 73 formal, 31 positive outcomes. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DiamondResortsOwnersAdvocacy/ Michaellk819 Noely7 I have learned it is still a good idea to file a complaint with the CFPB. For some unknown reason I received two phone calls from Mr. Wilson President's office, Barclays Bank and two letters from Mr. Nickerson, President's office of Barclaycard. Just yesterday I sent the latter an eight page letter describing the pattern of up-sell complaints - maintenance fee relief programs that do not exist and the ability to sell if you up-grade to the next level.

We take it as far as we can go. If there is a loan and not enough bait and switch and deceit, reaching a dead end, I refer to a Florida and Nevada lawyer. If the family is headed for foreclosure, for California residents I have a good debt collection attorney based on reports that have come back to me after referring. Of course, DRI never admits wrong doing. It helps to have a debilitating illness.

There is no debtors prison in America. One of the articles I wrote I called the 3Rs or F of timeshare - Resolution, Refund, Relinquishment or Foreclosure. No one should be stuck with anything for life. I use the process I learned working for Family Court. I am a volunteer. ARDA accused me of being compensated which is illegal if soliciting for attorneys but ended up shooting themselves in the foot with that one.

Irene P.
Sep 03, 2017

Hi,

Please let me know if anyone is filing the class action law suit. I would like to join as well. They deceived me into buying sampler package saying I can book hotels internationally but now they are limiting me to only US locations. They are the number one fraud group!!!

Thanks

Raj S.
Sep 05, 2017

We bought the timeshare under the impression that we were getting enough points to be able to use them every year and that it would be easy to book our vacations. We have only been able to use it once in four years and that was only because of bonus points upon initial purchase. I would like to talk to Irene for further guidance. Please reach me at americanstray1998@yahoo.com Thank you very much!

Heather D.
Sep 10, 2017

Heather I emailed you. We live Gulf Coast Florida so anything goes as far as email and cell. It's up to Irma.

Irene P.
Sep 11, 2017

So am I allowed to post my phone number too?

Sara M.
Sep 11, 2017

Sara - you can post anything you want. It may be taken down, but you can post it. Irene is a volunteer who is trying to help people on a pro-bono basis. You seem to be a poster who wants people to go to your website in Charlotte NC for an up front timeshare cancellation situation. Don't tell me. Your personal phone is 704-800-67xx. Your commercial website for drumming up business is Linx ______. You help people after they pay your firm money. On this website it is called "advertising." Post what ever you want, but DonP will probably be all over it. This is not a commercial site. Try "Complaintsboard" again. Your up to 21 comments.

John I.

Last edited by johni116 on Sep 11, 2017 06:42 PM

Sep 12, 2017

johni116 wrote:
Sara - you can post anything you want. It may be taken down, but you can post it. Irene is a volunteer who is trying to help people on a pro-bono basis. You seem to be a poster who wants people to go to your website in Charlotte NC for an up front timeshare cancellation situation. Don't tell me. Your personal phone is 704-800-67xx. Your commercial website for drumming up business is Linx ______. You help people after they pay your firm money. On this website it is called "advertising." Post what ever you want, but DonP will probably be all over it. This is not a commercial site. Try "Complaintsboard" again. Your up to 21 comments.

Good on 'ya for being right on top of this unwelcome "advertiser" of commercial services of dubious merit or value.

KC
Sep 21, 2017

We were lied to by Mark Schilling at the Williamsburg,VA resort. We have been trying to cancel our contract since. Is there someone I can talk to about this?

Lauren Y.
Sep 21, 2017

Sara: You are just another parasite trying to scam people who were already scammed out of even more money. May you reap your just rewards for your deplorable actions.

David K.

Last edited by davidk689 on Sep 21, 2017 01:43 PM

Oct 01, 2017

We were lied to as well. We have had the timeshare since 2015 & haven't been able to use it once. However, they have collected nearly $10k from us in that time. Interval sends us certificates for a "free" week, but wants $400 to redeem our "free" week. Diamond & Interval are engaging in false advertising, and misrepresenting their timeshare during sales presentations. We also want our contract voided. There needs to be a class action lawsuit. TOTAL SCAM!!

laureny14 wrote:
We were lied to by Mark Schilling at the Williamsburg,VA resort. We have been trying to cancel our contract since. Is there someone I can talk to about this?

Pamela B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.