Ask RedWeek

Internaltional Business Events

Nov 21, 2014

Is there any information on IBE, (International Business Events)? They claim to be a rental company for special events and want to rent timeshares. There address is 777 Tower South Figueroa, Los Angeles, CA. They are not listed with the BBB. Arlene174

Arlene G.
Nov 21, 2014

arlene174 wrote:
Is there any information on IBE, (International Business Events)? They claim to be a rental company for special events and want to rent timeshares. There address is 777 Tower South Figueroa, Los Angeles, CA. They are not listed with the BBB. Arlene174

Their website was created on March 4th of this year.

They are not registered as a corporation, LLC or even a DBA in California. They claim to be a not-for-profit organization, but they didn't show up in the California non profit registry search either.

I'm sure they will have clever excuses for all of those things, but if it were me I would avoid them. Most quality not-for-profit organizations that are on the up and up are very proud and transparent, and it won't be hard to find their licensing.

Also, you can't just be located at 777 Tower South Figueroa, Los Angeles, CA. It's a 52 story 1.25 million square foot building, so the fact that they don't give a suite number or floor is also strange.

J V.

Last edited by jordanv6 on Nov 21, 2014 01:35 PM

Nov 21, 2014

It's a SCAM !!

Don P.
Nov 21, 2014

Thank you for the info on International Business Events. I did google the address which did exist so that's why I checked with RedWeek. Sometimes I think I have "TURNIP" written on my forehead.

Thanks again Arlene174

jordanv6 wrote:
arlene174 wrote:

Their website was created on March 4th of this year.

They are not registered as a corporation, LLC or even a DBA in California. They claim to be a not-for-profit organization, but they didn't show up in the California non profit registry search either.

I'm sure they will have clever excuses for all of those things, but if it were me I would avoid them. Most quality not-for-profit organizations that are on the up and up are very proud and transparent, and it won't be hard to find their licensing.

Also, you can't just be located at 777 Tower South Figueroa, Los Angeles, CA. It's a 52 story 1.25 million square foot building, so the fact that they don't give a suite number or floor is also strange.

Arlene G.
Nov 21, 2014

Thanks

Arlene G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.