Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Can I rent out Diamond Resort timeshare

Jan 14, 2015

I am confused....I check with them they said I can't. But I see a lot of rental listed here. So, my question is...is there some DRI plan allow rental out and some don't?

See Wing M.
Jan 14, 2015

Read your contract.

Don P.
Jan 14, 2015

Are your maintenance fees paid up to date?

Lance C.
Jan 14, 2015

Yes. It's up to date. I just paid in Dec.

See Wing M.
Jan 15, 2015

I have a diamond resort and I do rent it out :) As long as you are paid up, you are fine. Just make sure you put the guest certificate in their name. I tell people with a down deposit they can get confirmation and with final payment they will receive the guest certificate. I also include in pricing the amount incase they cancel last minute so you don't lose your points /weeks.

Christina R.
Jan 15, 2015

Great. Thanks so much!

See Wing M.
Jul 06, 2019

How do you go about renting it out when maintenance fees are paid up to date? I want to help my grandmother rent hers. After my grandfather passed a couple of years ago, she doesn’t use it but she is interested in renting before attempting to sell.

Tiffanicharise
Jul 06, 2019

Tiffanicharise: You will find the options for renting your timeshare on this page: Rental Options

(https://www.redweek.com/resources/rental-process/owner)

If you need further assistance, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page. Thanks!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Jul 06, 2019 10:02 AM

Oct 01, 2019

Christina,

I have a question, I'm trying to rent out one of my weeks. But I'm not sure how to do it. Do I reserve it under my name and then change it when I get a reservation? I know you talked about this 4 years ago, but my husband and I just started diamond and we have been told by almost everyone that we have talked to that we can do this, but I'm not sure how to do it.

Thank you.

Kristina H.
Dec 21, 2022

How do I go about renting my timeshare without being scammed

Tracie T.
Dec 21, 2022

traciet27 wrote:
How do I go about renting my timeshare without being scammed

Here's a good, brief article:

https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/how-to-rent-your-timeshare.43/

Just remember the first and most important rule. Never pay anyone an upfront fee to rent out, sell, or "cancel' your timeshare. Those are scams.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.