The Grand Mayan at Vidanta Los Cabos

Our favorite Grand Mayan finally came thru

Feb 13, 2015

POSTED 15 Feb 2015. We were stonewalled by the grand mayan until the day we were checking out. Finally, they agreed to 1) let us stay for the last day, 2) not charge us (we were there only 6 days) and 3) compensate us for charging full -- spa included -- rates when the spa was still under construction.

Here is our original complaint, with the fee and reservation issues now resolved. *************************************** POSTED 14 Feb 2015. First, construction - bravo to the work force toiling from 8 am to 9 pm daily to create a new Grand Mayan. They make amazing progress every day -- we know because it is taking place in front of us. when I called to ask the reservations department about the construction, I was told "it is all behind walls - you won't be aware of it." Actually we wake up daily on a major construction site: pounding in supports, grinding girders, jack-hammering floors. You can't sit on the porches anytime because, even at night, they have flood lights beaming upward. MESSAGE:

Second, Spa - the reservations clerk advised me to pay the Grand Luxxe fee (we are GL members) for our stay so that we could use the spa and have other Luxxe privileges during our stay here. THERE IS NO SPA. I have been trying to get the extra money credited to my credit card, but so far no luck. I feel this is the least management could do, as we received none of the promised amenities.

Third, room availability. Our week long reservation originally went from Feb 8-15, so the 15th is our day of departure from Cabo. When we learned (after almost daily calls) that the one bedroom we had requested was available on Feb 7-14, we switched dates, with the understanding that the hotel would be able to find us a room for the night of the 14th. "there are lots of cancellations." Here it is our LAST NIGHT and we have no place to stay tomorrow. Maybe the reservations desk will find us something - but time is running out. We arrived on the 8th -- and must depart on the 15th, Valentine's Day.

Staff here is lovely, the site is promising, but I am disappointed that management is so unresponsive. So far they have been unable to compensate us for the construction noise (a few drink coupons would have gone a long way), reimburse us for the ill-promised spa (that should have been a matter of putting the extra $ back on our CC) , or find us reservations for our last night in San Jose, even if it is not in this hotel.

Homeless in los Cabos. :(

Joan and Irwin

Irwin L.

Last edited by irwinl8 on Feb 14, 2015 10:25 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.