Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Mar 26, 2021

sandrad482 wrote:
I have another Wyndham ownership w over 1 m points ... that I have stopped paying fees on years ago. I keep receiving the bills. Wish there was a way to get Wyndham to take back that property.

Have you advertised those points "for sale" on Redweek, or MyResortsNetwork, or eBay? You must realize that they are all-but worthless -- just check current "for sale" listings. So maybe offer yours for even less.

If someone did buy them from you , would the new owner be liable for the maintenance fees that you have not paid?

And what restrictions would Wyndham put on the new owner before he/she could use them? Wyndham *always* has its hands in owners' pockets!

And would you still be liable for those back maintenance fees that you have not been paying?

You need to consider these and probably other questions in order to help someone see his/her way clear to buy your points.

There's gotta be a way out. Keep looking!

Stu M.
Mar 26, 2021

Bear in mind that Wyndham will not acknowledge (or process) a transfer of ownership for any account with its' maintenance fees currently in arrears.

In short, even if Sandra D. is willing to give the remaining ownership away for free (or even with some cash thrown in as well), the existing account would still have to be paid up first. Sandra D. has already clearly stated above that she "stopped paying fees (on that particular ownership) years ago", so even a giveaway would seem to be a non-starter.

With those facts in mind, Sandra D. may have little choice other than to just turn around, walk away --- and never pay Wyndham another cent. Frankly, there is little or nothing that Wyndham could or would do about Sandra D. making that particular decision, one which is really "no skin off Wyndham's nose" at all. Wyndham will simply retrieve the ownership back (via foreclosure) --- and their hungry, deceitful sales weasels will just promptly sell the same product (and the same lies) all over again to someone else. It's absolutely shameful, but it's also the harsh reality.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Mar 27, 2021 08:09 AM

Mar 26, 2021

Does Wyndham still require an American notary public to sign the Ovation documents. Am Canadian and live in Canada and not able to travel. Have heard you can now use an notary public on line worldwide.

Faye S.
Mar 27, 2021

fayes18 wrote:
Does Wyndham still require an American notary public to sign the Ovation documents. Am Canadian and live in Canada and not able to travel. Have heard you can now use an notary public on line worldwide.

It's a free phone call to obtain current and accurate Wyndham policy information straight from the horse's mouth.

1-855--312-9040 (for Ovation) or 1-800-251-8736 (for Title Services).

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Mar 27, 2021 08:25 AM

Mar 27, 2021

markl18 wrote:
dianek92 wrote:
Covid 19 has taken away many things, including one of the 3 years of of use of the Wyndham Resorts. We lost those weeks ... This is leaving a bad taste in my mouth for Wyndham. They said that only because of extenuating circumstances would they give an exception...I cannot think of a more extenuating circumstance than Covid...except for death.

You've been cheated.

So grind 'em down.

Call, write snail mail, and email -- to Wyndham Resort management, to press contacts on their business web site, to hospitality industry web sites, to investment sites that rate Wyndham stock, and newspapers (start with Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fortune, etc. and move on to Gannett's USA Today and others).

Send just short notes. Boil it all down to as few blunt words as possible. Nobody reads paragraphs longer than 1 or 2 lines.

And resend the notes, emails, every week. Makes the calls every week, too. Don't stop.

Is it worth your time? Well, how much do you value what they're taking from you?

And how mad are you? Is that all? Well, get MADDER!

Just wondering if there's anyone out there who actually did pester Wyndham enough to get those points back lost to Covid. I got them to extend my use year to the end of 2020, but of course Covid lasted longer than that. When I called late in the year they would not extend into 2021.

Lolli S.
Mar 27, 2021

Actually there is a location where Canadians can cross the border into the United States without the strict restrictions they have It's called Peace Arch Park in Blaine, Washington and under the Treaty of Ghent, signed in 1814 the CA government cannot stop Canadians from walking across the street to the park. We had friends who sold their home in Southern California meet a U.S. attorney to sign the documents completing the sale. My understanding is the CA government wants to close it, but the Washington Governor said no way. Google it. There is a lot more info to check out plus you may find a notary who can meet you there.

Jim H.
Apr 25, 2021

I am interested because I'm getting too old to travel, and it is difficult finding vacancies at this time. I own three timeshares, two we bought from Wyndham and one that belongs to Wyndham now but is under a different contract. Our timeshares have been a good experience. My husband passed away in 2013, but we had quite a few good Wyndham vacations. Now my adult children and I have also had good trips , but it's difficult to schedule. One of my timeshares is in Orlando, Florida, and the others are in Hawaii, Paniolo Greens on the Big Island and Bali Hai on Kauai. One problem is that I want to get rid of all three or none, because I am grandfathered in to a VIP Silver status with my points combination. I understand that my son or daughter could not inherit the status. The Ovation option sounds good to me, because I'm not ready to pay to get rid of my timeshares.

Marjorie W.
Apr 26, 2021

You wrote, in part:

marjoriew41 wrote:
I am interested because I'm getting too old to travel, and it is difficult finding vacancies at this time. ... my adult children and I have also had good trips , but it's difficult to schedule. ... I am grandfathered in to a VIP Silver status with my points combination. I understand that my son or daughter could not inherit the status. The Ovation option sounds good to me, because I'm not ready to pay to get rid of my timeshares.

From the bottom up:

o Are they paid off? If "yes" and Wyndham won't take ALL of them, then by all means consider stopping payment of maintenance fees.

o Don't pay anyone, ever, anything, to "get rid" of your timeshares.

o Do your children even WANT your timeshares? They do NOT have to accept them if they inherit them; they just write a Letter of Disclaimer and walk away.

o OF COURSE your children cannot "inherit" your VIP status! Instead, Wyndham would have their hands in your children's pockets right away to "reinstate and upgrade" your VIP status! :-(

o Finding VACANCIES depends WHOLLY on you and your children SCHEDULING trips FAR in advance and putting in for what you want at the earliest possible time. If that just can't work for them, go back to the top of this list and consider stopping payment of maintenance fees.

Stu M.

Last edited by markl18 on Apr 26, 2021 06:35 AM

May 06, 2021

I just started the exit. I have Wyndham and two other companies about to start talking about the path out.

Todd M.

Last edited by phyl21 on May 06, 2021 09:58 PM

May 06, 2021

If they are legit, you will not be required to "advance" them any money. Remember you must be up to date on maintenance fees and be free and clear of any debt. Were these companies Ovation told you to use? And finally, do you hold the deed to the property?

Jim H.
May 07, 2021

Regarding your children inheriting your timeshares, it was my understanding that direct blood relatives DO retain the VIP status. Of course the children would have to want to continue to be timeshare owners. You may wish to verify the inherited VIP status with Wyndam if that was the motivation for clearing out your investment.

Joanne K.
May 09, 2021

Thanks to this Redweek thread, we were early participants in Ovation. About four years ago, maybe five, we "got rid" of our Wyndham points based in Williamsburg and Nashville -- without a hitch. It was a fast and easy process. We've never looked back.

Has any other timeshare company/group/whateveryoucallit copied Wyndham with their own version of Ovation?

Stu M.

Last edited by markl18 on May 09, 2021 05:37 AM

May 09, 2021

markl18 wrote:
Has any other timeshare company/group/whateveryoucallit copied Wyndham with their own version of Ovation?

Diamond has its Transitions program and Westgate has its Legacy program.

Lance C.
May 19, 2021

Beware! Until the nation opens up its COvid restrictions, you might not be able to use the points they give you for turning in your timeshares in Ovation. They do not consider COVID pandemic to be extenuating circumstances. That's a rip off to me.

Diane K.
Jun 30, 2021

Does the Ovation program work with Club Wyndham Points? Or only deeded property?

Marcelyn H.
Jun 30, 2021

We got rid of our Wyndham POINTS thru Ovation about five years ago.

Stu M.
Jun 30, 2021

I read the suggestion that was made to really pressure Wyndham with emails, etc. but I sure don't have the time and energy to do that. That is why I discourage anyone I know who might be interested in a Wyndham timeshare "don't do it" because as wonderful as it was to stay at the resorts, it will cost you and they really don't care about you. If they really did, they would have extended the lost Covid years points at least 1 year. There were no extenuating circumstances greater than what the government did to us during Covid.

Diane K.
Jul 01, 2021

dianek92 wrote:
I read the suggestion that was made to really pressure Wyndham with emails, etc. but I sure don't have the time and energy to do that. .

Hmmm. I say again, "Is it worth your time? Well, how much do you value [in dollars and cents] what they're taking from you?"

BTW, Wyndham was the subject of a Dave Ramsay program yesterday. Ramsay is against timeshares generally, but his critique of Wyndham was vociferous. What I for one hated, when we still had Wyndham points, was that every little "service" from a Wyndham rep cost $59. Hello? Cha-ching! You want what? Cha-ching!

On top of that, I know from management at one resort where we still own a week (but it's for sale) that Wyndham owns a large portion of that resort and generally keeps their units out of the exchange pool so people who want to go there have to rent. Wyndham, formerly Fairfield, was part of a travel conglomerate -- CENDANT CORP. -- that owned Avis, a bunch of cats-and-dogs motel brands (e.g. Super 8, Ramada) and -- you guessed it -- RCI.

You can read about CENDANT here: https://www.econcrises.org/2016/11/29/cendant-corporation/

And then you can guess who owns RCI today. Why, it's Wyndham, of course! ,

Stu M.
Dec 13, 2021

I am interested in finding out more about this program. Please reach out to me as soon as possible

Denise H.
Dec 13, 2021

deniseh506 wrote:
I am interested in finding out more about this program. Please reach out to me as soon as possible

I suggest that you do some further internet research about the following, it would be faster than waiting for replies here. But here are some links that will help get you started:

Announcement of Certified Exit - Backed by Wyndham (replaced Ovation by Wyndham) https://www.wyndhamdestinations.com/us/en/news/press-releases/2021/wyndham-destinations-announces-certified-exit-backed-by-wyndham

Home page for the new exit program: www.CertifiedExit.com

Edward F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.