Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Dec 13, 2021

Please contact me on creditable ways to resale a fully own paid timeshare through Wyndham. 105,000 silver owner points ownership. Angela you seem very much knowledgeable about things. I’m curious. I purchased in Las Vegas Grand Desert but points

Hakim M.

Last edited by phyl21 on Dec 13, 2021 09:51 PM

Dec 13, 2021

I’m interested in learning how I can resale it and gain some of my money back or sue for misrepresentation of contract .

angelar285 wrote:
You absolutely have options running at Myrtle Beach the corporate will deny this until they're blue in the face as it is a state law as most I'm sure laws are that they are legally required to offer but they don't provide an avenue to access them if that makes sense because obviously they would rather have it for free then to let any on or no there is another option out there I'm trying to figure out how to send private messages to you guys like I mentioned this site is monitored by wyndham so that I can continue to help in any way I can

Hakim M.

Last edited by phyl21 on Dec 13, 2021 09:53 PM

Dec 14, 2021

Members of the aptly named Licensed Timeshare Resale Brokers Association charge nothing upfront to list a times. They function like a traditional real estate agent paid on commission if sold, but your timeshare is worth pennies on the dollar, like all timeshares,

https://www.licensedtimeshareresalebrokers.org/

And of course you can also advertise on RedWeek

You can't sue as most timeshare contracts have forced arbitration clauses, a kangaroo court, as the developers hire the arbitrators, as opposed to suing in which the taxpayer pays for the judge.

Irene P.
Dec 15, 2021

hakimm2 wrote:
I’m interested in learning how I can...sue for misrepresentation of contract .

That is very difficult. You have to be able to prove that there was misrepresentation. Simply saying that what the timeshare sales person told you is different from what you actually received is not sufficient. Besides, most (if not, all) contracts for timeshare sales say something along the lines of what is written in the contract is what applies and not what the sales person told you.

Lance C.
Apr 06, 2022

Hello, my frail and elderly parents are Wyndham owners who qualify for Ovation and would like to work with Wyndham to do so.

If you could help us start the process I'd be happy to document how it goes for them. I feel especially responsible as they only went to the Worldmark presentation because I was working as an appointment setter for Worldmark at the time (1999).

I appreciate any help or guidance you can give. Thank you for the informative article.

Megan L.
Apr 06, 2022

Try this number. Make sure you are talking to a Wyndham employee. 855-312-9040 This is the site with that number. https://www.wyndhamdestinations.com/us/en/wyndham-cares/certified-exit

Jim H.
Apr 06, 2022

meganl197 wrote:
Hello, my frail and elderly parents are Wyndham owners who qualify for Ovation and would like to work with Wyndham to do so. ...

Why not just call Wyndham? *We* out here in Redweek Land can't do a thing for you.

Stu M.
Apr 08, 2022

This is Wyndham’s webpage for Certified Exit (the program you want):

https://www.wyndhamdestinations.com/us/en/wyndham-cares/certified-exit

Call the phone number on that page, verify that you are talking with a Wyndham representative, and tell them you want to proceed with the Certified Exit program. You will get no money for your timeshare (the program is essentially a deed-back to Wyndham) but you will shortly be free of that torturous yearly maintenance that keeps going up and up. Be aware that there are restrictions and not everyone qualifies but there is only one way to find out: Call the number on the web page!

meganl197 wrote:
Hello, my frail and elderly parents are Wyndham owners who qualify for Ovation and would like to work with Wyndham to do so.

If you could help us start the process I'd be happy to document how it goes for them. I feel especially responsible as they only went to the Worldmark presentation because I was working as an appointment setter for Worldmark at the time (1999).

I appreciate any help or guidance you can give. Thank you for the informative article.

Edward F.
Jul 02, 2022

Hello my name is Berenice and I am looking forward to returning my time share . Can you please help me with this?

Berenice R.
Jul 02, 2022

How awesome !! I would love to say the same soon!

Berenice R.
Jul 03, 2022

berenicer7 wrote:
Hello my name is Berenice and I am looking forward to returning my time share . Can you please help me with this?

https://www.wyndhamdestinations.com/us/en/wyndham-cares/certified-exit

https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/give-back-your-unwanted-wyndham-timeshare-wyndham-ovations-wyndham-cares-certified-exit.237533/

Lance C.
Jul 25, 2022

I see the dates on several responses are 7-plus years old. I contacted Wyndham a year ago, 2021, and was referred to the realtors they recommended in Orlando, FL. The charges were ridiculous. I contacted a realtor friend of mine and they agreed, that the fees they were charging to list were not realistic. I did inquire this year, 2022 about the Ovation program and was told they would only recognize one TS I purchased for the purpose of converting the original two weeks I Inherited from my parents. I am a widow 79 years old and live on a fixed income and no longer travel. I haven't used the TS in many years. I am trying to get rid of my 300,000 annual points. I would sell everything for a one-time cost for the annual maintenance of $2800. but would need to get advice on how to transfer the titles to the deeds.

Judith M.
Jul 27, 2022

I have long advocated for CONGRESS to enact a FEDERAL TIMESHARE LAW, and have a CONSUMERS RIGHTS person in Congress spearhead it so the Timeshare/hotel/vacation club big Kahunas like Marriott/Interval and Wyndham/RCI dont go in there a ply Congress with liquor aka MONEY to STOP it or mark it up to favor them. To essentially federalize it and make federal standards and requirements for buybacks and which could benefit some of these companies, but prohibit their scam of taking back deeds/points for NOTHING and then they themselves reselling it AGAIN for now inflated dollars. THAT should be illegal. If they take it back and want to resell it, they have to give you something of value, at least 50% of their expected resell price. Essentially make them a broker for a resale with a third party. They can get a commission, it gets resold and everyone is happy.

The other thing is, I am a largely HAPPY timeshare owner and user, and its deeded at BWA and its immaculate and well run and deeded, fixed weeks, fixed unit, and my kids and grands will inherit it directly or in a family trust I might set up, so they can move usage around and not fight over who gets July 4 week every year etc. Timeshare is prepaying for vacations and with inflation running high (and will actually get REALLY high very soon, because the Fed is trapped) you paid with old dollars and not inflation dollars and thus its a pretty good product with a pretty good value overall, if you look out 20-40 years of usage. Sure the Developer got a LOT of my money 20 years ago, but amortized now, and with inflated dollars now, it was a bargain. People on average according to government stats, pay 10,000.00 a year to go on vacation, whether DisneyWorld or Cabo or some other location or overseas. If you rent a week say in Aruba for 2,500 for a three bedroom, plus airfare and food costs dining out and sundries, it can easily be 10,000 for that week for a family of four or five. So paying 35k for a three bedroom unit 20 years ago was a bargain. Yes dues matter. But I also know people who BOUGHT a home on coast of NC and paid MILLIONS and have to furnish it, repair it, insure it for fire, theft and HURRICANES, and pay all utilities monthly and then property taxes. And they use it once a quarter at most. Rarely get it rented out and sometimes renters trash it. So YOU decide. We chose Timeshare. And now with Interval we can exchange it and get either 2/1 in exchange weeks outright or 3/1 using ShortStay Exchanges (6 nights), and return to Hilton Head Island but a different resort including Disney for 3 weeks for the price of one week. Plus our dues are low by industry standards.

Finally, I know people who spent 250k on a luxury RV and drove it ten years and cant give it way for 50k. Do the math. Vacations are expensive people. But necessary. And who wants to die a spinster old single teacher with a million dollars who never went anywhere or did anything? She can leave it to alma mater, sure.....but really? You know what I mean, Vern? I bought three fixed weeks, fixed unit. I love it. It exchanges supremely well, but we most often occupy and use it (and drive there in a day, no flights needed....nyah nyah nyah Hawaiian Timeshare owners....lol) and my kids and grands LOVE it. The Developer does an excellent job. FREE GOLF at TWO SUPERB GOLF COUNTRY CLUBS on ISLAND. Free kayaks, shuffleboard, bocce ball, mini golf ON SITE. And gated, with a private pier and even a boat slip if you bring a boat. Whats not to like?

All these crybaby timeshare owners claiming they got scammed. Not really. Just sit back, enjoy your vacations, use the perks like Bonus weeks, and exchanges to fabulous places (Like Paris France and Malaga Spain, been there done that) and let your kids and grands inherit a lovely vacation spot without the headache and expense of OWNING a HOUSE outright on the beach (Hurricane risks! HUGE property taxes, upkeep, repairs, furnishings etc.) Be happy. Be grateful. I am. I am also glad I didnt buy points. I got a DEED. SEEN IT. HAVE IT.

Patrick V.
Jul 27, 2022

No kids? No grandkids? They dont want a free timeshare for the simple cheap cost of annual dues? Maximum flexibility to travel using your points? Really?

Or if no kids no grands, I am sorry.

Sell to someone at your local church. The cost to transfer a deed is maybe 400.00 and use the same attorney your resort developer used so its sure to be a clean deed. Think creative.

DONT BADMOUTH timeshares as that does NOT help you sell it.

Finally, how much usage did you and your husband get out of it? How much did you pay? And amortize that times years of usage and see what those fabulous vacations and memories cost you.

Hire an attorney who negotiates the buyback with Wyndham. Make sure He/She gets a decent offer.....because I assure you Wyndham will take that deed and resell those points/weeks all over again at their newly inflated dollars price. That is what you tell Wyndham. 99% of time they take advantage of old people who just want out, have no advocate and dont know the magic words. I would ask 10k. Maybe take 8k. Be happy. Pay your lawyer and move along. But really, what about your kids and grands? Dont they understand how to use timeshare even if they dont like your resort? I find so many people who really dont know what they have and how to use it. For heavens sake, TRAVEL! BANK THE POINTS AND GO SOMEWHERE WITH A FRIEND OR LOVED ONE to someplace magical. THINK!

judithm284 wrote:
I see the dates on several responses are 7-plus years old. I contacted Wyndham a year ago, 2021, and was referred to the realtors they recommended in Orlando, FL. The charges were ridiculous. I contacted a realtor friend of mine and they agreed, that the fees they were charging to list were not realistic. I did inquire this year, 2022 about the Ovation program and was told they would only recognize one TS I purchased for the purpose of converting the original two weeks I Inherited from my parents. I am a widow 79 years old and live on a fixed income and no longer travel. I haven't used the TS in many years. I am trying to get rid of my 300,000 annual points. I would sell everything for a one-time cost for the annual maintenance of $2800. but would need to get advice on how to transfer the titles to the deeds.

Patrick V.
Jul 27, 2022

See my responses below. DONT RETURN IT. Sell it to a friend or fellow churchgoer. Give to kids and grands and explain HOW TO USE IT and exchange it and how its prepaid vacations..and better than a hotel (small rooms, have to eat out every meal, expensive....routinely 300 a night in nice resorts usa and 500.00 a night in EU). Tired of your resort? Exchange it. Too far to fly? Exchange for something closer you can drive in a day.

Patrick V.
Jul 27, 2022

Without getting into an extended discussion, there are many owners who purchased timeshares when they were younger. What happens is one of the married couples passes away and now the widow or widower is left with something they have no use for. Plus many older folks live on a fixed income, so those monthly fees can really cut into your living expenses. We used Wyndham to get out of our timeshare and actually made a few bucks on the deal. In general a timeshare is the worst investment a person could make because you actually have lost that amount you gave the company and truly it is not an investment. We got scammed, but it was our fault, but at the time there were extenuating circumstances that clouded my thinking. Giving a timeshare to a family member today is really fantasy thinking. Giving it to a charity when timeshares on the market are a dime a dozen available also is fantasy thinking. Bottom line if a person owns a Wyndham timeshare and you are current with maintenance fees and owe nothing on your purchase, call Wyndham's Ovation. You do not need a lawyer. They will give you actual real estate companies to chose from. You will pay nothing until it is bought back other than normal closing costs which any deed transfer will have. Wyndham tried for years to have people exchange their deed for various points, claiming their maintenance fees would increase substantially over the years and by transferring the deed to them we would guaranty our monthly fees would remain the same. Brother , did we get the hard sell on that phony deal. It was at one of their "member update" times which are nothing more than a hard sell for you to buy more points for getting a free breakfast and a Amex gift card. Whoopie.

Jim H.
Oct 07, 2022

Hello my name is dekhatha and I am looking forward to returning my time share .

Dekha T.
Jan 14, 2023

Has anyone heard reports of Wyndham Ovation program being fraudulent? Has anyone received a call form Timeshare Solutions Plus, promising to get you out of your timeshare? Has anyone received a call from Michael Ortiz? He claims Ovation did not truly get us out of the timeshare, but Wyndham has been racking up maintenance fees without our knowledge and after one of us dies they will come to collect. He claims he will fix this for a fee.

Paul E.
Jan 14, 2023

I am going to use some common sense here. If you did rid yourself of the timeshare through Wyndham Ovation did you not receive a letter or document stating that you have been released from any further fees and ownership rights? Next, how would someone know if you were actually still being charged for those fees. Next, if you were, why have you not seen a bill from Wyndham? Next, call Ovation first. Do your homework. Finally, it has to be a scam. I got rid of my timeshare over 6 years ago and still got a call wanting to help me sell my timeshare within the last month. The timeshare industry is rife with phony people from the original sales person to these scam artists.

Jim H.
Jan 14, 2023

Thank you.

Paul E.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.