Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Mar 20, 2016

Yes, I contacted them today and told about the Ovation program. I will call them this coming week and see what they have to offer.

William L.
Mar 28, 2016

I contacted Wyndham two weeks ago. My wife was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer and we have been deluged with medical bills making our continued participation in Wyndham impossible for years to come. I received no information from them other than to contact a third party seller, www.resort-property.com I tried to contact them over 10 days ago, and received no response whatsoever.

Not sure what program you are referring to, but I was offered no assistance of any type from them. You would think they would be willing to help in this situation, but nothing!

Tim R.
Mar 28, 2016

timr344 wrote:
I contacted Wyndham two weeks ago. ... I received no information from them other than to contact a third party seller... Not sure what program you are referring to, but I was offered no assistance of any type from them.

You should ask SPECIFICALLY about the Ovation Program.

Stu M.
Mar 28, 2016

So, if I contact Wyndham, explain a dire medical situation with proof available if requested, ask for assistance in selling my membership, but don't ask them specifically about the Ovation program, they won't bother mentioning it?

What a company!

Tim R.
Mar 28, 2016

Asking about selling and giving it away isn't necessarily the same thing. Do you owe back MF or have a loan on the unit if so than you are not eligible for ovations.

Tracey S.
Mar 29, 2016

MF are up to date, and no, we do not owe anything, it is paid off.

Next excuse?

Tim R.
Mar 29, 2016

Does the Ovation program replace the Pathways program they had a couple years ago? Has anyone had any success talking to anyone at Wyndham Headquarters about the Ovation program? Ron

Ron S.
Mar 29, 2016

timr344 wrote:
So, if I contact Wyndham, explain a dire medical situation with proof available if requested, ask for assistance in selling my membership, but don't ask them specifically about the Ovation program, they won't bother mentioning it? What a company!

I'd be the last guy in line to DEFEND the likes of Wyndham with its Cendant/Fairfield lineage, BUT you might want to consider that the rep(s) you talked to may not have known about Ovation and/or may have had no authorization (in a typically rigid and structured call center environment) to suggest or mention ANYthing.

So, one more time: Call Wyndham, forget the direness of the medical situation, and simply ASK clearly and plainly about the Ovation program. Have your deed(s) at hand so you can tell them where your points are deeded, whether you are paid off or up-to-date on your loan(s) and maintenance fee(s), etc. Your situation and/or your particular Wyndham timeshare(s) may or may not qualify. But as many in this on-going conversation can testify, there IS an Ovation program and it looks like quite a few have gotten rid of their unwanted timeshare ownerships by participating in it.

Stu M.

Last edited by markl18 on Mar 29, 2016 01:10 PM

Mar 29, 2016

rons473 wrote:
Has anyone had any success talking to anyone at Wyndham Headquarters about the Ovation program? Ron

Please go to the beginning of this on-going conversation and read through the several pages of what others have written. The short answer to your question is, YES.

Stu M.

Last edited by markl18 on Mar 29, 2016 01:12 PM

Mar 29, 2016

Yes, depending upon whether your Wyndham timeshare is on the Ovation eligible list.

We had a Fairfield Glade, 2 bedroom, Week 44 which we bought on eBay. We were told it was eligible, requested and received the paperwork from Wyndham, filled it out, had it notarized and sent it in by courier.

Shortly thereafter we received a letter from Wyndham saying our contract was terminated.

No money received but we knew that going in and only wished other timeshares would offer similar programs.

Brian B.
Apr 07, 2016

We want to sell our timeshare, can some contact me.

Adrian W.
Apr 07, 2016

Adrian-

If you would like to sell your timeshare through RedWeek, we offer a couple of options. Please Contact Us and we will be happy to provide you with all the details (or email support@redweek.com).

Thanks, Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Apr 08, 2016

We just ended our Wyndham (points) timeshare by using OVATION. It was amazingly simple and free. Definitely the best way to get rid of our timeshare! If you have owned your timeshare for more than 1 year, paid off the loan, are current with your monthly maintenance fees, Wyndham will look up your account and tell you if you have a timeshare they want redeeded back to them. They wanted ours! It took two weeks to get the paperwork from Ovation. We shipped back the paperwork to them. And it was finished (total time) in 5 weeks much faster than we expected. They stopped the maintenance fees and cancelled any reservations they had for us. What a relief! We are now saving over $2,000 in maintenance fees. And we used the timeshare for 10 years so we broke even on the cost of the timeshare. Definitely recommend using Ovation!

Alma T.
Apr 08, 2016

Contact Ovation Dept at Wyndham and they will help you.

Alma T.
Apr 18, 2016

I will get rid of my( paid for) timeshare at Wyndham resort in Branson Meadows 1 in Missouri. I am sick, 82 years old and have nobody to give the timeshare to Bjorn Vikebo.

Bjorn V.
Apr 18, 2016

I have an owned timeshare at Branson Meadows 1. I called Ovation 2 weeks ago, but have still not get any paperwork. I'm sick and will soon go to an old folks home. Hope I hear from them soon. Bjorn Vikebo.

Bjorn V.
Apr 19, 2016

Call them again.

bjornv2 wrote:
I called Ovation 2 weeks ago, but have still not get any paperwork. I Hope I hear from them soon.

Stu M.
Apr 19, 2016

We just received (4/18) the completed paperwork to deed back our ownership through Ovations. The process (about a month) took less time than expected, went quite smoothly, and we're very satisfied with the outcome. Because we met all the requirements & our deed was at a desirable resort (N. Myrtle Beach), we will receive 3 years' use of our point total (500,000) at Wyndham-owned resorts, without paying any more maintenance fees. After the 3 years, it's all over.

Fred A.
Apr 19, 2016

Hi! Very interested in the ovation program and would like to get rid of my Wyndham plus points and properties by giving it all back-- deeds and everything...

Teresa S.
Apr 19, 2016

Who did you contact? I have had no luck in starting the process..

Teresa S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.