Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

May 10, 2016

I was able to get ours canceled, not by OVATION. Not even sure what the heck that means. You guys have it allllll wrong, If thee resort has ANOTHER program offer, you all would just sign up, right? Cmon now! WAKE UP! Everyone keeps falling for these schemes. There is only 1 way to get the handcuffs off.

Jennifer R.

Last edited by jenniferr830 on May 10, 2016 08:37 PM

May 11, 2016

Jennifer, would very much like to understand more about your message. Please email me contact information at jeff@redweek.com and I will send you my phone. If Ovation is not working, I want to know about it from all posters on RedWeek.com. Thanks.

Jeffrey W.
May 12, 2016

Ovation won't work if you have a mortgage or are not up to date on your MF's.

Tracey S.
May 13, 2016

I am interested in learning more about this program. I am 86 years old and still in good health but the maintenance fees are becoming burdensome and I don't know how long I will be able to travel so the program does sound promising.

Joan H.
May 14, 2016

joanh266 wrote:
I am interested in learning more about this program. I am 86 years old and still in good health but ....

Just make a direct call to Wyndham at 1-855-312-9040. It's just plain that easy.

Stu M.
May 14, 2016

Great info thanks for the contact information!

Rita M.
May 17, 2016

Well I hope the "Ovation" program works. I was notified by a facebook post about the program. I called the number RedWeek has listed & was surprised. I've had my timeshare for 8 years fully paid off & all maintenance fees paid up. I was told they would send paperwork out to me to sign back ownership & would get a check back for $2300. I also have RCI & it will canceled also. Sure hope this program is legitimate I will check with WorldMark & RCI before I sign over ownership.

Walter V.
May 18, 2016

walterv20 wrote:
I called the number RedWeek has listed ...[and] ... I was told they would send paperwork out to me to sign back ownership & would get a check back for $2300.

WOW! Money back? Maybe there really IS a Santa Claus! Please keep us posted here on Redweek.

Stu M.
May 18, 2016

Never heard of anyone getting money back, unless it's a prepaid fee? Nor worldmark owners taking part?

Angela R.
May 19, 2016

Yes, I just called them (Wyndham's new "Ovation" program ) a few minutes ago. They told me this is not a buy back program, but you relinquish : (: to give up (something) : to give (something, such as power, control, or possession) to another person or group) back to Wyndham. No compensation or discounts on points...etc.

bryand14 wrote:
This not a "buy-back" it is a "give-back".

Glory D.
May 23, 2016

They just want you to sign your property over to them and receive no compensation at all for your property. I am not interested in just giving away a property that cost me $20 plus thousand dollars.

Louis L.
May 23, 2016

louisl72 wrote:
I am not interested in just giving away a property that cost me $20 plus thousand dollars.

We weren't really interested in doing that either, but have you tried to SELL your $20,000-worth of points? I see Wyndham points advertised on Redweek, TimeSharing Today, TUG, etc., for about 2 cents -- yes, I said 2 CENTS -- a point. Sometimes even less. And you, the seller, might have to pay the selling fees for the buyer in order to make a deal. So, if you want out from under Wyndham, their give-back program is the quick and easy way to go. When it's all over you can drown your sorrows with the cash you don't spend on maintenance fees anymore.

Stu M.
May 23, 2016

louisl72 wrote:
I am not interested in just giving away a property that cost me $20 plus thousand dollars.

You do realize that you will never get back anywhere near what you paid for it, don't you? That is the sad reality of timeshares that are purchased at these sales presentations. It is very important that you realize that your unit is probably worth around zero dollars or maybe, at best, a couple thousand.

So here's an important, friendly warning. If you continue to have visions of selling your unit for tens of thousands of dollars, you're going to make yourself a prime target for these resale scam artists.

Lance C.
May 23, 2016

There is a reason why they sell these products at sales presentations while people are enjoying a vacation because if they advertised them like everything else they would be out of business. If people had time to read over the contracts and ask questions they would never buy something that is so one sided as points contracts.

There is not one single thing in the contract that favors the buyer. The developer lobbied the politicians to pass laws that they wrote themselves for themselves and our elected officials gave them everything they wanted. The system is rigged and once you sign on the dotted line they have you as a cash cow until you can unload the lemon you were sold.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on May 23, 2016 03:12 PM

May 24, 2016

Hi, we are from Canada wanting to sell our deeds. We own in Vegas. Does anyone know if Grand Desert qualifies for this Ovation program? With the drop in the canadian dollar, the maintenance fee is killing us! Thank you

Diana C.

Last edited by dianac273 on May 24, 2016 12:42 AM

May 24, 2016

I have recently requested paperwork from ovation to sign over my aging parents' timeshare with shell vacations club. I would be willing to share my experience as it progresses. This timeshare has been a thorn in our side for decades.

Deanna Sparks

Deanna S.
May 24, 2016

dianac273 wrote:
Does anyone know if Grand Desert [in Las Vegas] qualifies for this Ovation program?

Call Wyndham's Ovation program line at 1-855-312-9040 and A-S-K. They're pretty decent to deal with.

Stu M.
May 24, 2016

Yes I would like more information regarding the Ovation program.

Frances T.

Last edited by francest29 on May 24, 2016 02:37 PM

May 25, 2016

francest29 wrote:
Yes I would like more information regarding the Ovation program.

Simply call Wyndham's Ovation program line at 1-855-312-9040.

Stu M.
May 28, 2016

I received the paperwork for relinquishing the property and mailed it off today. It looks legit and I got it notarized so we shall see. I really hope this works! I think they wanted my property back because it was in Hawaii????

Deanna S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.