Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Oct 19, 2018

I am repeating myself on this, but my message is this:The ovation program works. I got rid of 3 timeshares in 3 states and have had no maintenance fees since 2016. This year I have used or given away 990,000 points to friends and relatives who enjoyed the vacations. I have one more year of no fee, 1,000,000 points to use, give away, or sell. I definitely wish I had never been suckered in in the first place, but I am most assuredly satisfied with the ovation exit program. Gary Burris

Gary B.
Oct 30, 2018

I'm not sure what the gentleman was referring to as '3 years without any dues" how does that work?

Weldon J.
Oct 31, 2018

Weldon J. wrote:
I'm not sure what the gentleman was referring to as '3 years without any dues" how does that work?

If Wyndham accepts you into the Ovation program, you deed the property back to them and then you get 3 years with the same number of points, and no more maintenance fees. Your mortagage has to be paid off. They don't accept returns of every resort, but those who are in the program generally like it and appreciate it. There are a number of good reports in this site. Call Wyndham and ask to speak to someone about the Ovation program -- can't hurt.

Jim S.

Last edited by jims1139 on Oct 31, 2018 07:31 PM

Nov 01, 2018

The standard ovations program is you give Wyndham back your deed and you pay nothing and you get nothing. There are 2 sub categories under the Ovations umbrella. One is final Tribute. That is giving your ownership to a direct family member which includes taking your name off the contract. Wyndham forgoes the transfer fee. So the transfer is free. The final component is called "Limited Edition" with that one when you turn in the contract you get 3 years of use with no additional MF's. This is not offered to everyone who is offered the standard Ovations. With Limited Edition you must have bought direct from Wyndham and like all ovations it must be paid off. They are more likely to offer Limited Edition if you bought within the last 15 years. Older properties rarely qualify.

Tracey S.
Nov 17, 2018

yes am intrested cause 4 years ago in 2014 when we went to the US mom dad and two of my sister were lead by one of wyndham seller for the owner ship he explained to them everyhting innarabic since we were but ut turn put that everything he said is false and non of it was on the contract exaple : 1- mom told him that sometimes we travel al of a sudden lime we decide at the same day will she still be able to book he said yes , but after a month since you can't see that only after a month of purchas we diecovered that you have to book one month earlier amd you can't book in the same time . he told us as well that it will always be available till this day we were only cababple to use it once we travled 10time to different countries and we only found one . also he didn't tell them about the maintainance fees he told them they will only pay the amount for the apartment or what ever it was but we desvocer later we have to keep paying for maintainance and there are so many more I can't recall them but they were scammed by that bastard who explained everything in arabic and made mom who can't read or speak english well sign the paper telling her everything he said is in the contract nothing more but he was a big fat liar I was pissed when I knew that they bought this and become more pissed when I knew he scammed them and everything is not like what he said that why I want to exist this cause we are only paying money while we don't even use it cause we can't find any apartment to stay in I hope we can end this scam , and everything we wrre told was a lie

shame on that person for scaming my parent Karma shall pay him back

Nova N.
Nov 17, 2018

novan wrote:
yes am intrested cause 4 years ago in 2014 when we went to the US mom dad and two of my sister were lead by one of wyndham seller for the owner ship ... ... everything is not like what he said that why I want to exit this cause we are only paying money while we don't even use it cause we can't find any apartment to stay in I hope we can end this scam , and everything we wrre told was a lie / shame on that person for scaming my parent Karma shall pay him back

Get a grip, control your rage, and call Wyndham's Ovation department. Have your account number and all other documents at hand when you call. Ask them politely what you have to do to participate in the Ovation program. If you qualify and follow through, you will not get any money back but you will be OUT.

Stu M.
Nov 17, 2018

When we first heard about this program, three years ago, my wife and I jumped at the chance to end our relationship with Wyndham. We deeded our interest back, and for three years continued to use our points with no maintenance fees. Last month we took our last vacation of the three years. Now it is done, and we have no reason to deal with Wyndham anymore. We are pleased.

Louis W.
Nov 27, 2018

What is Wyndham's definition of direct family members? your children only or could it include my sisters?

Leslie W.
Nov 27, 2018

lesliew240 wrote:
What is Wyndham's definition of direct family members?

Call Wyndham and ask.

Stu M.
Nov 30, 2018

I am starting the Ovation program process. If this is going to cost me more, can't do it. Just want out.

Michele K.

Last edited by michelek105 on Dec 15, 2018 03:57 PM

Nov 30, 2018

A class action lawsuit would only enrich lawyers and would not have a positive outcome. I seriously doubt if you could find an attorney who would file a class action, anyway. Your only expense with the Ovation program should be if you ha e to pay a notary. Mine cost me nothing as I went to my bank to have documents notarized.

Gary B.
Nov 30, 2018

I agree with Gary . I have been involved in a few class action suits and even if you settle you usually get a trinket for your trouble . It usually comes in the form of a credit towards something from the defendant . It's usually something very insignificant for your trouble and something nobody uses .

Don P.
Nov 30, 2018

michelek105 wrote:
I am starting the Ovation program process. If this is going to cost me more, can't do it. Just want out. Has anyone contacted a lawyer about a class action lawsuit?

Class action lawsuit for WHAT? Their taking our money for something that, at the time, the moment, each of us actually wanted and signed for and paid for? Ovation is a FREE way OUT. The money we all paid for all those "wonderful vacations" is long gone. There's a time to spend and a time to stop spending; a time to regret having spent and a time to stop the regret (and recriminations) and move on.

Stu M.
Dec 01, 2018

The Ovation program will work providing you have your maintenance fees current & you owe nothing. I was referred to a choice of realtors And the timeshare was sold similar to selling land or property. It will cost nothing up front & in my case I actually got a check for $500. A class lawsuit has no standing & would be laughed out of court. And why, because when you signed the documents you had 3-5 days of rescission where you could have voided the contract. Apparently you chose not to. Work with them, ask questions, see what options are available & stay calm.

Jim H.
Dec 15, 2018

People keep asking the same questions over and over. Go to the myclubwyndham.com website and sign in. Go to https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/owner-101/knowledge/my-membership/ownership/limited-edition.page?

The Ovation program is explained in detail right there. It used to be hard to find but I guess Wyndham is going to keep it around because now it has a home on their website.

Lolli S.
Dec 16, 2018

It would appear from what is stated on that page that ONLY CLUB WYNDHAM® Select, Access and Presidential Reserve contracts are eligible. Owners of other late-commer vacation programs such as Shell Vacations are still treated as stepchildren.

Fran W.
Dec 24, 2018

As of 12/26/18, Ovation participants can no longer make guest confirmations. Two years into the program for us and Wyndham unilaterally changes the terms. Phone rep says nothing they can do. Just be aware, when you go this route, nothing is guaranteed.

John M.

Last edited by johnm3963 on Dec 24, 2018 08:25 AM

Dec 24, 2018

I called to initiate the program and learned a few details I didn't know before. In order to get the Limited Edition benefit the contract has to have been bought from Wyndham. They will take back other units but not give you Limited Edition on them. I have one large contract bought from Wyndham and one small contract bought privately. I have to give up the small one first and then they will take the larger one and give me the Limited Edition for it. I was also concerned about the points I have sitting at RCI. If you go into Ovation those points will be lost. However, if you put the points into reservations first, the reservations will not be lost. Since I can never find a reservation I'm interested in this is moot, but for some of you this may be useful information.

Lolli S.
Dec 24, 2018

johnm3963 wrote:
As of 12/26/18, Ovation participants can no longer make guest confirmations. Two years into the program for us and Wyndham unilaterally changes the terms. Phone rep says nothing they can do. Just be aware, when you go this route, nothing is guaranteed.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this. During a lull during the afternoon of Christmas eve I was idly looking at email and saw that there was something new on Redweek. Up came your posting. I immediately called Wyndham and, I'm happy to report, was able to register my son and his family as "guests" for the June week at Myrtle Beach we are givng them for Christmas. Without this post I might have called in, say, April or May, to put them on as "guests" and could have been SOL. Thanks again, and Merry Christmas from BOTH our families.

Stu M.
Dec 25, 2018

Great, very gratifying, merry Christmas.

John M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.