May 07, 2016

I have my timeshare up for rental. I would consider an exchange. How is this done with Redweek?

James B.
May 08, 2016

You could mention in your ad that you would also be willing to trade your unit and then list the locales and dates you are interested in. At one point redweek had an actual exchange component but no longer does.

Tracey S.
May 08, 2016

jamesb860 wrote:
I would consider an exchange. How is this done with Redweek?

Tracey is correct. RedWeek no longer does exchanges. Is your resort affiliated with Resorts Condominiums International (RCI) or Interval International (II)? Whichever one it's affiliated with, you can buy a membership with them by paying an annual feeand then an exchange fee for each exchange.

Some other exchange companies such as San Francisco Exchange (SFX), Dial-an-Exchange (DAE), Trading Places International (TPI), etc., all have exchanges without the membership fees but you still have to pay for each exchange. I also know on Timeshare Users Group (TUG), there is a free direct-with-other-members exchange service that some have used successfully. Just remember that your chances of having what another member wants and that member having what you want are pretty slim.

You also mention that you have had your unit up for rent. Since it is getting closer to check-in date, your trading power might be limited as it would be harder for the exchange company to find a member to grab that exchange.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.