Comments

ask-redweek-diamond-resorts-lake-tahoe-update

Aug 10, 2016

In the unit week we bought privately at Grand Beach Resort, Diamond Resorts is putting pressure on owners of time, rather than their points system, by raising the timeshare maintenance fees on our time by huge annual increases. In talks with their agents seeking to convert us to their points system, by the purchase of tens of thousands of dollars of additional cost, they suggested they would continue to apply pressure by maintenance fee increases, until they got their way, or the owners were forced to just walk away from their property, and cede the property to Diamond Resorts. They will continue these practices to force us, and you, into their business model.

Al J.
Aug 10, 2016

Alj30-- yes I know what you mean. We owned a Diamond take-over resort in Palm Springs, and also saw the pressure to convert to their points system. We had owned a deeded week. We sold out and were happy to pay all the fees associated with that in order to avoid dealing with Diamond ever again!

James H.
Aug 27, 2016

What is the most popular timeshare to rent?

Carolyn C.
Nov 05, 2016

Just found your blog today (11/3). I have been so unhappy with diamond resorts. I owned Monarch Grand Vacations timeshares. Was forced after over five hours of refusal to give up my ownership an purchase Diamond Resorts. I am 75 years old an felt threatened for my livelihood being told I would be sued. Bank accounts attached. Would really like to get out of their powerful hold.

Jewell F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.