Comments

ask-redweek-wyndham-ovation-help-owners-get-out

Oct 07, 2020

looking to sell 5000 SVC points.. posting shortly. I like SVC but I am at heart a Worldmark owner and have my bucket of travel with that program. Buy aftermarket. never developer or you will not get your money back. With points based systems you need to buy enough points to keep your membership dues under control... The exchange options with II and RCI are phenomenal. SVC and Worldmark have lots of leverage.

Julie T.
Oct 30, 2020

it took us almost a year. I didn’t want my wife to unfairly get stuck with maintenance fees should I die. I’ve stayed at the condo 31 times and I love it, but i has to get away from these dishonest people. I had to give up this years week and give them my about $1000 maintenance fee to do so. They said I could enroll in something like RCI and use that week but pay hundreds of dollars more to do so. Then, who’s to say we would find a good accommodation anywhere. After a million phone calls they sent a letter saying it’s done but if they have any title problems they can come back to us. They said to call the Bureau of convenience in Kona and they would give a copy of the title transfer, but they couldn’t. To conclude, I strongly suggest that you do it and get away from these con people. I won’t give up until i get my $1000 back.

Brian K.
Dec 17, 2020

Beginning ovation process .hopeful a non stressful event .

Joyce C.
Dec 17, 2020

Can anyone who has gone through the Ovation by Wyndam exit program share their documents? I've qualified for the program, but it sounds like I may not receive any info for 4-7 weeks, and then need to turn it around fairly quickly. Thus I would like to review a "draft" to see what it actually says before committing to the program. Thx so much!

Carol F.
Feb 05, 2021

A few hard truths from someone currently going through the process.We've been Worldmark by Wyndham owners for about 5 years, and have been extremely disappointed with the lack of inventory, constantly increasing fees, and arbitrary changes to the rules (housekeeping tokens have to apply to 1st stay of the year, etc). Fyi, we're paid in full for our points. We started the Ovation process in early October, requesting option 3 above. We were told we don't qualify for that option. Unfortunately, my husband made the call and can't explain to me why. He went ahead with option 2, and our ability to reserve using our banked points was shut off immediately. But fees continued. Someone here mentioned it taking 3 weeks to get the paperwork. It took a full 3 months for us to receive the email with a 1 page standard form. 19 days after their title office received it in mid January (signed and sent via Fedex), they charged our fees again. Now, my husband tells me the original email he received says the paperwork has to be notarized, but the woman he spoke to when he called said it did not.This was unclear in the email that came with the form. We certainly didn't need a notary to sign up, so if it is required, their claim of wanting to give us the same rights at exit as at entry is suspect. We live in California, so are hopeful that some consumer-facing law, as we tend to have here, kept us from needing a notary. When he made the call and they shut off our account, they did not speak to me. If they do need notarized forms, it seems odd that they can shut off the use of the points (but continue to charge fees for months) with just a verbal from one of two owners.

Heather M.

Last edited by heatherm898 on Feb 05, 2021 08:09 AM

Feb 05, 2021

I would be interested in phasing out my time share points..

using wyndham resort with out paying maintenance for 15 years would help to recover the $34000.00 in initial purchase. anything less would be scamming the owners out of our intitial purchase. we were told upon purchase that we have title to the said Wyndham properties otherwise there should be a class act lawsuit against wyndham for douping people out of our retirement savings

Elwood P.
Feb 22, 2021

I would like to try the ovation program,no morgrage& up to date on Matinice

Gerald S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 22, 2021 06:39 PM

Mar 19, 2021

We owned a timeshare with Wyndham (paid cash). We "returned" ours through the Ovation process. We requested the form. They sent it, we signed it, dated it, notarized it, sent it back. They "released" us of it. (thy DO NOT buy it back - you forfeit what you paid for it, fortunately we utilized ours for years - so we "looked" at it as breaking even) - in return - No more fees, taxes or dues. We were very worried about the "timeshare trap" But Wyndham made it very simple. From what I understand, if you own with Wyndham - "you're" one of the "lucky" ones. Not sure the "other" timeshares offer the Ovation option. Been timeshare free for 3 years. They were true-to-their-word. Have not received any further obligations, news letters, maintenance fees or correspondence. Ovation truly was a blessing.

Linda M.
Apr 20, 2021

My wife and I attended what we thought was an update meeting at Club Wyndham in Branson ,Mo. at the Mountain Visa resort on 04/19/2021. During the get to know you portion I mention we were interested in learning about the Ovation Program. The Representative immediately dismissed himself and after a few short minutes a second representative showed up stating he was the guy that talked to disgruntle owners. I did not know I was disgruntle.

He began to tell me why I could not get out of my timeshare. We paid cash when we bought way back in 2000. He wanted to know if we ever brought our kids to one of the resorts. I said our kids were grown and vacationed where they wanted and did not care about coming to Wyndham. He stated no wonder your kids did not like Wyndham as I had never brought them. He went on to question my life and was very insulting. My anger became so great I had to walk out. I learned that the Ovation Program was only for people that had disastrously sickness and had not used their timeshare in a long while. We were told we were using ours. Please remember I just mentioned Ovation Program and wanted to know more.

We have been owners for twenty years and the most disliked portion has been high pressure sales presentations and update meetings. I did find out we did not have to attend these meeting and offered for us to leave.

I state all this so others might know how I was treated by mentioning Ovation Program and was seeking information. I would say to the CEO of Wyndham that your program is not working very well.

Hope everyone else has a better experience and could give me some pointers on whom to contact. I want out after this experience.

Dennis D.

Dennis D.
Apr 20, 2021

Dear Linda M - the way you describe your experience with the ownership AND the exit with ovation is a mirror image of how my husband and I had our experience. We were very pleased to have owned when we did and were ready to ‘break even’ about 2018 as well and we did that very thing. It took a couple of months to send correspondence back and forth and notarize and once done it was indeed DONE :) hoping others on here have the same experience as you and we did. Take Care and May God Bless!

lindam1953 wrote:
We owned a timeshare with Wyndham (paid cash). We "returned" ours through the Ovation process. We requested the form. They sent it, we signed it, dated it, notarized it, sent it back. They "released" us of it. (thy DO NOT buy it back - you forfeit what you paid for it, fortunately we utilized ours for years - so we "looked" at it as breaking even) - in return - No more fees, taxes or dues. We were very worried about the "timeshare trap" But Wyndham made it very simple. From what I understand, if you own with Wyndham - "you're" one of the "lucky" ones. Not sure the "other" timeshares offer the Ovation option. Been timeshare free for 3 years. They were true-to-their-word. Have not received any further obligations, news letters, maintenance fees or correspondence. Ovation truly was a blessing.

Brenda F.
May 10, 2021

Wyndham is a scam. We requested paperwork to start the exit process in July 2020 and “due to COVID” they didn’t send us the paperwork until March 2021 despite numerous phone calls Following up on the paperwork. We quickly completed the paperwork and mailed It back via certified mail. They gave us the runaround saying the process has not been finalized and we are still on the hook for 2021 maintenance fees despite request for financial assistance due to COVID. They sent the “agreement” outlining the process to an unused email address so we never received it. They are unclear about the process and use every delay tactic to prolong the exit process and threaten you with collections. And on top of that 3 of the 4 reps I spoke with were hostile and disrespectfully raising their voices when I was asking why we received a maintenance delinquency notice after we had returned the paperwork well before the due date. They are a scam and I regret ever entering into contract with these people! They should be investigated for fraudulent activity!

Jessica K.
May 28, 2021

We were owners of about 2,000,000 points, almost all purchased at resale. For several years, I successfully "rented" points which meant transferring points to someone else's account so they could use them as they chose. Then Wyndham stopped allowing that. Next, I was able to "rent" points by booking reservations from my account, taking advantage of Platinum discounts and upgrades. This was aided by having points in different use-years. If a reservation made in one use-year was canceled, the points generally rolled over into another use year. In that way, points could be kept from expiring if they were not rented. Then Wyndham stopped allowing that. Over the years Wyndham introduced more and more "enhancements" which really were ways to keep owners from being able to use their points. Many people on this forum have mentioned the difficulty in booking reservations at the time and place they desire. It reached the point that I really could not use my points, and the ever-increasing maintenance fees became a huge burden. Then came the Ovation program. When I learned of it, I contacted Wyndham. They were willing to take back everything EXCEPT four weeks at Fairfield Plantation. The paperwork arrived in about six weeks ready to be signed and notarized. We took care of that and returned the paperwork. A few weeks later, we no longer owned the bulk of our timeshare portfolio. It went as promised (probably the ONLY thing that has gone as Wyndham promised) . Yes, we lost our "investment" in the weeks we purchased, but since we had purchased at a hugely discounted resale price, we were happy to lose that because it meant that the maintenance fees were gone. We are still stuck with our Fairfield Plantation weeks, though. My advice to those of you who are burdened by the maintenance fees and no longer use your units: just bite your lip and accept that you will not get back what you paid. Just move on. Take advantage of Ovation. Look forward to NO MAINTENANCE FEES! And get on with your life. Don't keep throwing good money after bad! More advice: don't plan on giving your timeshare to your kids. It will be just as much of a millstone around their necks as it is for you. Don't go to member updates when you stay at a resort. They always take longer than they promise, and you risk falling for more of the lies and false promises that they spew. We always unplug the phones in our unit first thing. That way we don't have to keep saying "no." They usually try to get you to commit to an update appointment when you get your parking pass. We either say that we have a busy schedule and we'll get back to them tomorrow to schedule our update, or sometimes we just skip the parking pass. At most resorts there really is no checking of parking passes. The timeshare industry preys on the innocent and uninformed. The salespeople lie and lie and lie. When will it end?

Thomas W. B.

Last edited by thomaswb on May 28, 2021 03:49 PM

Mar 01, 2022

Just learned about the Ovations, now Certified Exit program. We have a fully paid deeded week at River Village II at Shawnee on Delaware, PA, which is a Wyndham property, but I don't know if or where it falls among the Wyndham clubs. Would our timeshare qualify?

Craig B.
Mar 14, 2022

Bought with Wyndham in the early 2000’s . The regrets I have with them is the shouting matches I use to have with them when I went to book some time away with my family. They would never have anything available for a good long weekend or a week get away I would be willing to take . Then maintanence fees and house cleaning fees would be tossed into the loop this would make your points more . What a mess ! you could book maybe 1 week a year. Sad for all the money you pay.! The best getaways with Wyndham was to go to the resorts get the freebies and say hell no ! Can’t do it cause I got my own bills to pay and please get out of there. Unfortunately in the early 2000’s we melted to sales pitch in Nashville and got stuck . I booked with Williamsburg and had to go to another spill through Wyndham . The guy who talk to us through the spill said we needed more points . So we told him we couldn’t buy more because we had 2 kids in college cannot afford it . He himmed and hauled.!He said I don’t know why you want buy, we were stopping him from getting toys for his children at Christmastime . Really? That was definitely a turn off for me I told my husband time was up, let’s go. If you go to a spill when 90 minutes are up you can leave . Please Leave! Don’t stay they are trying to get you to sway. After so many years fighting with them booking time we wanted to get rid of it . Nobody I mean nobody was willing to take it back without paying them money. So , finally the great Wyndham decided they would take back there property as long as there were no strings attached otherwords they wanted the property paid off and in return through the ovation process we got nothing . So . Please read this don’t get attached say no that way you want be out of a lot of money.

Bobby C.
Oct 14, 2022

does Wyndham Own Hilton vacation club. I own at Sedona summit

Robert Y.
Nov 14, 2022

Good Evening All, I already started my wyndham ovation exit program. Paid my timeshare in full last month 10yrs with 15% apr.smh. Now I got an email from wyndham regarding the deed application. Filing fee is about $710 and optional $250 title insurance. Do I need to apply deed in order to go through the ovation process. Asking for members with similar experience. Thank you

Kenneth O.
Jul 12, 2023

People are so gullible! We have somehow managed to buy 1,000,000 pts in Wyndham and none of our kids want it. We are too old, can't travel as much, and are stuck with a timeshare that eats our lunch every month. The salespeople will tell you anything to make a sale and I think they take advantage of us older people. I hope something is done so that people can get smarter about timeshares and how hard they are to get rid of. I don't have much faith in Wyndham to help us get out of this nightmare we have created for ourselves.

LaVada L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.