Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Has anyone used American Consumer Credit to get out of Timeshare?

Jan 02, 2018

Thanks Ken, I spoke to them and they want 3300 to get me out of 2 timeshares, But I read the BBB complaints and didn't do it, But they keep calling and calling trying to get me to sign the paperwork. I will call the timeshares and work it out with them myself. Sandra

Sandra E.
Jan 02, 2018

sandrae164 wrote:
Thanks Ken, I spoke to them and they want 3300 to get me out of 2 timeshares, But I read the BBB complaints and didn't do it, But they keep calling and calling trying to get me to sign the paperwork. I will call the timeshares and work it out with them myself. Sandra

Good for you! That's $3,300 you are very wisely choosing to NOT flush down the toilet.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 02, 2018 03:29 PM

Feb 16, 2018

Is it easier to have the company take it back if it's fully paid off? We owe nothing but get 8,000 points every two years. We pay $650 in fees every year. We are losing money to get 1 one every two years for $1300 and be limited to which resort/week, etc. This is a Bluegreen timeshare.

I will actually pay closing cost, new fews, or whatever, up to $3000, if I can just be done with it. I do NOT trust these cancellation companies either. Maybe it's time to suck it up and apply some customer service skills and business acumen to Bluegreen. I just don't know what I have to hold as leverage against them? I really don't want the credit hit.

Brian A.
Feb 16, 2018

briana420 wrote:
Is it easier to have the company take it back if it's fully paid off? We owe nothing but get 8,000 points every two years. We pay $650 in fees every year. We are losing money to get 1 one every two years for $1300 and be limited to which resort/week, etc. This is a Bluegreen timeshare.

I will actually pay closing cost, new fews, or whatever, up to $3000, if I can just be done with it. I do NOT trust these cancellation companies either. Maybe it's time to suck it up and apply some customer service skills and business acumen to Bluegreen. I just don't know what I have to hold as leverage against them? I really don't want the credit hit.

Any timeshare (points packages included) MUST be fully paid off and have no back fees due before deedback will even be considered. However, being fully paid off does NOT mean that a timeshare will be accepted back; many independent timeshare properties still will have nothing to do with deedbacks. Wyndham, Westgate and DRI now all have their own internal "deedback" programs (although Westgate charges $900 for theirs).

Have you contacted BlueGreen Corp directly to see if you can work something out with them? I don't know anything at all about BG policies or practices. I'd recommend starting with bluegreenonline.com and drilling down from there. If you have no luck, you may have to advertise to just give it away for free and offer to pay all transfer costs too. Maybe even add a gift card of a few hundred $$$ to entice someone (maybe an existing BG owner would be interested in adding more points). You certainly are not going to be able to "muscle" BlueGreen, but at least opening a dialog with them would be a smart first step. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 17, 2018 06:30 AM

Feb 16, 2018

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!

Don P.
Mar 14, 2018

I called bluegreen today and they don’t have a deed-back program. I’m in the same boat I have this time share and I want out. I can’t use it because I don’t have enough points. They said I could give it to charity and they would call me back in 3-5 business days to tell me about it but there is no guarantee . I don’t know what that means. I want to stop paying for the maintenance fees but I’m afraid of them putting a lean on my house. Anyone have any pegged oprtions Cm

Christal M.
Mar 14, 2018

For one thing, any charity that takes it is going to charge you thousands of dollars to do so so I do not recommend going down that road.

Now you said you called Blue Green (the corporate office perhaps?) but did you contact the actual resort or, more specifically, the resort's Homeowners' Association? I would tell the HOA that you want to give your unit back and that you will not be paying any more money in maintenance fees so it would be in everyone's best interests for the HOA to take your unit back.

But whatever you do, do not pay any organization a large, upfront fee to supposedly "cancel" your timeshare.

Lance C.
May 22, 2018

We signed an agreement with them in Nov 2017. Feel We have been scammed also. They are not responding to our calls and we continue to get theats from our timeshare hoa for past due payments on out yearly fees. We have no proof of them doing anything for us at this point.

Patti C.
May 23, 2018

*Update* We may be out of our timeshare for $0. They have a 'give back' policy where you can donate your timeshare to a charity and there are zero transfer fees. It's in the process so I'm slightly skeptical but so far it sounds great. I'll share updates here. If you're wanting out - it's at least worth asking your company about.

ba

Brian A.
May 23, 2018

Donating the timeshare has been a SCAM that has been around for a long time now . It's right below the Nigerian Lottery .

Don P.
May 23, 2018

briana420 wrote:
We may be out of our timeshare for $0. They have a 'give back' policy where you can donate your timeshare to a charity and there are zero transfer fees. It's in the process so I'm slightly skeptical but so far it sounds great. I'll share updates here. If you're wanting out - it's at least worth asking your company about.

I don't know who that unidentified "they" might be, but you are wise to be very skeptical. No legitimate charity anywhere on Planet Earth wants the financial and legal obligations of someone else's timeshare ownership to be "donated" to them. Let's be honest here --- that's not a "donation" at all. It is instead an attempt to transfer an unwanted financial and legal obligation from one entity to another. Think about it for a moment --- why would any legitimate charity consider accepting someone else's unwanted financial burden being dropped onto their lap instead? It simply makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Also, transfer fees, where applicable, are actually identified and imposed by the resort for any transfer of ownership. If the resort involved imposes a transfer fee (which is separate and distinctly different from any other deed related "closing" costs), rest assured that no transfer of ownership will be acknowledged by the resort without the official recording in appropriate County records of a new, valid deed in the name of a real and legitimate new "grantee" first. The resort-imposed transfer fee must then be paid by either the grantor (i.e., current owner) or the new grantee, before the ownership transfer is valid and completed.

I'm sorry to rain on your parade, but there is really "something rotten in Denmark" in the highly improbable scenario that you have described. Be careful; if this "donation" scheme is willful, knowing, outright fraud you surely don't want to be a willing participant. Forewarned is forearmed.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 23, 2018 10:58 AM

May 23, 2018

I understand your doubt. This was from Bluegreen directly (the resort). We’ve already signed the 14’ legal documents, had them notarized, and sent the legal mortgage care documents to their attorney to be processed. We’re still crossing our fingers but it’s supposed to be 100% over in less than a month. I don’t think a charity takes any property. I think BG writes it off. We have a family medical issue that caused financial hardship and spoke with some corporate BG people who informed us of this unique option. The charity process typically takes 1-2 years. You have to first post, on their site, trying to sell your timeshare for at least a year before you can apply. Then, you could...be accepted.

Brian A.
May 24, 2018

briana420 wrote:
I understand your doubt. This was from Bluegreen directly (the resort). We’ve already signed the 14’ legal documents, had them notarized, and sent the legal mortgage care documents to their attorney to be processed. We’re still crossing our fingers but it’s supposed to be 100% over in less than a month. I don’t think a charity takes any property. I think BG writes it off.

Your previous post very specifically indicated "donating your timeshare to a charity", which is neither a credible nor plausible scenario, for reasons already addressed. Legitimate charities want absolutely no part of accepting someone else's financial burden as their own.

Your more recent post now indicates something entirely different; essentially a "deedback". The two are very different animals. Deedback is feasible and credible, but timeshare "donation to charity" is not.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 24, 2018 04:14 AM

May 24, 2018

We selected from 3 charities to give it to. They get the rights to it without paying for it. I’m not fully cognizant of how that end works but the charity is involved. I’m just trying to help.

Brian A.
May 25, 2018

briana420 wrote:
We selected from 3 charities to give it to. They get the rights to it without paying for it. I’m not fully cognizant of how that end works but the charity is involved.

No legitimate charity will ever accept actual ownership of a timeshare, but perhaps BG derives some corporate tax benefit from facilitating a non-profit organization using your week (while BG absorbs the fees that you are not paying), until BG formally recovers actual ownership for themselves to later re-sell the product to someone else. This is the only possible scenario that makes any sense at all to me. A good outcome for all involved, although it would certainly represent a very rare and unusual practice in the industry.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 25, 2018 03:50 AM

May 25, 2018

These SCAMMERS are very good at what they do to convince you to fork over your hard earned money to them . NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract . !!!

If you foolishly send them money you will not be able to sleep at night worrying that they just ripped you off .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on May 25, 2018 07:18 AM

Jun 26, 2018

The American Consumer (Kirsten Sanders) helped me very efficiently to rescind a stupid new contract I had signed with Marriott, BUT afterwards, she delagated it to their "legal Team" to get rid of older timeshares. This legal team has been completely silent, just as other customers experienced. Kristen promised that after 90 days, I would receive news of the process, but nothing happens, they (it seems that it is Christine who should work with me) rarely answer the phone, they send an automated response to emails... that's it. I think that it is Michael Saracco, the lawyer in charge of my file, but I have no contact whatsoever. Now that I am bound to them, I cannot even reach Marriott. What would you advise me to do? I still have about 20k debt by Marriott. According to what you say, I should just wait until it is foreclosed, I suppose?

Veronique H.
Jun 26, 2018

Stop paying money to the SCAMMERS and deal directly with Marriott .

Don P.
Jul 15, 2018

As a former timeshare sales and marketing executive, NEVER pay anyone to get you out of a timeshare unless it is not paid in full. You can do it yourself. So easy.

I just can't believe how many people pay timeshare solutions companies the price it would cost to buy another timeshare.

Wayne C.
Sep 06, 2018

Fire them immediately. Check the local BBB, you'll see the number of complaints against this company. Someone should be taking them to the media for their practices. Know someone who has fought tooth and nail to get their money back even after this company agreeing to return funds for not being able to complete the process. There are reputable attorneys out there who can accomplish the goal you seek. Take the money you've already spent after fighting to get this money back and put it toward a good attorney that has a record of completions to get you out of the Timeshare. Can be done, I've just seen it with my own eyes with my friends.

Lee R.

Last edited by leer151 on Sep 06, 2018 07:14 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.