Comments

ask-redweek-manhattan-club-lawsuit-info

Dec 24, 2016

I am a NYS barred attorney, and am planning to file a class action suit against the Manhattan Club, seeking compensatory and punitive damages, as well rescission of the timeshares.I am looking to identify additional plaintiffs, as the more incidents I can describe in the Complaint, the stronger would be the cI would not ask for ANY upfront money, and would be paid only with a percentage of what I am able to recover. for the plaintiffs.I would be happy to tell you about my litigation experience with the Manhattan Club, ad why I believe that I would be successful.Best regards, Elaine Platt

Smart W.

Last edited by on Aug 10, 2018 04:12 PM

Jun 05, 2020

I am an owner at the Manhattan club, with the COVID-19 virus, we could not book days for this year. they will NOT extend extra time, they refuse to help. I was offered to pay an extra $400.00 on top of the $3200.00 maintenance fee, to join RCI, so I can take a vacation elsewhere. This is a HORRIBLE company that lies, cheats all guests, and will NOT buy back your timeshare. However, they will take it back for FREE so that they are able to scam more people. You can stay at a nice hotel in manhattan for less money than the yearly fees and you will not have to pay $38,000 to buy into the timeshare. Over the last 11 years, this has cost me over $74,000.00 They need to be sued, and either return time or just buy back the timeshare for people who no longer want to donate thousands to line the pockets of the owner of this property.

Susan B.
Jun 05, 2020

susanb1792 wrote:
...will NOT buy back your timeshare. However, they will take it back for FREE so that they are able to scam more people...or just buy back the timeshare for people who no longer want to donate thousands to line the pockets of the owner of this property.

Actually, very few, if any, resorts are buying back timeshares from owners. Many resorts and chains are taking some units back from owners who want to surrender their ownership, but they are not buying back.

If the MC is offering to take your unit back for free and you just want to get out from under this $3200-per-year maintenance fee, then jump at this offer.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.