Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Buy resale Marriott Legacy Week, How Does it Work with II?

Feb 14, 2017

So, if I have a legacy week with MVCI, and, I have the minimal destinations points as well, which I do, I have a II account which can pay for many Interval fees. If I purchase via resale say here (not from Marriott if that's even still possible) another legacy week, can I get that week added to my same Interval account that is paid via Destinations dues? So, in other words, can I take advantage of the "free" fees after purchaging the resale? Or, does it need it's own account and another II membership?

Does the resale purchase count towards the destination membership levels? (Select, Presidential, etc.)?

I know I can't turn it into rewards points, can I turn it into destinations points though? (Probably not).

Steve F.
Feb 14, 2017

Legacy weeks that transferred to you post 2010 are not eligible for DC enrollment. You would have to have a separate II account to use the non enrolled week and fees like II exchange fees, lock off fees, etc would apply to the new week. They briefly had a period where 3rd party legacy weeks could be added to the DC if you purchased an additional 2000-2500 DC points directly from Marriott at the time you enrolled the week. That offer is currently not available. They offered it for 2 limited time periods of about 4 months each. The first time it required the 2000 point purchase and the second time it went up to 2500. If you were enrolling 2 or more post 2010 resales the points requirement was higher.

Currently you can buy "Bundled" legacy weeks from Marriott resale operations along with about 2000 or so points to enroll the legacy week. The legacy week offered through Marriott resales is often quite a bit higher than what you can find elsewhere. Look for the bundled purchases to get you about 4000 -4500 points in the $9-10 point range.

Tracey S.
Feb 14, 2017

Ok, thanks! I thought since it was Interval, I could add anything to the II account, even non Marriott. I understand I can't trade for points, makes sense. Strange that I can't add anything I want to my II account though. I guess you are saying it's sort of a special account.

Steve F.
Feb 15, 2017

MVCI pays for your DC enrolled legacy week and points II membership through your program fees/annual fees. You don't pay them directly. This is called a corporate II membership. You can't add non enrolled weeks into that account which includes non Marriotts and non enrolled Marriotts. If you buy a second week that is identical to your enrolled week and you convert the enrolled week to points that year, you could probably make an exchange through that account using the identical non enrolled week and II would be non the wiser.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.