Ask RedWeek

Renting 1 day

Mar 28, 2017

New to this site. Someone suggested it. Do people rent out a, day or do you have to get the whole week? For example i want to go to keywest this weekend and just stay a day is that possible or not how this site works?

Moe H.
Mar 28, 2017

Moe,

The majority of owners have purchased a one-week interval, so finding a rental for just one day may not be possible. If the check-in date is at hand, and the owner has not rented their week, they may be willing to negotiate and rent out part of their week for a lower price.

If you have further questions you can Contact Us or visit our Resources page.

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Mar 29, 2017

Single days (even with systems that allow it) often aren't ideal with timeshares. Unlike hotels where you can check in at 2pm and often as early as noon. Then check out at 11 or 12 and sometimes request a check out as late as 2pm with timeshares you are really locked into that 4pm or later check in (and some resorts are as late as 5p or even 6p). Check out is also strictly at 10 am or 11am depending on the resort and if you go over the fees can be in the $100-$200 range. Many resorts charge additional housekeeping fees either to the owner for booking the short stay or to the person checking in. This can add another $60-$100 to the actual cost to stay. Some systems like Wyndham also charge a fee to put a reservation in the name of the guest. That fee is $100. It doesn't matter if the reservation is for a night or 7 nights. Over a 7 night stay that would add less than $15 per night but for a single night that would be the full $100.

So a 16-18 hour stay in a timeshare might be $180 in fees before you even factor in the cost to the owner plus the profit they would be looking to make. For a single night a hotel stay -even if you need two rooms is often the way to go.

On the other hand sometimes you can find real bargains for 4-7 night stays and rather than rent 2 hotels for a night I have booked timeshares even when I only planned on using a night or two.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.